!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Wrenton  (Read 127152 times)

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
Re: Wrenton
« Reply #600 on: February 27, 2018, 12:54:56 PM »
I tend to throw anything into a parcels rake, as witnessed in this Southampton to Oxford working slowing for a signal.....

https://www.dropbox.com/s/79rs4ls0e5vlm4i/Farish%2033%20on%20parcels%20with%20Warship%20on%20coal%20freight.MOV?dl=0

Offline rogerdB

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 27380
    • Awards
« Reply #601 on: February 27, 2018, 01:21:05 PM »
I tend to throw anything into a parcels rake, as witnessed in this Southampton to Oxford working slowing for a signal.....

Certainly a good mix there! I suppose I ought to be thinking about shooting some video...

Offline Chris in Prague

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 24400
    • Awards
« Reply #602 on: February 27, 2018, 04:04:57 PM »

https://www.dropbox.com/s/79rs4ls0e5vlm4i/Farish%2033%20on%20parcels%20with%20Warship%20on%20coal%20freight.MOV?dl=0

A very good mix of types, Nobby, and quite realistic apart from the SR parcels stock still in Southern Railways livery as opposed to BR SR Green.

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
    • Awards
« Reply #603 on: February 27, 2018, 04:10:23 PM »

A very good mix of types, Nobby, and quite realistic apart from the SR parcels stock still in Southern Railways livery as opposed to BR SR Green.

Thanks, Chris. I tend to believe all manner and age of vehicles were pressed into parcels service, hence the weathered LMS 50ft full brake at the front of the train too.

Online GScaleBruce

• Hillhead & Dales Light Railway blog
    • Awards
« Reply #604 on: February 27, 2018, 04:14:08 PM »
Not sure if CCTs and the Mk1 full brake bringing up the rear would be a feasible formation in real life?
You need a BG in there somewhere so that the guard has somewhere to ride. I'm not sure what accommodation the horse box provides, but neither of the CCTs would have guard's accommodation. As they all have continuous vacuum brakes, the order is not especially important.
Bruce
My layout - Steinheim am Main

Offline rogerdB

• Awards
« Reply #605 on: February 27, 2018, 04:22:48 PM »
Not sure if CCTs and the Mk1 full brake bringing up the rear would be a feasible formation in real life?
You need a BG in there somewhere so that the guard has somewhere to ride.

Isn't that the full brake bringing up the rear? - only the roof is visible in the photo as I wanted to show the CCTs and Horse Box.

Offline Chris in Prague

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 24400
    • Awards
« Reply #606 on: February 27, 2018, 04:45:30 PM »
The SR also had PMVs and Bogie B's in which the guard could ride (both available in N Gauge), which is why BR SR got BR Standard BGs comparatively late.

The weathered LMS 50ft full brake at the front of the train is in BR Crimson livery, Nobby, so is fine. (I have one, too.)

Online GScaleBruce

• Hillhead & Dales Light Railway blog
    • Awards
« Reply #607 on: February 27, 2018, 05:05:24 PM »
You need a BG in there somewhere so that the guard has somewhere to ride.
Isn't that the full brake bringing up the rear? - only the roof is visible in the photo as I wanted to show the CCTs and Horse Box.
You asked whether it was a feasible formation, and I confirmed that it wasn't only feasible but indeed essential.
Bruce
My layout - Steinheim am Main

Offline rogerdB

• Awards
« Reply #608 on: February 27, 2018, 05:47:21 PM »
I found an old and very basic tripod pan/tilt head and have fixed it to a crude device which sits on the top of the back scene. Two bits of strip wood are held together by a couple of small pieces of ply. The wood which is in contact with the front of the back scene has a piece of felt glued to it to prevent damaging the painted sky.

It will allow some new camera angles which would otherwise be difficult to achieve. Here's a sample:

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
    • Awards
« Reply #609 on: February 27, 2018, 09:01:23 PM »
Heath Robinson would be proud, Roger but, hey, it works :)
Now........does your camera have a video function? ;)

Offline Bealman

• N Gauge Society Number: 23151
  • Promotion remains in the future
    • Awards
« Reply #610 on: February 27, 2018, 09:19:30 PM »
Ingenious, and yet another great picture!  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Offline rogerdB

• Awards
« Reply #611 on: February 27, 2018, 09:22:53 PM »
Now........does your camera have a video function? ;)

It does, but I'd like to make a proper presentation with lots of editing. My broadcasting background, though not in TV, would make anything less unacceptable to me! I haven't got any video editing software at present so 'Wrenton, The Movie' will have to wait for a while.

Online w greatbatch

• N Gauge Society Number: 14199
    • Awards
« Reply #612 on: February 27, 2018, 10:40:23 PM »
Wrenton the Movie......I'll look forward to that !

Offline Innovationgame

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 26531
    • The innovationgame
    • Awards
« Reply #613 on: February 28, 2018, 06:28:05 AM »
It does, but I'd like to make a proper presentation with lots of editing. My broadcasting background, though not in TV, would make anything less unacceptable to me! I haven't got any video editing software at present so 'Wrenton, The Movie' will have to wait for a while.
I Use Wondershare Filmora.  It's cheap and effective and I haven't used half of its capability yet.  It's available to download.
With kind regards
Laurence
My personal website is a bit of a mish mash: www.innovationgame.com
Coventry Corporation Transport Society: www.cct-society.org.uk
Hessle: www.hessle.org.uk

Offline rogerdB

• Awards
« Reply #614 on: February 28, 2018, 08:14:22 PM »
I Use Wondershare Filmora.  It's cheap and effective and I haven't used half of its capability yet.  It's available to download.

Thanks for the suggestion, Laurence. I found a demo on YouTube and it looks pretty good and probably not too difficult to learn. I hope the Chinese authors havenít planted any nasties in the codeÖ

Iíve used Premiere Elements in the past, mainly because it came pre-loaded on a previous rather expensive Sony laptop. I donít know how similar the current version is but if itís not too different it might be a less steep learning curve than starting with a new program. As my current computer is getting unreliable a new machine might have to come before any editing software. So Wrenton, the Movie might take as long as a Hollywood epic!

Please Support Us!
December Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Dec 31
Total Receipts: £15.00
Below Goal: £45.00
Site Currency: GBP
25% 
December Donations

Advertise Here