!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: West Porthsea  (Read 16818 times)

Offline port perran

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: West Porthsea
« Reply #330 on: September 17, 2020, 07:19:12 PM »
Hi Derek (and Chris)

Iím sure that at least some of those containers will be heading over the Chanel from West Porthsea.
Maybe the sailing is later this evening as the same train was seen heading westwards at Trepol Bay and towards West Porthsea at about 4-00pm this afternoon.

It seems that the Brush Class 47 took over the train at Drump Road sidings Redruth.

Iíll get round to fixing it drekkly me Ďansome.

Online cornish yorkie

• YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #331 on: September 17, 2020, 09:27:55 PM »
 :hellosign:
    Another excellent photo Martin thank you, Chris I reckon we can have the container ship sailing on high tide, about 2100 with first call Port Regulen then en route south to Spain, although always open to ideas or suggestions.
        stay safe regards Derek.
ONLY ONE RULE ENJOY

Offline Train Waiting

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • The Table-Top Railway.
    • Awards
« Reply #332 on: September 18, 2020, 09:27:35 AM »

Still no sign of the ordered kits making an appearance so indulging in my favourite part of the hobby playing trains.

Thank you for these super photographs Derek (and Martin).

I really like trying to make things things, but, like you, my favourite part of the hobby is playing trains.  I've never been drawn to any other modelling hobby, apart from the usual Airfix kits when I was very young.

I look forward to more photographs!

All best wishes.

John
'Why does the Disney Castle work so well?  Because it borrows from reality without ever slipping into it.'

(Acknowledgement: John Goodall Esq, Architectural Editor, 'Country Life'.)

The Table-Top Railway is an attempt to create, in British 'N' gauge,  a 'semi-scenic' railway in the old-fashioned style, reminiscent of the layouts of the 1930s to the 1950s.

For the made-up background to the railway and list of characters, please see here: https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=38281.msg607991#msg607991

Online cornish yorkie

• YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #333 on: September 18, 2020, 03:11:11 PM »
 :hellosign:
   Many thanks John, yes I too enjoy building the kits, but I know my limitations & Mrs CY has a much steadier hand than me.
   stay safe regards Derek
ONLY ONE RULE ENJOY

Offline weave

• Awards
« Reply #334 on: September 18, 2020, 09:18:05 PM »
Jaqu Gwiad, local schoolboy and trainspotter, had been told that there might be some unusual containers arriving on Friday morning from West Porthsea. Unfortunately he had to go to school but after getting home he was delighted to hear that the train had been delayed in Customs and was still awaiting departure.

He rushed down to the station with his camera to hopefully get some more pics for his album. At first he was a bit disappointed when the BB 63000 station pilot first appeared with it's usual rake of SNCF wagons....

20200918_190114 by Christopher Weaver, on Flickr

...but then he saw behind the dreary brown British Rail train ferry wagons some colourful containers (please ignore the Talgo coaches in the background, had to move them and forgot they were there  :doh:)....

20200918_191446 by Christopher Weaver, on Flickr

20200918_190244 by Christopher Weaver, on Flickr

He had seen the apple green container containing Sam's cider the day before and was told it would be heading for the Brittany - Cornwall folk festival in Lorient, Western Brittany (later, in 1971, to become the Festival Interceltique de Lorient which was still going strong in 2019 according to Dr. Who).

Jaqu had to look hard for the lettering on the new containers but the satin orange one was from the North Cornwall Pasty Company and the light blue one was from Castle Estates. He didn't know what the Castle Estates container was for, possibly hired kitchen equipment, but he knew what a pasty was as they are sold in some of the local bars. Very nice too, he thought, and so after watching the SNCF A1A A1A 68000 depart westwards, he rushed back home for his tea, a happy boy.....

20200918_191041 by Christopher Weaver, on Flickr

Hi Derek. Sorry for the larger than I thought hijack, just thought it carried on better here. Hope you don't mind.

Cheers, Chris (weave)  :beers:

PS. Think I'm missing some other containers but am sure they'll turn up  :worried:.

« Last Edit: September 18, 2020, 09:22:59 PM by weave »

Online cornish yorkie

• YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #335 on: September 18, 2020, 10:32:10 PM »
 :hellosign:  :greatpicturessign:
  No apology needed Chris, a superb continuation of the containers journey.
       The more I see of those French locos the more I want at least one
           stay safe regards Derek
ONLY ONE RULE ENJOY

Please Support Us!
September Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Total Receipts: £71.00
Above Goal: £11.00
Site Currency: GBP
118% 
September Donations

anything