!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: The Train Shed Project - Marton Hinmarche  (Read 206386 times)

Offline DarrwestLU6

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 28089
  • Getting back into N after a long break!
    • Awards
Re: The Train Shed Project - Marton Hinmarche
« Reply #3315 on: June 05, 2019, 08:46:41 PM »
Hi Laurence - I have enjoyed reading the thread, thank you. I did a search of the thread for "backscene" - it did give a few hits but did not tell me where you sourced those very fine country scenes - could you let us know?  Many thanks - Darren

Online Innovationgame

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 26531
    • The innovationgame
    • Awards
« Reply #3316 on: June 05, 2019, 09:30:23 PM »
Hi Laurence - I have enjoyed reading the thread, thank you. I did a search of the thread for "backscene" - it did give a few hits but did not tell me where you sourced those very fine country scenes - could you let us know?  Many thanks - Darren
Hi Darren.  They are ID backscenes:

ID208A   id Backscenes - Series 208 "Hills and Dales" 
I bought them from New Modellers Shop - https://www.newmodellersshop.co.uk/
With kind regards
Laurence
My personal website is a bit of a mish mash: www.innovationgame.com
Coventry Corporation Transport Society: www.cct-society.org.uk
Hessle: www.hessle.org.uk

Online crewearpley40

• Awards
« Reply #3317 on: June 05, 2019, 09:33:31 PM »
recommended and god quality, did you use a glue to fixthem laurence ?

Offline DarrwestLU6

• N Gauge Society Number: 28089
  • Getting back into N after a long break!
    • Awards
« Reply #3318 on: June 05, 2019, 10:12:12 PM »
Hi Darren.  They are ID backscenes:

ID208A   id Backscenes - Series 208 "Hills and Dales" 
I bought them from New Modellers Shop - https://www.newmodellersshop.co.uk/

Many thanks!

Online Innovationgame

• Larger Gallery
    • The innovationgame
    • Awards
« Reply #3319 on: June 06, 2019, 06:38:49 AM »
recommended and god quality, did you use a glue to fixthem laurence ?
I tried several different adhesives, but the concensus from the forum is that walpaper paste is best.
With kind regards
Laurence

Online crewearpley40

• Awards
« Reply #3320 on: June 06, 2019, 06:44:05 AM »
Laurence. Thanks that was the method . . I was thinking of, wall paper paste . Have a good day amd look forward to the daily blogspot tonight

Online Innovationgame

• Larger Gallery
    • The innovationgame
    • Awards
« Reply #3321 on: June 06, 2019, 08:33:57 PM »
This morning, we went to Beverley (and district) because there were several things we needed to buy.  But I did manage a running session in the Train Shed before we went.  I ran the next sub-cycle which began with 6713 running into Platform 4 with the branch goods and then Ditcheat Manor bringing the parcels train into Platform 3.  Both of these were off camera so the first recorded train movement was Union Mills J26 65761 with the pickup goods from Aylesbury.

There was an abrupt stop at the end because I had moved the platform and goods shed, but I will edit the end out eventually.  However, 65761 performed much better than on its last outing.  Then Ditcheat Manor set off from Platform 3 to Aylesbury.

After that, 6713 took away the branch goods in the direction of Norton.

In the afternoon, we had the opera appreciation group to watch La Fillle du Regiment, which went down very well.  So there was no visit to the train shed in the afternoon.  Tomorrow, I hope to be able to get back to an afternoon session with some scenic work.
With kind regards
Laurence

Online Innovationgame

• Larger Gallery
    • The innovationgame
    • Awards
« Reply #3322 on: June 07, 2019, 06:32:45 PM »
Friday is household chores day.  I managed to complete most of them by coffee time.  Then, after a couple of garden jobs, I had a short operating session in the Train Shed.  First, 5572 arrived at Platform 4 from Norton.

Then 80119 arrived at Platform 3 from Evenbury with a Worcester to Aylesbury local train.

Then, the big attraction was Jubilee Class 45572, Eire, which arrived at Platform 2 with the 1129 from Marylebone, bound for Nottingham.

After a pause in the station, Eire set off for Leamington Spa.  It was due to arrive at Nottingham at 1436.

Then 80119 departed for Kingly.

Finally, 5572 took the branch passenger away, heading for Shipton.

In the afternoon, I had a number of commitments and, although I thought I would have time for some scenic work, in the end, I didnít get back to the Train Shed.  But, tomorrowís another day!
With kind regards
Laurence

Offline Invicta Alec

• Awards
« Reply #3323 on: June 07, 2019, 07:00:56 PM »

In the afternoon, I had a number of commitments and, although I thought I would have time for some scenic work, in the end, I didnít get back to the Train Shed.  But, tomorrowís another day!

Scenic work is all well and good Laurence but running trains is so much more fun!  :)

Alec.
You can't beat a nice drop of Southern.

Online Innovationgame

• Larger Gallery
    • The innovationgame
    • Awards
« Reply #3324 on: June 08, 2019, 09:58:33 PM »
I didnít get down to the Train Shed at all today.  We went off to the butcherís first thing as usual and I deferred going to the Train Shed until afterwards, because rain was threatened and we wanted to get home again before it started.  The butcher had a chicken deal on today, which comprised a large chicken, some pigs in blankets and some stuffing balls, all for a tenner.  We hadnít originally intended to buy chicken today, but we decided that we could invite our hard-up daughter and son-in-law to dinner tonight instead of having our roast on Sunday. 

After we arrived home, we had coffee before I set about transporting bags of sand and gravel to the back garden on my sack truck.  Unfortunately, during one of the loading operations, I managed to puncture a bag of kiln-dried sand, so I had to store it in the greenhouse to prevent water ingress.  Thereís no point in having kiln-dried sand and allowing it to get wet.  Once that was done, I decided that, at long last, I really needed to defrost the large upright freezer in the garage because it had become increasingly difficult to slide out the drawers.  That meant getting the car out and laying some dust sheets on the garage floor so that I could remove all the drawers and place them on the floor with some sort of insulation between them and the floor.  I then covered them with a large curtain and an old GS blanket.  That left me free to defrost the freezer, using a fan heater, two bowls and some old towels.  It took quite a long time to get all the ice out, dry it off and get its temperature down again.

After that, I had quite a bit of work to do with U3A.  In particular, I have been working on the web pages designs to produce what are known as responsive pages because Google Analytics has warned me that some of the clickable elements are too close together for mobile devices.  I am learning quite a lot more about HTML that I wasnít aware of, so at least it is helping to develop my little grey cells.

After that, we had the family meal, so I never did get down to the Train Shed.  Perhaps tomorrow, I will be able to make up for todayís missed sessions.
With kind regards
Laurence

Online crewearpley40

• Awards
« Reply #3325 on: June 08, 2019, 10:06:29 PM »
Sounds like a bargain for dinner

Online Innovationgame

• Larger Gallery
    • The innovationgame
    • Awards
« Reply #3326 on: June 09, 2019, 06:21:44 PM »
Yesterday, I didnít get down to the Train Shed at all.  So I was determined to make up for it today.  I began with an operating session.  First we see 4571 with the 0850 from Norton, arriving at Platform 4 at 0905. 

This was followed by 46443 with an Aylesbury to Worcester local, coming in from Kingly, arriving at Platform 2 at 0907. 

While the two trains are standing in the station, Royal Scot 46122, Royal Ulster Rifleman thundered through Platform 2 with the non-stop UP South Midlander.

When the express had disappeared out of sight, 46443 set off for its next stop at Evenbury.

Then 4571 departed for Shipton.

After the operating session I set about some scenic work.  I began by painting the raised area where Burnham Rocks will eventually reside.

I used my normal camouflage technique with the air brush.  The static grass will sit directly on top of the painted coat.  Hereís a view looking towards the Gatsby Tunnel mouths.

Then I set about adding some plaster bandage to the area at the far end of the station board.

I will need to add a second layer in places, but I wonít cover it all because I can simply paint directly onto the EPS where there are no joins or interfaces.

Then, for good measure, I had another operating session.  There are fewer trains to be seen this time because I am filming the station board looking towards London Road Bridge and they are not all visible to the camera.  First, you can see 6713 with a branch goods from Norton, arriving at Platform 4.  However, it stops out of camera shot.

After that, Ditcheat Manor arrived at Platform 2 from Aylesbury with a parcels train.

Then Class 5, 45206 brought in the milk train, but is out of shot of the camera, before Ditcheat Manor departed for Worcester.

The Branch goods was already out of shot and so you canít see it depart for Shipton.  I think that was an excellent Train Shed session, making up for yesterday.

After coffee, I got to work with the kiln-dried sand to finish off the brickwork path that I have made.  This was followed by some decorative gravelling, although I need four more bags to finish the whole area.  In the afternoon I cut the grass and, in between, I continued beavering away at the web pages.
With kind regards
Laurence

Online crewearpley40

• Awards
« Reply #3327 on: June 09, 2019, 06:48:02 PM »
looking so far so good - those scenics laurence

Online Innovationgame

• Larger Gallery
    • The innovationgame
    • Awards
« Reply #3328 on: June 10, 2019, 07:23:59 PM »
Monday is table tennis day and today was no exception and I managed a running session in the Train Shed before we went. 

Although I actually filmed the arrival and departure of 80119 and 5572, I had already filmed these sequences a few days ago and so I didnít load them onto YouTube this time.  However, for the record, 5572 brought in the 0610 from Shipton to Platform 4, departing again at 0635 for Norton.  Also, 80119 brought in the 0554 from Aylesbury to Platform 2 and departed again at 0633 for Evenbury, on its way to Worcester Shrub Hill.  But the main event was Cranmore Hall with the 0509 from Herford Barrs Court, arriving at Platform 3.

After a brief stop, it set off again for Aylesbury on its way to Paddington, where it was due to arrive at 0731.

The rain set in during the morning and I didnít make it down to the Train Shed again today.  But I used the time for another visit to B&Q to buy six more bags of gravel to finish our garden projects.  Then I completed the conversion of the U3A website to what is known as a responsive website that will change its appearance for small devices such as mobile phones and small tablets.  For those computer nerds amongst us (I suppose Iím one of them) you can see it at http://www.hessle.org.uk/U3A/index.html

Tomorrow, we are off to Bromsgrove for a trip on the Severn Valley on Wednesday with our friends from the Solihull MS Society.  I may get a session in at the Train Shed before we go but, otherwise, I will miss a couple of days there.  But, we did pick our first strawberries today, to more to look forward to over the next few weeks.
With kind regards
Laurence

Online crewearpley40

• Awards
« Reply #3329 on: June 10, 2019, 07:42:34 PM »
Enjoy the s v r

Please Support Us!