!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: The Train Shed Project - Marton Hinmarche  (Read 200827 times)

Online crewearpley40

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: The Train Shed Project - Marton Hinmarche
« Reply #3285 on: May 25, 2019, 09:30:49 PM »
fencing looks good.compliments the stunning scenery laurence

Online Innovationgame

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 26531
    • The innovationgame
    • Awards
« Reply #3286 on: May 26, 2019, 06:47:55 AM »
Iíve now got the videos uploaded.  They processed quickly this morning, so I can only assume YouTube was clogged up last night.  Here they are again.  First on the scene was 80119 with an all stations from Worcester to Aylesbury. 

Then 61664 made its way through Black Horse Cutting with the 1409 from Norwich Thorpe, scheduled to arrive at Worcester Shrub Hill at 1701.

Finally, 5572 with the branch passenger for Shipton departed from Marton Hinmarche.

« Last Edit: May 26, 2019, 07:45:27 AM by Innovationgame »
With kind regards
Laurence
My personal website is a bit of a mish mash: www.innovationgame.com
Coventry Corporation Transport Society: www.cct-society.org.uk
Hessle: www.hessle.org.uk

Online crewearpley40

• Awards
« Reply #3287 on: May 26, 2019, 07:08:37 AM »
Thank you for sharing. Seriously looking good

Online Innovationgame

• Larger Gallery
    • The innovationgame
    • Awards
« Reply #3288 on: May 26, 2019, 07:59:00 PM »
Today, we wanted to go out to B&Q to buy some more sand and gravel plus a cover for the old swing seat and some Hammarite for our old metal furniture outside the back door.  It was the day of the Humber Bridge 10k, so we went reasonably early to miss the road closure for the start and I left the Train Shed until later.  However, on our way back we ran into the returning runners, which were returning via our lane and the marshals wouldnít let us pass for quite a long time.  We had no notice of the later road closure.  Celia got out of the car and walked round the corner to our house and put the kettle on ready for coffee when I eventually arrived home.  After coffee, I visited the Train Shed and had a running session.  Here you see the Union Mills G2 heading out of Oakwood Tunnel, only to be overtaken by 4571 with a branch passenger train from Shipton.

After everything had settled down, 46443 left the station with a train bound for Evenbury.

Once the running had been completed, I set about more fence painting.  There are just a few ends to paint now, where I had been holding the sections to paint the rest of the fence.  I will get the fence contractor working during the bank holiday because they have fallen behind with the job.
With kind regards
Laurence

Online crewearpley40

• Awards
« Reply #3289 on: May 26, 2019, 08:05:32 PM »
thank you laurence

Online Innovationgame

• Larger Gallery
    • The innovationgame
    • Awards
« Reply #3290 on: May 27, 2019, 07:27:57 PM »
Although it was bank holiday today, we played table tennis as normal.  As usual, I managed a session in the Train Shed before we went.  I ran another sub-cycle, which began with 6713 bringing the branch goods from Norton to Platform 4.  Then 7821, Ditcheat Manor, brought a parcels train from Worcester.  You see it here emerging from Oakwood Tunnel and passing through Black Horse Cutting.

After that, Union Mils J26, 65761, took the pickup goods away from the goods depot and out through Black Horse Cutting, disappearing into Oakwood Tunnel.

Finally, 6713 departed with the branch goods and slowly made its way towards Shipton.

In the afternoon, I had weeding to do and a second planting of carrots to make up for the ones that havenít germinated.  Then, I completed the paving using the old bricks and tiles.  After a cup of tea, we fitted a new cover to the old swing seat that we found in the jungle after we moved in five years ago.  Then I had another short session in the Train Shed.  I completed the finishing touches to the sections of fence that were not quite complete.  I was also pleased to see that the fencing contractor (Foil and …pťe) had made quite a bit of progress with the fence errection.

I now turned my attention to my options for working on the town.  This corner will need a bit of work so that I can get the road past it.

Then there are the two changes in elevation.  I first tried to use some Shaper Sheet plaster to change this level, but the gradient is too steep and uneven.  I may try using plaster bandage to smooth it out so that I can put down a road surface.

The gradient at the far end of the town is just two bits of EPS with an angle cut in the higher of the two.  I think plaster bandage might work there as well.

I hope the fencing contractor will be able to make more progress tomorrow.
With kind regards
Laurence

Offline port perran

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #3291 on: May 27, 2019, 07:39:23 PM »
Hello Laurence

Iíd suggest making a base of shaped polystyrene packing or similar material, smoothed over with plaster or grout, to eradicate the change in gradient.
That would, I suspect, be easier than trying to achieve the same effect with plaster bandage.
Hope that helps.
Martin

PS
Strange that you have poor carrot germination. Ours was probably the best ever but, to counteract that, our French beans produced nothing despite two separate sowings.
If it looks right then it most probably is right.

Online crewearpley40

• Awards
« Reply #3292 on: May 27, 2019, 08:08:20 PM »
laurence

those buildings look super.will look forward to updates on the structures. hope the garden looking well and the fencing is fantastic  -must be pleased.

Online Innovationgame

• Larger Gallery
    • The innovationgame
    • Awards
« Reply #3293 on: May 28, 2019, 06:37:25 AM »
Hello Laurence

Iíd suggest making a base of shaped polystyrene packing or similar material, smoothed over with plaster or grout, to eradicate the change in gradient.
That would, I suspect, be easier than trying to achieve the same effect with plaster bandage.
Hope that helps.
Thanks Martin

I made the gradients out of polystyrene cut with a hot wire cutter.  But I need to make them less severe.  I guess I'll have a fiddle and see what I can do.  I will proably make an infill piece for the corner by the goods yard.

Strange that you have poor carrot germination. Ours was probably the best ever but, to counteract that, our French beans produced nothing despite two separate sowings.
Our French beans have been rubbish.  They were pot grown, but less than half germinated.  Those that have been planted out haven't grown at all since they were planted out abuot three weeks ago.  The runners are going well, but the Borlotti beans had poor germination, although the direct sowings are just beginning to emerge.

As far as carrots go, we had this problem last year as well and I had to re-sow.  It my be that I need to wait until the end of April to sow them.
With kind regards
Laurence

Online Innovationgame

• Larger Gallery
    • The innovationgame
    • Awards
« Reply #3294 on: May 28, 2019, 06:38:44 AM »
laurence

those buildings look super.will look forward to updates on the structures. hope the garden looking well and the fencing is fantastic  -must be pleased.
Thanks

The buildings are just standard Metcalfe kits.
With kind regards
Laurence

Online Innovationgame

• Larger Gallery
    • The innovationgame
    • Awards
« Reply #3295 on: May 28, 2019, 09:45:59 PM »
Today, Celia went shopping with out granddaughter.  Which means that our granddaughter bought lots of things and Celia paid.  Before they went, I had a visit to the Train Shed and ran some trains.  5572 and 80119 had both been filmed on the down leg board but Jubilee 45572, Eire, hadnít so hereís a snippet of it emerging from Oakwood Tunnel.  For all those coach counters, I left the video running for a few seconds at the end to allow all the coaches to be counted.

It was a cold, wet day and so I didnít get anything done in the garden.  Later I returned to the Train Shed for a short visit and was pleased with the progress that the fencing contractor had made.

Tomorrow, I may set about some more of the scenery.
With kind regards
Laurence

Online crewearpley40

• Awards
« Reply #3296 on: May 29, 2019, 05:33:42 AM »
thank you for sharing laurence have fun with the scenery

Online Innovationgame

• Larger Gallery
    • The innovationgame
    • Awards
« Reply #3297 on: May 29, 2019, 06:40:05 PM »
Today, we were back to normal again with our usual visit to the gym.  Because Celiaís class is a little later on a Wednesday, I had a good session in the Train Shed before we went.  I began with a running session.  The star of the session was Rebuilt Scot, 46122 Royal Ulster Rifleman with the UP South Midlander which left Wolverhampton Low Level at 0800 and was due in at Marylebone at 1010.  Here you see it, with its twelve-coach train, emerging from Oakwood Tunnel and rushing through Black Horse Cutting.

The final operation of the session was Small Panier 4571 with its single coach, making its way through the cutting in the direction of Shipton.

When I had finished the running session, I set about the scenery.  First on my list was Burnham Rocks, on the UP leg board.

I have decided to raise the whole area a few feet and make the rocks more extensive.  To that end, I used my hot wire cutter to cut out a piece of EPS and fixed it down between the mainline and the branch using PVA. 

It now mimics the cutting on the DOWN leg board.  I will cover it with plaster bandage and then add static grass, before replacing the rocks, together with a lot of additional ones.  I have also decided what I am going to do with gradients in the town.  They will be removed so that the whole town is on the level, as per the original prototype on which Marton Hinmarche is loosely based.  To that end, I set about removing the top layers to bring everything down to the same level.  A large screwdriver came in handy for prising the top layer away from the PVA bonding. 

When I have reduced it all to the same level, I may use some plaster bandage to smooth things over a little, particularly where I previously spread the Shaper Sheet plaster, leaving a furrowed surface.  Once itís all down to the same level, I will fill in the corner by the goods yard so that the road can connect both ends of the town.
With kind regards
Laurence

Online crewearpley40

• Awards
« Reply #3298 on: May 29, 2019, 06:44:26 PM »
Thank you laurence.

Offline lil chris

• N Gauge Society Number: 23889
    • Awards
« Reply #3299 on: May 30, 2019, 12:08:55 AM »
Nice videos Laurence, being able to count the coaches does make a difference, its more like your there watching it go past. Your now making good progress with your scenics too, good idea I think makeing the town more level, it also makes it a lot easier.
Lil Chris
My layout here East Lancashire Lines
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29492.0

Please Support Us!
August Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Total Receipts: £155.00
Above Goal: £100.00
Site Currency: GBP
282% 
August Donations

anything