!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Upgrading Forum  (Read 2916 times)

Offline Papyrus

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 3333
    • Awards
Re: Upgrading Forum
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2017, 05:57:23 PM »
Interesting, especially as my browser has been telling me for the last 2 days the forum is not secure as far as passwords etc go. Then again, nobody else likes the browser I use.

The website doesn't use https which is a problem when people are logging in as it means the passwords are much easier to see than if it was using a secure connection. As long as your password is unique to the forum though, there isn't much [malicious] people can do with it!

I've just logged in for the first time for a few days and got the same message as NN. Looks like I'm going to have to change my password. Oh....bother.... Another one to remember.  >:( >:(

Chris
"What after all, is a halo? It's only one more thing to keep clean." Christopher Fry - The Lady's Not for Burning

Offline Only Me

• Western Destroyer
  • NGF Technician
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23206
  • Loco Repairs - Direct message me
    • Northants & Cambs Area Group of the NGS
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2017, 06:18:02 PM »
Moderator Comment All passwords are hashed by an encryption algorithm as they are set by the user then written to the database....neither I nor Tank (or anyone else) can see what your password is. Rest assured i guarantee this.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 06:20:06 PM by Tank »

Offline Tank

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+30)
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2017, 06:19:31 PM »
The new version of the forum will help us achieve https.  However, the forum is perfectly safe as it is.

Offline mickster04

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 26540
  • The sing of the rails, music to my ears
    • Ebay
    • Facebook
    • Google+
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Links to mikes online presense
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2017, 04:26:53 AM »
However, the forum is perfectly safe as it is.

Yeah, I didn't intend to imply that the forum was insecure, so apologies if anyone understood that from what I wrote.

I was talking more about the connection between you and the forum, for example. using a public, unsecured wifi. That said, HTTPS would secure that connection for the website that uses HTTPS too, so I for one am glad there is that feature on the horizon! thanks Tank et al!

Offline Byegad

• Account Suspended
  • Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2017, 02:55:01 PM »
All sounds good, I like the idea of https, especially in today's climate of internet threat.

Please Support Us!
November Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Nov 30
Total Receipts: £94.50
Above Goal: £34.50
Site Currency: GBP
158% 
November Donations

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal