!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Elvenhome  (Read 8530 times)

Online weave

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: Elvenhome
« Reply #135 on: December 18, 2019, 10:07:22 AM »
Hi again,

Thanks for the reply. Is yours the 4mm? I'm thinking of doing an SNCF sign at the front of my large station building, maybe even GARE MARITIME as well, they often have those free standing letters on larger French railway station fronts. Anyway, am probably boring you but I'm trying to decide on the letter height. Maybe 6mm but if you could let me know what yours are please I'll go back to that bit in the video and try and visualise it.

Thank you for any help.

Cheers weave  :beers:

Offline dannyboy

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25492
    • Awards
« Reply #136 on: December 18, 2019, 11:46:15 AM »
I used the 'Scale Model Scenery' letters on the very first picture I posted of the dairy in 'Averingcliffe'. Like most of the SMS stuff, thoroughly recommended.  :thumbsup:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with him.

Offline Elvenhome

• N Gauge Society Number: 25842
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #137 on: December 18, 2019, 12:57:39 PM »
Hi again,

Thanks for the reply. Is yours the 4mm? I'm thinking of doing an SNCF sign at the front of my large station building, maybe even GARE MARITIME as well, they often have those free standing letters on larger French railway station fronts. Anyway, am probably boring you but I'm trying to decide on the letter height. Maybe 6mm but if you could let me know what yours are please I'll go back to that bit in the video and try and visualise it.

Thank you for any help.

Hi Weave

I should have said that I used the 4mm ones on the Hotel (I used them also on the Fire Station).  I used the 6mm ones on the Chimney Stack for the Boiler House.  I've attached an image showing a comparison of the 4mm and 6mm against a 5p piece to help give you an idea of the size.

Regards

Steve

Online weave

• Awards
« Reply #138 on: December 18, 2019, 02:31:43 PM »
Hi Stephen,

Thank you for going to that trouble, it's what makes the NGF and you lovely people great  :thumbsup:

Offline Elvenhome

• Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #139 on: December 20, 2019, 11:58:01 AM »
As promised in the last video here is the Christmas update, which is largely trains running, including the newest member of the fleet bought from eBay.  I also talk about the net phase of work for the beginning of the the New Year.  Merry Christmas one and all

Offline Milton Rail

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25213
    • Awards
« Reply #140 on: December 20, 2019, 05:24:25 PM »
Hi Stephen, the hotel looks superb, great work and a great tutorial in how you achieved it, thanks so much for sharing it

Offline Elvenhome

• Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #141 on: December 21, 2019, 08:26:39 AM »
Hi Stephen, the hotel looks superb, great work and a great tutorial in how you achieved it, thanks so much for sharing it

Thanks very much.  I am pleased with it and i'm glad you enjoyed watching the build process.

Stephen

Online weave

• Awards
« Reply #142 on: December 21, 2019, 09:26:11 AM »
Hi Stephen,

Another nice video. What a bargain. The eBay Gods were smiling on you. I don't have much luck, lots of other bidders and then poor running if I win, must have been a bad boy in my past ;).

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you too and looking forward to seeing you 'back at school' in January.

Offline Elvenhome

• Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #143 on: December 21, 2019, 11:15:51 AM »
Hi Stephen,

Another nice video. What a bargain. The eBay Gods were smiling on you. I don't have much luck, lots of other bidders and then poor running if I win, must have been a bad boy in my past ;).

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you too and looking forward to seeing you 'back at school' in January.

Thanks Weave.  I was very surprised to get the 4F for only £52.  Even allowing it is second hand, I expected to go up to £70. The seller had very good feedback much of it recent.

I'm looking forward to building the school.  I've already built a mock-up to check proportions while waiting for bits to arrive.  It should be a much simpler build than the hotel.  The harder part will be getting the exterior details right.  Stephen

Offline chrispearce

• Awards
« Reply #144 on: December 22, 2019, 12:41:02 AM »
What a lovely layout. Thanks for the tour and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you Stephen!  :D
Some situations in life are like dairy cows. When you see 'em you just gotta milk 'em.

Offline Elvenhome

• Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #145 on: December 22, 2019, 12:14:38 PM »
What a lovely layout. Thanks for the tour and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you Stephen!  :D

Thanks very much Chris.  Stephen

Offline Elvenhome

• Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #146 on: January 10, 2020, 01:30:48 PM »
With a new year comes a new video. In this latest update I show the design for the. Church School which will be the elect scratch build.  I also came across a company on the Facebook page that made light bars to fit Dapol coaches.  Given that Dapolís supplier stopped supplying them, and I have four coaches I wanted to light to complete the rake, I bought some and fitted them.

Offline Elvenhome

• Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #147 on: January 24, 2020, 01:31:19 PM »
Lots of very helpful comments in reply to the last video about the church school. So much so that the architect was required to make some adaptations.  Ass I revealed in the video.  I also show the start of work on creating my own version of Steptoe and Sonís yard and creating the gradient up to the coal tower

Offline Elvenhome

• Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #148 on: February 07, 2020, 02:44:39 PM »
Now the the design for the Church School has been finalised I have been able to start work on building it.  The vide shows the various sections I have cut out to make the school.  I also have started work around the area of the Coal Stage, and in particular looked to use Woodland Scenic Shaper Sheet and Plaster to construct my incline.

Please Support Us!
February Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Feb 29
Total Receipts: £65.00
Above Goal: £5.00
Site Currency: GBP
108% 
February Donations

Advertise Here
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal