!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Uploading Pictures  (Read 3460 times)

Offline GrahamB

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: Uploading Pictures
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2020, 12:07:39 PM »
If you do a bulk upload then select another photo it will default to random gallery, I've moved them now into your gallery for you, you may need to relink any post you made for them

Regards
Thank you. I can now see them in "My Gallery" and, oddly, the links still work. I'm now on a mission and trying to sort out my galleries. How do I move the photos from "My Gallery" into "Southwark Bridge" gallery please? I've got some in a sub folder to Southbridge that I want to move into the new "parent" Southwark Bridge folder?

Offline ntpntpntp

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: Yesterday at 04:19:45 PM »
Is there ANYTHING we can do to make things clearer for forum newbies? In the past couple of days there have been 2 new members both trying to use the PDF functionality ** on the same thread** !!

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=49721.0

I'm not sure why, is it just that the "Add image and post to gallery" option isn't obvious enough and needs highlighting? People are seeing the "Attachments and other options" stuff which is for PDFs and trying to use that.   To be fair, I think the other forums I frequent all add images via the Attachments options below the text box.
Nick.   2016 celebrating the 20th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!

Offline Tank

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+30)
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: Yesterday at 07:49:35 PM »
I agree, it's a bit of a mess.  We've had three lots of 'galleries' on this forum and they've all messed up in one way or another.   :'(

It's very hard, once a gallery has been started, to convert it to the new one and being able to transfer the photo's and all of the information with them.  Most of the developers don't seem to do things just how I want it, and it's incredibly hard to talk to them.....so I haven't for some time.  I'll see if I can get something changed again on here.

Can you all tell me what you'd like changed, and I'll make a note.   :thankyousign:

Online chrism

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • The Coniston Railway
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: Yesterday at 08:21:11 PM »
Just a thought or two, that may help;

1) Move the link "Add image to post and upload to gallery" to below the text entry box so that both image and attachment links are close to each other.  Having them above and below the text entry box almost invites people to miss the images link and select the attachments one.

2) Add a note to the "Attachments and other options" bit to clarify that it's not for images, maybe simply saying "PDFs, etc."

Offline Only Me

• Western Destroyer
  • NGF Technician
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23206
  • Loco Repairs - Direct message me
    • Northants & Cambs Area Group of the NGS
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: Yesterday at 09:54:03 PM »
@Tank  we could just do away with the Attachment  button....

Offline dannyboy

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25492
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: Yesterday at 10:00:07 PM »
We could just do away with the Gallery entirely - then @rogerdB  would not be able to show any more of his superb pictures!  ;)

(Only joking Roger)
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with him.

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £60.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £95.00
Above Goal: £35.00
Site Currency: GBP
158% 
May Donations

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal