!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Cobb & Cherokee Railroad  (Read 25158 times)

Offline Mito

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: Cobb & Cherokee Railroad
« Reply #135 on: November 19, 2016, 08:56:46 PM »
It says "playback has been disabled on other websites by the owner"
You know you're getting older when your mind makes commitments your body can't meet.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=24101.0 Off on a journey

Online port perran

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #136 on: November 19, 2016, 09:49:48 PM »
Works fine on my iPad.
Thanks for the update Ross
If it looks right then it most probably is right.

Offline ptopo

• Awards
« Reply #137 on: November 20, 2016, 05:10:38 PM »
Shaping up well Ross thanks for posting.

IPA is very handy for track cleaning and getting paint off rails if one leaves it to dry a bit too much. It's also very very good at smashing down the surface tension of water so it's great for use in spraying ballast when wetting before using water/PVA mix.

Some chaps use IPA/water/PVA for gluing the ballast too as again the surface tension is lower; on a technical level it should dry quicker as well as a water/IPA mix has a lower boiling point, and it think vapour pressure, than either component alone.

The only problem is that it does evaporate quite quickly... and burns rather impressively.

Offline Mito

• Awards
« Reply #138 on: November 20, 2016, 05:38:37 PM »
Can see it now. A great video with some interesting ideas. It has given me food for thought.
You know you're getting older when your mind makes commitments your body can't meet.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=24101.0 Off on a journey

Offline ptopo

• Awards
« Reply #139 on: November 21, 2016, 05:54:24 PM »
Another thing on IPA - it will shift acrylic paint pretty easily so be careful if you've painted your sleepers with it.

Offline RossE

• Awards
« Reply #140 on: November 21, 2016, 05:57:32 PM »
Shaping up well Ross thanks for posting.

IPA is very handy for track cleaning and getting paint off rails if one leaves it to dry a bit too much. It's also very very good at smashing down the surface tension of water so it's great for use in spraying ballast when wetting before using water/PVA mix.

Some chaps use IPA/water/PVA for gluing the ballast too as again the surface tension is lower; on a technical level it should dry quicker as well as a water/IPA mix has a lower boiling point, and it think vapour pressure, than either component alone.

The only problem is that it does evaporate quite quickly... and burns rather impressively.

Very nice tips. Many thanks for this.
I may have to try the ballast method next time I lay some track.
Ross

Offline BRCW26010

• Awards
« Reply #141 on: November 26, 2016, 02:17:28 PM »
Hi. Have just read your thread and enjoyed it thoroughly. Lots of great ideas. Love the tweaks on t-track. Also enjoyed your soundtracks to the videos, you have a knack for atmosphere, as indeed does the layout itself :thumbsup:
Just one small point; the purple letters on your YouTube posts are nearly unreadable which is a shame given that the info provided will have been very interesting. Anyway, that aside, I look forward to the next installment. Cheers.
'The man who never made a mistake never made anything.' My life! I must be the most productive person on the planet!!

Offline RossE

• Awards
« Reply #142 on: November 26, 2016, 04:21:37 PM »
Hi. Have just read your thread and enjoyed it thoroughly. Lots of great ideas. Love the tweaks on t-track. Also enjoyed your soundtracks to the videos, you have a knack for atmosphere, as indeed does the layout itself :thumbsup:
Just one small point; the purple letters on your YouTube posts are nearly unreadable which is a shame given that the info provided will have been very interesting. Anyway, that aside, I look forward to the next installment. Cheers.

Hi there.
Glad you're enjoying the thread.
Many thanks for the heads up with the purple text. I really appreciate that. It's been noted and I'll change it on future uploads. Thanks once again.
Ross

Offline BRCW26010

• Awards
« Reply #143 on: July 12, 2017, 09:48:43 AM »
Hi Ross🛤 It has all gone very quiet... Still looking forward to more👍🙂
'The man who never made a mistake never made anything.' My life! I must be the most productive person on the planet!!

Please Support Us!
June Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: £52.00
Below Goal: £48.00
Site Currency: GBP
52% 
June Donations

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal