!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Standing Desk Frames for Layout Baseboard Stands?  (Read 153 times)

Offline chrispix

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Standing Desk Frames for Layout Baseboard Stands?
« on: May 15, 2019, 03:17:02 PM »
I just finished building my baseboard stands a month or so ago, but just saw an advertisement for Adjustable Height Standing Desk Frames (electric raise/lower - 350lbs of lifting force etc).. While it cost more than my wood base, this would have been an amazing option for me I think to use for my layout.

Had I to re-do it, I could lower the layout to sit & work, or raise high to get under/view the display..

Link to the company that offers the stands w/out the tops.. If anyone is interested. https://www.upliftdesk.com/adjustable-height-frames/

Offline njee20

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 22598
    • Awards
Re: Standing Desk Frames for Layout Baseboard Stands?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2019, 03:35:04 PM »
Is that something you'd really want to do regularly? I get having boards you can turn over to work on (as I don't have them and have to crawl around underneath), but that seems like a lot of hassle, I'd worry about tiny movements which wouldn't matter if it was used as a desk, but could cause misalignment between boards on a railway.

Offline chrispix

• Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2019, 04:45:06 PM »
Is that something you'd really want to do regularly? I get having boards you can turn over to work on (as I don't have them and have to crawl around underneath), but that seems like a lot of hassle, I'd worry about tiny movements which wouldn't matter if it was used as a desk, but could cause misalignment between boards on a railway.

That is a very good point.. If you had to have multiple tables this would not be a solution, as I am sure the tolerances of moving multiple desks at same time is pretty much impossible.. But.. If you only need a single baseboard stand might not be a horrible solution. It would be similar to raising it on a pulley system to the ceiling, but then again, that works already and is a lot less expensive.

Online ntpntpntp

• Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2019, 08:52:47 AM »
A Layoutevator  :D  :D
Nick.   2016 celebrating the 20th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!

Offline cjdodd

• Owner of Colworth Hill and Billybrook Yard
    • Ebay
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2019, 12:50:27 PM »
We have some of these at work, different company to the ones here, but the ones we have you can chain together and they move in unison.

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £55.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £55.00
Below Goal: £0.00
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
May Donations

Advertise Here
anything