!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Tiree  (Read 7164 times)

Online Bealman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23151
  • Whoops back we go
    • Awards
Re: Tiree
« Reply #135 on: December 24, 2018, 08:20:25 AM »
Yes, it's a bit of a pain. I'm having the same problem.

Members are posting pictures and video's using dropbox and stuff like that,  but it's out of my comfort zone, so I'm waiting for the new gallery.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Offline The Q

• Awards
« Reply #136 on: December 24, 2018, 04:49:26 PM »
Well,  I've managed to add a picture by using lots of compression which I didn't need to do before.
Anyway, this is a shot of three boards together for the first time in over a year.  You can see the viaduct piers have been halved, and the hillside ahead.

Offline The Q

• Awards
« Reply #137 on: December 24, 2018, 04:55:10 PM »
This is a picture from the other direction,  you can see the singled,  main and branch lines, the double tunnel mouth replaced by a single, the new embankment hiding some of the old brick wall and track bed.

Offline The Q

• Awards
« Reply #138 on: December 24, 2018, 05:15:38 PM »
And the current look of the hillside,  some way to go yet..

Today Ive also almost completed  layout carriage  2, so hopefully I'll have two carriages to take to the MRC on Friday.

Offline The Q

• Awards
« Reply #139 on: December 28, 2018, 11:08:27 PM »
Hopefully  another picture,  this shows that I have delivered to the club, two of the layout carriages.

And another showing board one mounted in place.

After the installation I made like General Wade,  and built a road on board 2, and started landscaping  the front scenic board of board 3, which also includes a road.  Both roads are of course still in white,  they'll need leveling  and the ditches digging either side before  painting.
I need to finish board two though, then that can be stored beneath board 1, then board 4 can be brought in to install on the second carriage.

Offline The Q

• Awards
« Reply #140 on: December 29, 2018, 06:42:32 PM »
Carriage 3 is almost complete,  just a third coat of paint,  then handle fitting and fitting the sockets for the feet.  One minor problem,  I've run out of 20mm screws,  I've used over 700 so far!!!  Another 500 ordered, though I only need about 100 for the above and fitting layout boards to the top with piano hinges.

Offline The Q

• Awards
« Reply #141 on: January 04, 2019, 10:57:13 PM »
Evening all,
I had planned to move boards 2 and 3 onto the carriages tonight,  but the club had decided to move another layout from one side of me to the other,  so my planned move became impractical.
So I got the grass gun out,  doing some small bits on board 1, around the footings of the viaduct on board 2, and the main hill area above the railway,  on board 3.

It's made a huge improvement in the looks of the hillside.
 I'm using a mix of 2/3 spring green grass and 1/3 a darker summer green grass.  With odd patches of one or the other to provide some variations.
I'll need to order some more spring green though, I've used 1/2 a Box. I also want to order one of those mini Hoover's,  to recover a lot of the loose green,  the club mini hoover is too dirty..

Offline The Q

• Awards
« Reply #142 on: January 11, 2019, 11:19:41 PM »
Well the planned move onto the second carriage was done. Reconnecting  the layout was difficult as I'm on top of a drain cover and the floor is very uneven.

Tonight I ballasted the singled branch line on board one and grassed some of the ex trackbed of the main line.

Then brown was added to the board 3 rock faces,  mostly along the edges where the peat and soil would stain the rocks.
After the tea break with reduced numbers at the busy club,  I painted the outside of the layout highland green to match the carriages.

Next week,  more ballasting,  more grassing,  and I'll see how the brown staining is when dry..

Please Support Us!
January Goal: £300.00
Due Date: Jan 31
Total Receipts: £305.00
Above Goal: £5.00
Site Currency: GBP
102% 
January Donations

Advertise Here
anything