New Server: Thank you for your patience. We moved to our new server. Everything should be back to normal EXCEPT for the Gallery. We will have that restored shortly and will make an announcement. If you see something that is not working please report it here: Server Upgrade.

!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Cemaes Bay  (Read 4866 times)

Offline Rowlie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 20349
  • 2mm Association Number: 4846
    • Awards
Re: Cemaes Bay
« Reply #60 on: May 29, 2018, 07:51:49 AM »
Thank you Laurence, much appreciated

Offline Train Waiting

• The Table-Top Railway.
    • Awards
« Reply #61 on: May 29, 2018, 08:02:14 AM »
Great progress!

This is a super layout.

John
'Why does the Disney Castle work so well?  Because it borrows from reality without ever slipping into it.'

(Acknowledgement: John Goodall Esq, Architectural Editor, 'Country Life'.)

The Table-Top Railway is a train set trying and failing to be a model railway.

I believe that train sets and model railways are fun.

Offline Caz

• N Gauge Society Number: 23044
  • Fairford Branch ticket 1958
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #62 on: May 29, 2018, 08:18:16 PM »
A little more progress on the layout has been made, all the electrics have been been completed and the underside of the station board looks very different than before.

Mine started out like that, I now too ashamed to post a pic of the current wiring mess.   :-[   ::)

Offline Rowlie

• Awards
« Reply #63 on: May 29, 2018, 11:05:22 PM »
Hi John thanks for your encouragement, and Iím sure Caz itís not as bad as you make out, I think we all feel things are worse than they actually are.

Offline Caz

• N Gauge Society Number: 23044
  • Fairford Branch ticket 1958
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #64 on: May 30, 2018, 09:52:16 PM »
Iím sure Caz itís not as bad as you make out, I think we all feel things are worse than they actually are.

Nice try, you almost got me to post the evidence to how bad it is but I resisted at the last moment.   ;)   :sweat:

Offline Rowlie

• Awards
« Reply #65 on: June 03, 2018, 10:36:16 PM »
Hi Caz, a lucky escape then! 
Well the electrics were left alone today, and work centered on the goods yard.  Removed the last of the plaster that was the original and unsuccessful idea for the yard area.  The Timber edging to the tracks has been fixed and the Goods Shed floored (not so sure this would be prototypical) for a better working environment. Clearance was checked and the rolling stock ran through the goods shed area with no issues.  The picture indicates the plastic bending up by the goods shed, however it didn't foul the couplings.  I will make up the ground with ash fill so it shouldn't look too bad (hopefully  :hmmm:)

Also tried was the uncoupling on the platform line, the magnets were fitted a while back, but only got round to fitting the Dapol uncouplers today.  Well it works okay pushing by hand, let's see if the same result occurs under power.  Checking the platform for clearance, it has been decided to scrap the existing one and build the new one in-situ.

Offline Rowlie

• Awards
« Reply #66 on: Yesterday at 09:56:45 PM »
Well this layout is definitely in the stop start category, I hadnít expected it to go into its fourth year without the main board being more or less finished.  However, I did seem to lose a bit of enthusiasm for model railways in the middle of the year, however hopefully it is back having adopted the 15 minute per day approach I read on a Rapido blog and seeing what the teams in the great model railway challenge could do in a few hours.  I know that programme wasnít to everyoneís taste, however it seemed to have a far few followers at the place I work who arenít railway modellers.  Apart from the usual domestic distractions, a fair bit of my time in the last year or so has been taken up with assignments for a post graduate diploma I am taking in connection with the sort of work I do.  Anyway it is now on the home straight with only two assignments and a viva left. Enough about me, well the recent activity on the Cemaes has been finishing off the station building, new roof required as I stored the original in a very safe place (díoh).  Finishing the goods shed, building the coal merchants office (from the Ratio kit), the brickworks office at the works entrance (using the Kestral level crossing building).  Competing against this have been trying to paint the mini mes (Courtesy of Modelu) and taking inspiration from some absolutely fantastic railway modelling on this forum.  I will post some pictures of the buildings at some point in the near future.  Thanks for reading.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 09:58:36 PM by Rowlie, Reason: Typos corrected »

Online Bealman

• N Gauge Society Number: 23151
  • Whoops back we go
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: Yesterday at 11:26:45 PM »
Having retasked a Kestrel level crossing house myself, I'm looking forward to the pics.  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Please Support Us!
December Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Dec 31
Total Receipts: £120.00
Above Goal: £65.00
Site Currency: GBP
218% 
December Donations

Advertise Here