!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: N Gauge Review 13 - More lights for your layout.  (Read 638 times)

Offline Arthur

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 22957
    • Awards
N Gauge Review 13 - More lights for your layout.
« on: March 03, 2016, 03:32:27 PM »
Hi There
Hope this is of some interest
https://youtu.be/22CKbQyzCdM

Offline Newleaf

• Awards
Re: N Gauge Review 13 - More lights for your layout.
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2016, 04:14:21 PM »
Thanks Arthur, I liked the video but I have a question for you:-
I was putting LED's into all my buildings carefully soldering resistors to each set and connecting to a switch, after doing a fair bit of work I came across a universal adapter on which the output voltage could be set to 3v, 4.5v, 5v, 6v, 7.5, 9v, 12v. This was thanks to a canny Yorkshireman David Howarth at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h6I9tM644w. Since then I purchased two, and set one to 3v and one to 12v and have wired all my LEDS through them and it's worked for me very well, no more mucking around and soldering.
I would be interested to hear from anyone who has had problems with this system, or whether you were aware?

Offline Arthur

• N Gauge Society Number: 22957
    • Awards
Re: N Gauge Review 13 - More lights for your layout.
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2016, 05:45:59 PM »
Interesting video by David. I have not come across the universal adaptor but it certainly looks like a good idea. I did wonder how many LED's my H&M power supply would be able to service. From Dave's experience a 3V DC Adaptor will probably power a large number of LED's.  If it was for an exhibition layout one would need a failsafe way of ensuring that nobody could change the output voltage. For 10 one could carry a spare unit. I wonder what lurks in my computer spares box!

Please Support Us!
August Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Total Receipts: £25.00
Below Goal: £35.00
Site Currency: GBP
42% 
August Donations

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal