!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: My new locomotive works...  (Read 36671 times)

Online Atso

• Advertiser
  • Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: My new locomotive works...
« Reply #195 on: August 27, 2017, 10:01:54 PM »
:greatpicturessign:
'Yorkshire' sure is pretty. :thumbsup: As a Lancastrian by birth, I have to make clear I'm referring to the loco! :D

Thank you  :) duly noted that you are referring to the loco and not the county - although as I'm from Hertfordshire myself, I think the county of Yorkshire is really quite pretty too  :)

'Yorkshire' is a real Bobby Dazzler.

The proportions are spot on - difficult to achieve in N for a 4-4-0.

The detailing is just right too.

You have surpassed yourself with this one Steve.

Thanks very much Joe, it's been quite a hard slog with Yorkshire and the running isn't where I'd like it to be yet (although eight coaches are well within its haulage capabilities) but I'm very happy with how this has turned out as I've struggled with getting an result compatible with rtr in apple green. I think I'll have to redo 3279 (my Atlantic) again sometime in the future to try and bring it up to be a bit more like Yorkshire...

The D49 is just a smidge over length to fit the Schools chassis although we're talking around 1mm here - the two locos should be almost exactly the same length so I assume that Dapol stretched the Schools slightly to make room for the rear driving wheel as it is really quite tight around that area. I've still have to glaze both locos, as Tony was quick to point out to me, and I'm looking to give crystal Clear at try in the future at his suggestion.

Offline PLD

• Hull Miniature Railway Society
    • Awards
« Reply #196 on: August 27, 2017, 11:03:04 PM »
It was also good to meet PDL and have a chat - always great to meet other forum members and put faces (and names!) to profiles!
Close  ;) but also good to meet you Steve; and to see the loco named for 'Gods Own County' and the K3 performing on NoEL.
Tony's photos are good, but they really are better in the flesh...

I have no idea who the person in the picture above is, only that she'd been standing there for almost ten minutes!
I do believe they are specially trained and employed by all the best museums and galleries for the sole purpose of getting in the way of the perfect photo...

Online Atso

• Advertiser
    • Awards
« Reply #197 on: August 27, 2017, 11:22:47 PM »
Sorry, transposed the letters!!!  :-[ :doh: :sorrysign:

Thanks for your kind words. Personally, I'm relieved that Tony's camera and ten million zillion watt flash bulb have been quite kind to the locos.

People that are employed to get in the way in museums and galleries!??? Where do I sign up? Finally a job that a might both enjoy and be good at!!  :smiley-laughing:

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+63)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #198 on: August 28, 2017, 09:25:42 AM »
Personally, I'm relieved that Tony's camera and ten million zillion watt flash bulb have been quite kind to the locos.

I've told you a gazillion times not to exaggerate :telloff: ;)

Online Atso

• Advertiser
    • Awards
« Reply #199 on: August 28, 2017, 10:14:29 AM »
Personally, I'm relieved that Tony's camera and ten million zillion watt flash bulb have been quite kind to the locos.

I've told you a gazillion times not to exaggerate :telloff: ;)
:smiley-laughing:

Online Atso

• Advertiser
    • Awards
« Reply #200 on: September 08, 2017, 06:26:29 PM »
Another locomotive almost ready to enter service today. I just need to sort out why the body is sitting a little high and then hopefully it is off to a new home tomorrow (actually I want to keep it!). I hope that it's new owner likes it...

Sorry for the not so great lighting conditions - it is chucking it down over here!

Online Roy L S

• Awards
« Reply #201 on: September 08, 2017, 07:36:55 PM »
Hi Steve

That looks spot on and would be just the job for a long fitted freight!

It was apparently said that in N there would be no Market for a RTR K3. Given the quality of this model I'd beg to differ!

Roy

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+63)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #202 on: September 08, 2017, 09:08:22 PM »
Very nice work indeed, Steve :admiration:

Offline paulprice

• Awards
« Reply #203 on: September 08, 2017, 09:34:57 PM »
Another locomotive almost ready to enter service today. I just need to sort out why the body is sitting a little high and then hopefully it is off to a new home tomorrow (actually I want to keep it!). I hope that it's new owner likes it...

Sorry for the not so great lighting conditions - it is chucking it down over here!

Steve well done now stop messing about with NE machines and build some proper locomotives

Online Atso

• Advertiser
    • Awards
« Reply #204 on: September 08, 2017, 11:24:30 PM »
Thanks guys!  :-[

Mr Price, these are proper locomotives!!!!  :censored: :veryangry: :censored:

However, I do have a set of transfers for one of the lesser railway companies. Their initials started out well with the correct first letter but then it went down hill rapidly as they got the others wrong as well as the font! To cap it all off they cut the last letter off completely resulting in a cost saving by only having three letters - what cheapskates!!! Oh well, I've got the transfers now so I guess eventually I should use them on some locomotives not worthy enough to carry the initials 'LNER'!!!  :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing:

Online Atso

• Advertiser
    • Awards
« Reply #205 on: September 09, 2017, 06:37:55 PM »
61879 is now with its new owner who seems very pleased with it. Before it left I did manage to take a slightly better picture...

Online Atso

• Advertiser
    • Awards
« Reply #206 on: September 12, 2017, 08:52:03 AM »
By way of proof to Mr Price that I don't just model the LNER (or British prototypes for that matter!) I thought I would share this now that I allowed to.

This is the CAD work for an American Pennsylvanian Railroad E6 Atlantic loco body. This is my contribution to a project being undertaken by N-Stars (who made my J50 chassis a few years back and can be found on Facebook) to produce some of these very interesting locomotives. The model, while shown assembled here, is actually several parts. Although I have taken pictures of the physical model, they are on my iPad which is currently ten miles from my present location - I'll upload some pictures when I have access to it! I think this represents one of the most complicated models I've designed to date, most certainly it is the largest CAD file!

If anyone is interested in this model, N-Stars now have complete ownership and any enquiries will have to be directed to them.

Offline R Marshall

• N Gauge Society Number: 24052
    • Awards
« Reply #207 on: September 12, 2017, 02:24:48 PM »
Steve,

Thanks for the word - I'll be looking at the chassis closely - ever hopeful for a V09 or a Z!

Regards,

Roy

Online Roy L S

• Awards
« Reply #208 on: September 12, 2017, 05:34:38 PM »
Here is a pic of my K3 61879 in the company of my rather lovely sound fitted and weathered Farish B1 61045.

They look an absolute treat posed together and such is the quality of Steve's 3D print and his skill in finishing the K3 that it is impossible not to conclude that both are factory made.

Top job!

Roy

« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 06:30:10 PM by Roy L S, Reason: correction »

Online Atso

• Advertiser
    • Awards
« Reply #209 on: September 13, 2017, 10:07:49 AM »
Thank you Roy.  :-[

As promised, a picture of the PPR E6 as presented to N-Stars (photo courtesy of Marc Starmans).

Unfortunately the bell (a separate item) didn't survive the printing process so I'll need to give that a quick revision this week.

Please Support Us!
December Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Dec 31
Total Receipts: £287.00
Above Goal: £232.00
Site Currency: GBP
522% 
December Donations

Advertise Here