what did father christmas bring you?

Started by findus, December 25, 2011, 08:35:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OwL

Socks, aftershave, a dozen or so mixed grafar wagons Private livery steam era and a lego train called emerald night (modelled on the flying scotsman)

Gonna build it tomorrow.

Merry Christmas to all our members :thumbsup:

Proud New Owner of Old Warren Traction Maintenance Depot Layout.

http://www.c58lg.co.uk/  http://www.c60pg.co.uk/

jonclox

Just 2 railway related items but gooduns...... :thumbsup:
A book on the history of the Didcot, Newbury, Winchester, Southampton railway  unusual but good reading.
---------------------------------------
2  a 1000piece jigsaw puzzle of the Newton Abbot GWR junction  in the very early 1930s.
Nearest the viewer is the 5700 pannier tank 5760 hauling away a Siphon C milk van
And next track across the Star Class 4-6-0 Western Star  4010 pulling away with an express for Painton and Kingswear  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

davieb

i recieved a farish 4F (currently running in) socks,aftershave

OH and plenty  :NGAUGE: tokens to spend on some other bits that i am after

also 3 bottles of scotch that i will have to have a sample of later (purely for scientific reasons of course) HIC !!!

merry christmas all

dave  :thumbsup:

longbridge

I got money, clothes, CDs and an iPod Shuffle that I spent half of Chtistmas Day trying to get it to work on my computer 
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Mustermark

So we will be seeing you computer help later then?  Hope it's all sorted, but if not i might know something that might help.

http://www.marksmodelrailway.com
I'm a personality prototype... you can tell, can't you.

darren.c

only xmas present to do with railways was some more farish FIA intermodals.
now have enough for a full rake,cant wait to try it out on the club layout
other stuff i got was dvds sweets socks boxes etc etc
daz

longbridge

Quote from: Mustermark on December 25, 2011, 09:26:17 PM
So we will be seeing you computer help later then?  Hope it's all sorted, but if not i might know something that might help.

Hi Mark, found a great solution this morning, I will take it back to BigW and exchange it for a different MP3 Player, I exhausted every avenue trying to get this iPod to sync and work with a Linux OS, Apple does not support Linux and I have a feeling it almost kills them to make their iPods compatible with Windows, my first and very last brush with an Apple product
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Tank

Sounds like you've all done well today.  :)

I'm so full I feel ill!!! :smiley-laughing:

Carrying on from my earlier post of a Stanley Tape Measure, I also got a book called 'Tank Men' (all about famous Tankers over the last 100 years), a train mug (with Kettles on  ::) ;D ), fingerless gloves with the Union flag on, Camo scarf, shaving kit, and a wood cutting bit for my Dremel tool. :thumbsup:

Calnefoxile

My list is as follows:

Lady GaGa cd
Dead Men Risen book by Toby Harnden, about his time as an embedded journalist with the Welsh Guards in Afghan.
We Are Soldiers by Danny Danziger, about life in the modern British Army
Forgotten Voices - Victoria Cross by Roderick Bailey, first hand accounts by people who have won the VC.
Mrs Browns Boys DVD
Senna DVD
Fawlty Towers - complete series DVD
Selection of Single Malt miniatures.

Oh yes and my NGS Queen Mary's. Hopefully I'll get more train stuff when I get my prezzies from my daughter and son-in-law when they get back from Afghan next week for R'n'R, and they undo all the
boxes that have arrived for them over the last month or two!!!!!

Regards

Neal.

bbdave

I got a couple of rail bits some track workers, some trees, a platelayers hut.
A Gerber tool, Knot tying book and kit A Terry Pratchett book, elastic band gun,Tickets to see Reginald D Hunter. Some cds and dvds

Dave

bbdave

That's interesting Tank I'm currently helping research the WW1 presentation tanks for a future book which gives me an idea for a research oppertunity

Dave

tim-pelican

Quote from: jayncee on December 25, 2011, 10:32:36 AM
Santa brought me a digital commuter set

Snap!  And from the rest of the family, some donations to the "buy more trains to go with it" fund, on the grounds that I don't know 'til I start setting it up and playing exactly what it is I want.

First N-gauge train I've actually held in my grubby little hands since I was a small boy, I'm so impressed with all the tiny details.  I'm not enough of a train buff to know if they're "right", but they're certainly intricate and well-done.

Baseboard building starts tomorrow.  Maybe I can run it in on the table while I work :)

Also, CDs, and chocolate (plain and goat's milk - I don't get on well with lactose, so the latter is a nice surprise!)

tim-pelican

Quote from: Tank on December 25, 2011, 10:09:41 PM
I'm so full I feel ill!!! :smiley-laughing:

Two full-blown Christmas dinners here, which is what happens when your parents and the in-laws only live about a mile apart.  I'm suitably stuffed!

Tank

Quote from: bbdave on December 25, 2011, 10:37:06 PM
That's interesting Tank I'm currently helping research the WW1 presentation tanks for a future book which gives me an idea for a research oppertunity

Dave

I love Tanks (hence the nickname, nothing to do with steamers)!  If you need any help with anything then let me know.

Quote from: tim-pelican on December 25, 2011, 10:52:30 PM
Two full-blown Christmas dinners here, which is what happens when your parents and the in-laws only live about a mile apart.  I'm suitably stuffed!

Similar thing here, but all in one place!  :D

Fratton

Father Christmas has brought me a 4-cep (and chips to run it with) a seacow a scene craft level crossing and a farish nearly N gauge bus, some dapol magnetic couplers, and oddly a 00 gauge brake corridor too (eBay) and a big bag of Noch grass as I have some scenic work to do,,,,,

But better than what I got was that my lad was brought literally shed loads by Santa and was happy as larry all day long!!!!!!!!

That what crimbo is about!!!!!!
Charlie.

Please Support Us!
June Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: £0.00
Below Goal: £100.00
Site Currency: GBP
 0%