!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: double sided livery  (Read 1094 times)

Offline matt-b

• Trade Count: (+8)
    • Awards
double sided livery
« on: February 05, 2011, 11:41:01 PM »
just wondering if anyone has ever thought about spraying/painting there locos, coaches, wagons etc a different livery either side. i think it would work...as you rarely see both sides of a model on a layout, specially a end-to-end one. i know it wouldnt work on some, but surely would be ok for 90% of models out there.

:NGaugeForum:

Offline Tank

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+30)
    • Awards
Re: double sided livery
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2011, 09:36:14 AM »
It wouldn't work on my current layout, but my next one will fill a room, so that idea would work.  I think this would mainly be a good idea for end to end layouts (like you said), or owners who don't have the room for a lot of different stock.  Good idea though. :thumbsup:

Offline tadpole

• Trade Count: (+1)
    • Ebay
    • Facebook
    • PhotoBucket
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2011, 10:30:14 AM »
I recently did two three-car thumper units with Electra overlays, one blue and one blue-grey. With hindsight, i wish I'd done all six cars blue one side and blue-grey the other. On a u-shaped layout, there is no danger of ever seeing the other side.

Problems might arise when/if you ever wish to sell the loco.
Two rails good. Three better.

Offline Chris

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 20957
    • Ebay
    • Google+
    • YouTube
    • My layout photos on Flickr
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2011, 07:34:50 PM »
You could always obtain a spare body rather than mix-matching one and just swap the bodies over when you feel like a change. Your idea would work on my layout as the rear half cannot be seen but it wouldn't work from a practical point of view as my locos only tow one end as the other is super-detailed.

Please Support Us!
June Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: £52.00
Below Goal: £48.00
Site Currency: GBP
52% 
June Donations

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal