!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Marton Hinmarche  (Read 244938 times)

willike1958 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline port perran

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: Marton Hinmarche
« Reply #3870 on: Yesterday at 05:49:27 PM »
You can always cut the seed potatoes in half Laurence.
Theyíll be fine and give you more for eventual planting out.
And youíre ahead of us....Iíve still not purchased my seed potatoes yet.
Iíll be digging my runner bean trench tomorrow though.
Martin
If it looks right then it most probably is right.

Offline DarrwestLU6

• N Gauge Society Number: 28089
  • Getting back into N after a long break!
    • Awards
Re: The Train Shed Project - Marton Hinmarche
« Reply #3871 on: Yesterday at 11:38:32 PM »
Hi Laurence, re Dremels, I have just bought one. I have been using a Rotacraft for ages, I got it free with a subscription to Model Rail a few years ago. It's ok but underpowered and very limited. So I heard there was a sale on at B&Q so I bought a Dremel 3000 kit which includes 25 accessories, it cost me £60, not sure if that was a sale price. They do a couple of cheaper versions plus a smaller 3000 kit for about £42,ie 15 accessories, but with the extra kit you get a flexible drive and a case which I think is worth having. The 3000 is mains wired, if you go up a level the 4000 + I think are wire free versions. I have not used mine yet but I am planning on laying some track over the next few days so it will soon be in use. It's well more powerfull than the Rotacraft, that is like a toy in comparison, I should have no problem cutting track etc.

Hi Laurence - I see noone has commented on the Dremel since the positive comments from @lil chris a few weeks back. I would definitely agree. I find the Dremel extremely helpful for cutting and polishing small things in tight spaces (e.g. track that is laid, or where you can't lift it and need to cut in situ) - would be ideal for relaying a point if it fails for example, or you fancy a new design (I'm relaying my track at the moment).

I found this one: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dremel-Accessories-10000-33000-Polishing-Sharpening/dp/B0078LENZC at a reasonable price (£40 odd) and comes with a basic accessory kit for polishing, grinding, routing, removing burrs etc, which comes in useful for all sorts of things, like pruning scenery, trimming bits of plastic! They might be useful for metal and plastic kit building also and general scenery chores. Additional accessories are very cheap and there are hundreds of them (check the Dremel website). The Dremel is light and easy to hold in the hand, which I like. This model as the "EZ" (easy) twist nose cap which makes changing tools very quick when you get the hang of it. It's German made so well engineered, I think you would approve!

My top tip for cutting track is to use the very thin but very tough Dremel "Diamond Rotary Cutting Discs" - which you can find in many outlets for a fiver, and you get a pack of half a dozen! They are thin (less than 1mm, so perfect for rail cuts) but diamond tipped metal and so very strong. The other thing to mention is study the instructions about what speed to use with each job you are doing, to match the task and the material. Also beware of kick back from some cuts, and also be careful not to overheat the piece being cut, so dip in and out if you need to keep the workpiece cool.
Hogwarts to King's Cross - My layout under construction: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=43358.msg536504#msg536504

Offline Vigo

• Awards
Re: Marton Hinmarche
« Reply #3872 on: Today at 12:08:15 AM »
I can honestly say that the Silhouette cutter has been one of the best buys I have ever made. I've had one for a few years now and from some very humble beginnings, I've managed to create some quite impressive buildings with it.

It's not restricted to just buildings though. Believe it or not, this metre long paddle steamer was created using a Silhouette Portrait (the cheap one) from 20 thou plasticard.
In Memoriam: https://hadfieldsite.wordpress.com/

Latest project: San Pablo - Rural Spain in miniature (HOe ish)

Please Support Us!
January Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Jan 31
Total Receipts: £85.00
Above Goal: £25.00
Site Currency: GBP
142% 
January Donations

Advertise Here
anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal