New Server: Thank you for your patience. We moved to our new server. Everything should be back to normal EXCEPT for the Gallery. We will have that restored shortly and will make an announcement. If you see something that is not working please report it here: Server Upgrade.

!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Wrenton  (Read 64011 times)

Offline Chris in Prague

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 24400
    • Awards
Re: Wrenton
« Reply #1260 on: November 14, 2018, 07:55:18 PM »
Superb modelling and great photos.

Offline rogerdB

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 27380
    • Awards
« Reply #1261 on: November 15, 2018, 09:10:01 PM »
Have managed to do the final (?) fiddly bits on the new station building, though I did make a mistake setting the position of the lamp - rather too high! Unfortunately I've superglued it in so I don't think it'll be coming out soon.

The direction signs are back in place, an extra notice board is on the inner wall of the extension, the chimney pot has arrived, there are a few streaks of muck on the roof and I've sat the building a bit deeper into the temporary base.

Offline Bealman

• N Gauge Society Number: 23151
  • Whoops back we go
    • Awards
« Reply #1262 on: November 15, 2018, 09:17:05 PM »
Fantastic work, as usual, Roger.  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Offline Drakken

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Building Llanrumney
    • Awards
« Reply #1263 on: November 15, 2018, 10:55:49 PM »
All I can say is WOW stunning :beers:

Offline rogerdB

• Awards
« Reply #1264 on: November 16, 2018, 09:55:02 PM »
Steve Flint sent me some trackside advertising posters but I can't help but feel that they're a bit over-scale...

Offline Bealman

• Whoops back we go
    • Awards
« Reply #1265 on: November 16, 2018, 10:49:49 PM »
 :laughabovepost: :laughabovepost:

Offline rogerdB

• Awards
« Reply #1266 on: November 18, 2018, 09:24:16 PM »
As it's Sunday here's a picture of part of Wrenton's church yard. No doubt the congregation were pleased to see a window of the Red Lion peeking through the Guildhall archway as they left church.

Offline Delboy

• Awards
« Reply #1267 on: November 19, 2018, 03:39:58 PM »
Congratulations Roger.
I just read your article in the Railway Modeller. No wonder they used your photos to compliment the layout description. They really do stand out when compared to the rest of the layout photos in the magazine. There is a marked difference that cannot be ignored. I notice they are going to show some of your superb modelling techniques in their April 2019 issue.
Well done again.
She who must be obeyed says I am spending too much time on this forum. I love her dearly but what does she know?

Offline lil chris

• N Gauge Society Number: 23889
    • Awards
« Reply #1268 on: November 19, 2018, 07:41:54 PM »
Hi Roger, I also managed to buy a copy of the magazine and really enjoyed the article on your railway. I also am looking forward to seeing your forthcoming article on your buildings, I will buy that mag too. Love the station building it looks superb.
Lil Chris
My layout here East Lancashire Lines
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29492.0

Offline rogerdB

• Awards
« Reply #1269 on: November 19, 2018, 10:20:08 PM »
Thanks Dennis and Chris. I have enjoyed seeing the pictures having only ever viewed them on the computer screen. I've mentioned before that I must get some printed, still haven't got around to doing it!

The upcoming article is based on the Cottage for Wrenton thread, link below, so it won't hold any surprises. I think the next NGS Journal has a piece about the point rodding.

Offline Bealman

• Whoops back we go
    • Awards
« Reply #1270 on: November 21, 2018, 12:52:47 AM »
Look what landed at Chez Bealman this morning!  :thumbsup:

Well done, Roger. It's great the way it says "Modelling, words and photography by Roger Beckworth."  :thumbsup:

Bit of a shame the free gift is the other scale. Still, I reckon it can be cut up and the bits put to other use in N.

Also sad to read in the same issue of the passing of Allan Downes. I still have most of his seventies articles, and he was a great inspiration to me back then. I still use many of his techniques.

Looking forward to your next articles in both RM and the NGSJ.  :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 12:54:36 AM by Bealman »

Offline rogerdB

• Awards
« Reply #1271 on: November 21, 2018, 11:34:15 AM »

Well done, Roger. It's great the way it says "Modelling, words and photography by Roger Beckworth."  :thumbsup:

Bit of a shame the free gift is the other scale. Still, I reckon it can be cut up and the bits put to other use in N.

Also sad to read in the same issue of the passing of Allan Downes. I still have most of his seventies articles, and he was a great inspiration to me back then. I still use many of his techniques.

Thanks George, that does look familiar. Shame we never get N gauge freebies on the mags...

I think I missed out on the period when Allan was being published but for those who don't know his superb modelling Google will come up with some sites. I like a thread he started with the equally brilliant Iain Robinson "Anything You Can do, I Can Do Better !" on a certain other forum. https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/70935-anything-you-can-do-i-can-do-better-robinson-and-downes/. It's a very long thread but well worth taking a look.

Offline Delboy

• Awards
« Reply #1272 on: November 21, 2018, 07:01:40 PM »

Thanks George, that does look familiar. Shame we never get N gauge freebies on the mags...

I think I missed out on the period when Allan was being published but for those who don't know his superb modelling Google will come up with some sites. I like a thread he started with the equally brilliant Iain Robinson "Anything You Can do, I Can Do Better !" on a certain other forum. https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/70935-anything-you-can-do-i-can-do-better-robinson-and-downes/. It's a very long thread but well worth taking a look.
Hi Roger,
Just had a look at your referenced thread of Messers Downes and Robinson. Now I know where you got your inspiration from. WOW! Incredible modelling.
She who must be obeyed says I am spending too much time on this forum. I love her dearly but what does she know?

Offline rogerdB

• Awards
« Reply #1273 on: November 21, 2018, 10:04:33 PM »
Just had a look at your referenced thread of Messers Downes and Robinson. Now I know where you got your inspiration from. WOW! Incredible modelling.

I only found Allan's work when most of Wrenton's buildings were done, but it's certainly inspiring! Almost makes me want to try one of those larger scales - or is that sacrilege around here?!

Offline Bealman

• Whoops back we go
    • Awards
« Reply #1274 on: November 21, 2018, 10:09:06 PM »
You might get away with 009  :D

Please Support Us!
December Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Dec 31