!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: TREMIERTEN - A Cornish Branch Line  (Read 21710 times)

Offline Hailstone

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 17138
    • Awards
Re: TREMIERTEN - A Cornish Branch Line
« Reply #90 on: April 24, 2017, 11:49:14 AM »
Here is a picture taken at the show

Regards,

Alex

Offline Leon

• N Gauge Society Number: 27933
    • Ebay
    • Awards
« Reply #91 on: November 02, 2018, 02:17:46 AM »
Here is a picture taken at the show

Regards,

Alex

Alex, did you retire this layout after the show? I enjoyed reading the thread. I'm sure I learned something, but most of the discussions were beyond where I am (and maybe where I'm going!).

Leon
"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." - Maya Angelou

"A well-read man is defined not for how much he's read but by what he's read!" - an old man

Offline Hailstone

• Awards
« Reply #92 on: November 02, 2018, 11:08:38 AM »
No Leon, Tremierten has at least one show to go to next year, I don't do that many as I have commitments with full size steam as well

Regards,

Alex

Offline Leon

• N Gauge Society Number: 27933
    • Ebay
    • Awards
« Reply #93 on: November 20, 2018, 07:30:59 PM »
No Leon, Tremierten has at least one show to go to next year, I don't do that many as I have commitments with full size steam as well

Alex, sorry for not responding in a more timely manner. I'm glad you've not retired the layout, and I'll be looking back from time to time for inspiration. I'm getting close to modelling some of my buildings. If only I'd stop changing my track plan! I thought that when I glued it down I'd be finished, but glue hasn't been enough!  :D  If I don't run into problems when I next run my trains I am finished - this time. With every change I've seen improvement, but life is too short to dwell too long on one aspect.

Leon
"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." - Maya Angelou

"A well-read man is defined not for how much he's read but by what he's read!" - an old man

Offline Black Sheep

• Awards
« Reply #94 on: April 14, 2020, 04:21:02 PM »
This is a lovely little layout,

Did you get far with making NEM fitted stock work for remote uncoupling?

Offline Hailstone

• Awards
« Reply #95 on: April 14, 2020, 07:22:21 PM »
This is a lovely little layout,

Did you get far with making NEM fitted stock work for remote uncoupling?

the system I use will work with all of the various incarnations of the Arnold style coupling with one exception, namely the early Graham Farish couplings with the awful plastic loop - I do not have many of these, and they are banned from Tremierten!. one other tip, I found that on some wagons, specifically the latest GW toad brake van the scale coupling hook gets in the way of the upward travel of the Arnold coupling and I have had to reluctantly remove them. coaches require some fiddling with too, which means a little judicious filing on the head and sometimes the shank of the coupling in order that they lift far enough to clear the loco couplings which are left unmodified as they generally will not lift sufficiently anyway.

Hope this helps,

Alex
« Last Edit: April 14, 2020, 07:30:59 PM by Hailstone »

Please Support Us!
September Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Total Receipts: £71.00
Above Goal: £11.00
Site Currency: GBP
118% 
September Donations

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal