!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Perthshire Railway Preservation Society  (Read 216789 times)

Offline Milton Rail

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25213
    • Awards
Re: Perthshire Railway Preservation Society
« Reply #3135 on: September 10, 2019, 07:47:58 AM »
Morning folks, I have managed to do it and spin out the meagre supply of update photo's I had over 2 weeks!  Today I head back home from the platform for a few weeks of time off.... resolved to make more progress on the layout than the wasps did on their summerhouse, using TINGS as the mojo rejuvenating springboard! If any of you are going to be there on Saturday, PM me and we can try and arrange a strategic meeting place for a blether:) 

So the pictures today are just a mundane Tuesday, with a couple of northbound Scotrail services the only thing on offer to fill up the notebooks of the patient young spotters on the road bridge.  First a class 158 ... then a more familiar 3 car class 170 ....

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #3136 on: September 10, 2019, 10:10:36 AM »
@Milton Rail
Don't know whether you caught this, Andrew, but it has been wondrous to look at.......

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=46358.msg586323#msg586323

Offline Milton Rail

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #3137 on: September 10, 2019, 10:26:25 AM »

Thanks Mick, will take a look, hopefully can find the 1st episode on catch up :)

Offline Milton Rail

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #3138 on: October 11, 2019, 08:04:04 AM »

The early morning Perthshire peace was disturbed by the throaty rumble of class 27 D5369 making it's way up the branch towards Auchterarder ... it was being dispatched to Perth MPD on a special mission

It was seen later in the day with the Perth MPD 45t Ransomes crane on the little used Strathearn branch .... curiosity amongst the locals was growing...

Its destination was the old disused rail head of the East of Scotland and Strathearn Oil Company (ESSO) ..... how the horsebox in the the livery of Sir George Widgeon got there was anyone's business ...... even Doc Brown was lost for answers and disappeared sharply when the photographers appeared!  but it was the job of the recovery team to try and get it back on the network safely, it was empty, but showed signs of very recent occupation

Offline Innovationgame

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 26531
    • The innovationgame
    • Awards
« Reply #3139 on: October 11, 2019, 08:19:05 AM »
Nice to see you posting again Andrew, after a month's break.  Did you go anywhere?
With kind regards
Laurence
My personal website is a bit of a mish mash: www.innovationgame.com
Coventry Corporation Transport Society: www.cct-society.org.uk
Hessle: www.hessle.org.uk

Offline weave

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
« Reply #3140 on: October 11, 2019, 08:25:14 AM »
Hi Andrew,

Nice pics and good to have you back for my morning Perthshire fix. Hope there's more to come.

Cheers weave  :beers:

Offline Milton Rail

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #3141 on: October 11, 2019, 08:35:08 AM »
Hi Laurence & Chris, yes - back at work now for 3 weeks and a bit of progress to update on.  Had a trip down to Warwickshire for a Sourdough course for Mrs Milton... which "just happened" to coincide with TINGS  :angel:  ... stayed in a lovely 17th century cottage just outside Alcester.  Other main event was a big DIY caper to re-organise (including the hand-building of a large bespoke fitted bookcase) and decorating my Den in the upstairs of the house ... that took 2 weeks alone!

Glad to say the MoJo was rekindled after TINGS and hopefully got some interesting updates ahead :)

Offline keithbythe sea

• Awards
« Reply #3142 on: October 11, 2019, 05:24:26 PM »
Good to see you back Andrew.  :thumbsup:

Nice crane!

Offline Milton Rail

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #3143 on: October 12, 2019, 07:36:04 AM »
Here is the scene at Tullibardine, with the station removed, the permanent way gang are sizing up another repair.  You may recall that I tried replacing the point here (the one approximately in the middle of the picture) after a blade failure a while back, unfortunately, the repair was not a good one and everything was de-railing on the crossover pointwork.......

Admitting you got it wrong and ripping up track has to be amongst the top 10 list of de-motivating tasks in our hobby I think! (which is why I have been putting it off!) ... anyway, up came the point

followed by a longer run of track so that I could concentrate on just getting the point re-fitted and then the track afterwards

on a more positive note, a second 3MT has found its way to Perthshire, joining its sister 82001 in the PRPS sheds

All the comings and goings at Tullibardine were watched by a mysterious observer..........  No-one had much of an idea how it got there or who it belonged to or had it escaped from the horsebox that caused the breakdown team so much trouble yesterday ...... interestingly enough, local Farmer Jim Finch was suspiciously mute on the subject and it was on his land.

Offline port perran

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #3144 on: October 12, 2019, 08:28:15 AM »
You must be glad that the point has been replaced John and I agree, track replacement is a demotivating task indeed.
I think the horse is just grabbing a look at the new 3MT to check itís in good order. Letís hope he doesnít stray too close to the track.
If it looks right then it most probably is right.

Offline cornish yorkie

• Awards
« Reply #3145 on: October 12, 2019, 03:12:38 PM »
 :hellosign: :greatpicturessign:
Good to see another update Andrew hope all is well with the new point.
   regards Derek

Offline Milton Rail

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #3146 on: October 13, 2019, 08:28:30 AM »
Today's update is more a small celebration of TINGS rather than PRPS, thought I would share a few of the shots I took - I was not very dilligent at keeping track of the names of the layouts I was looking at, some of you may remember the names!

This one needs no introduction (Little Aller Junction), I spent a good while here, watching the constantly changing stock rattling past - a great layout and easy to see why it is popular, the lighting and sound effects are very entertaining, though I imagine the operators must get rather sick of the thunderclaps after a 2 day show!

Another star of the forum, Sutton St Annes was even more delicious to the eye in real life, super slow running and superb detail - should the NGF be looking to put together a crack team to enter the GMRC season 3......?   :hmmm:

These next ones I didn't get the names of, but the modelling was to a really high standard and overall, the event rekindled my mojo a bit, which was the principle aim for me.  It was my first time here and it was refreshing to have everythiNg 1:148 in one place.  On the one hand it highlights just how much our gauge has to offer, but also the gap between what our OO gauge brethern get offered commercially compared to N gauge was apparent.  If I go again, I will definitely sharpen my elbows for the battles that ensued all day long at the bargain bins at the Anoraks Anonymous stand.....! 

This 'Peak' in RTC livery caught my eye on one stand, there was another example at the Diesel group stand beside the cafe, but it is a bespoke livery (feel a call to Gideon coming on!) and not available, but it looked stunning

A couple of layouts with a distinctly Highlands feel to them

On a plus note, chatting to the good folks at the Dapol stand, they seem close to be launching an HST set in LNER livery  :claphappy:

Offline weave

• Awards
« Reply #3147 on: October 13, 2019, 09:40:30 AM »
GMRC Season 3, day 2....

"Here we have 'The NGF Tullibardine Testers'. Now I like their style. They're using Kato Unitrack so they laid all the track in 10 minutes yesterday and then went to the pub. They've got rolling stock, some with their own liveries, from Scotland all the way down to South West England and even France.

Today they're working on the scenics which seems to be a long viaduct made out of small whisky bottles. There are horses and sheep everywhere, a working windmill, a cardboard cut out dam  ;) and even a real cat. There could be more to come tomorrow. I think this is a team to be reckoned with. I'm giving them a big fat 5!"

Sorry Andrew for the hijack, bit bored  :D

Cheers weave  :beers:

Offline Milton Rail

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #3148 on: October 13, 2019, 11:11:16 AM »
 :laughabovepost:

love it  ....   :beers:

Offline keithbythe sea