!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Diesel & Electric on 35mm No.3, By Video 125 Review  (Read 886 times)

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
Diesel & Electric on 35mm No.3, By Video 125 Review
« on: November 22, 2016, 04:27:02 PM »
Diesel & Electric on 35mm No.3, By Video 125

DVD Review: Following on from D & E Nos. 1 & 2 on 35mm, this states it is 'A compilation of recently discovered 35mm motion picture outtakes'
The result is probably 33% diesel and 67% electric footage from the 50's into the early 70's so lots of green, blue and blue/grey. The quality is far better than the Nos. 1 & 2 and features a lot of 3rd rail and overhead electrics from the Southern region, Eastern region, LM region and the Scottish blue trains. Short sections for Underground and cab rides are also featured.
A most enjoyable 60 mins running time

Score: 4

Offline kerrcophony

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: Diesel & Electric on 35mm No.3, By Video 125 Review
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2017, 08:10:59 PM »
Thanks for the review Nobby.  A big advantage with this disc is that the commentary can be switched off, I believe, leaving just the wonderful traction noises.  I only have Vol 2, and that is on VHS.  Vol 1 is available on DVD, with Vol 2 included as a bonus on the same disc.  Best news of all is that Video125 are doing a buy one get one free offer until the end of the month.  This means you could pick up the combined Vol 1 & 2 plus Vol 3 for 20 INC p&p.  I've just placed my order.  The company even has some tempting Blu-Rays (although not of the archive material, understandably).
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 09:54:24 PM by kerrcophony »
I get a bit delayed in the Waiting Room

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
Re: Diesel & Electric on 35mm No.3, By Video 125 Review
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2017, 10:06:03 PM »
Vol 1 is available on DVD, with Vol 2 included as a bonus on the same disc.

Yup - I've got that one as well :)

Please Support Us!
October Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Total Receipts: £69.00
Below Goal: £31.00
Site Currency: GBP
69% 
October Donations

Advertise Here
anything