!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Microtrains trucks and wheels  (Read 76 times)

Offline MistyEyedWanderer

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Microtrains trucks and wheels
« on: January 08, 2020, 08:46:44 PM »
I am planning on swapping all my older micro trains wheels for low profile, and fitting new trucks on other brand cars.
FVM metal wheels appear to be out of stock everywhere.
But I need to be sure, that the new micro trains wheels really are low profile, as I want to use code 40-55 handbuilt track.

Can someone please advise?

Offline Webbo

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: Microtrains trucks and wheels
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2020, 12:11:38 AM »
I have some Microengineering code 40 track that I've just tested a few items on. The MT low profiles run on it just fine, but a Kato SD40-2, an Atlas C630, and an Intermountain FP7 do not run without the flanges hitting the chairs. These locos are all 10 years old, but perhaps newer models don't have this problem. However, my FVM ES44AC runs over this track just fine. Haven't tested any other locos on it though.

Webbo

Please Support Us!
January Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Jan 31
Total Receipts: £80.00
Above Goal: £20.00
Site Currency: GBP
133% 
January Donations

Advertise Here
anything