!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Longframlington (Northumbrian branch line)  (Read 56028 times)

Offline belstone

• Trade Count: (+3)
    • Belstone blog
    • Awards
Re: Longframlington (Northumbrian branch line)
« Reply #660 on: November 10, 2019, 08:56:16 PM »
Another lovely day out for Longfram, this time close to home at the Wensum Valley show just outside Norwich.  All that work adjusting couplers paid off with far fewer problems than at Bury.  Three duff wagons slipped through the net and had to be removed: they are now sitting on my workbench awaiting fettling.  A few changes in the loco lineup this time with the J27 on freight, B1 on parcels, J39 on passenger and Standard 4MT heading the mixed train.  BRCW Type 2 on the inspection saloon.  The J39 developed pickup issues in the afternoon and was replaced by the J35 for the last passenger train of the day.  Apart from that everything ran 100% reliably, even the B1.  Several visitors said nice things about it, and one chap must have stood there for a good half-hour watching trains.

There isn't much more to say about this little layout.  It has done everything I hoped it would and a lot more.  It will do a few shows next year (and possibly the year after) while I get on with not one but two new projects - my own tribute to the much-missed Waverley Route, and a Great Western flavoured club layout in Peco Code 80 where I can run all my old relics.

Richard

Online Roy L S

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
« Reply #661 on: November 10, 2019, 09:24:04 PM »
I hope I get a chance to see Longframlington in the flesh during one of it's planned outings Richard, it really is a fabulous layout, just so atmospheric and quite inspirational.

If it is anything to go by Stobs will be quite something!

Roy

Offline Chris in Prague

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 24400
    • Awards
« Reply #662 on: November 10, 2019, 09:33:56 PM »
Congratulations, Richard. I wish you all success with your two new projects but do, please, do continue to post updates about Longframlington, too. I fully agree that it is a wonderful little layout.

Please Support Us!
December Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Dec 31
Total Receipts: £15.00
Below Goal: £45.00
Site Currency: GBP
25% 
December Donations

Advertise Here