!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Perthshire Railway Preservation Society  (Read 177920 times)

Offline Bealman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23151
  • Promotion remains in the future
    • Awards
Re: Perthshire Railway Preservation Society
« Reply #2910 on: April 01, 2019, 10:51:18 AM »
Good pic, Ian.  :thumbsup:

Hope the big terrorist dog isn't at the dog park anymore!
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Offline Chris in Prague

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 24400
    • Awards
« Reply #2911 on: April 13, 2019, 12:01:51 PM »
I've been catching up with all the recent posts and photos., Andrew. I'm glad that the Tullibardine whisky vans are coming along well. I like the Naval Stores black tank wagon. I guess that is a Robbie's transfer set? If so, I may well be tempted to make one for myself.

Offline Milton Rail

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25213
    • Awards
« Reply #2912 on: May 09, 2019, 08:01:44 AM »
Hello again everyone and thanks Chris, that's correct, been catching up with all the rolling stock transfers I have and trying to get them in service!  They are all from Robbie.  After a much needed 5 week break, I am back at work and hopefully able to give you some interesting updates from Perthshire

I have 2 bits of the layout that have been progressed more than others in terms of scenery, ballasted track & lineside, so I decided to try and join them up by working on the station at Tullibardine.  One of the issues is a bit similar to the station at Muthill where the backscene sat higher than the basboard join (for reasons I have now forgotten!)  This is the situation at the east end of the station

I think that I can possibly get away with overlaying another backscene, so more on that to come, I just need to figure out how I will blend them in without looking too obvious!

Another resolution I had for this time home working on the layout was to try and finish off some projects!  I ordered a while back some Strathclyde Passenger Transport vinyls from Electra ... so I finally managed to lay my hands on a suitable DCC fitted donor at a reaosable price

1st step was to prep and overpaint the existing livery (reluctantly!)

Offline weave

• Awards
« Reply #2913 on: May 09, 2019, 11:04:16 AM »
Hi Andrew,

Glad you had a good break but selfishly pleased you're back at work as have missed your morning updates and pics before I go to work (self employed but do go sometimes  :D  :worried:).

Looking forward to the updates.

Cheers weave  :beers:

Offline Milton Rail

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #2914 on: May 09, 2019, 11:53:28 AM »
Thanks Chris, putting the posts up is my morning routine before the onshore office folks come in and fill up my inbox!  Helps keep me sane  :laugh3:

Offline keithbythe sea

• Awards
« Reply #2915 on: May 09, 2019, 08:28:58 PM »
Yep, good to see you back Andrew.

I particularly like the wagon loads (first wagon from the shunter).

Offline cornish yorkie

• Awards
« Reply #2916 on: May 09, 2019, 08:47:03 PM »
 :hellosign:  :greatpicturessign:
   Glad you're back Andrew looking forward to further updates.
     regards Derek

Offline Chris in Prague

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 24400
    • Awards
« Reply #2917 on: May 09, 2019, 09:51:09 PM »
:hellosign:  :greatpicturessign:
   Glad you're back Andrew looking forward to further updates.
     regards Derek

Thirded! (Very busy, here.)

Offline Milton Rail

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #2918 on: May 10, 2019, 06:54:03 AM »
Thanks for the warm welcome folks :)  my updates might be short lived as I have ran out of space to store photos!  Hopefully Tank can assist!

I got the primer cans out and progressed a few more rolling stock projects as well

Here is the DMU all primered up and ready for vinyls ... looks quite good in grey!

I don't have much space to try and create the scenic elements that support some of the backstory themes, once of which is Rusty Ryan, the celebrity owner of the Station Hotel at Tullibardine - certainly don't have room for a whole building and not much room to have a frontage .... so I stumbled across some low relief buildings by Peedie models that just show the gable end

..... a quick search of the web found a suitable sign and the Station Hotel was born   :beers:

Offline cornish yorkie

• Awards
« Reply #2919 on: May 10, 2019, 08:18:28 PM »
 :hellosign::greatpicturessign:
   Thanks for the update Andrew, low relief pub is looking good
       regards Derek.

Offline Milton Rail

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #2920 on: May 11, 2019, 08:21:51 AM »
Thanks Derek  :thumbsup:

While the Carriage & Wagon department were preparing the final stages of a ferry van on behalf of the distillery for use on overseas exports to Port Regleun and Principat d'izaro, an undesirable pink tinge was detected.......

The culprit was a bit of cross contamination on the brushes.... so a simple remedy was put in place!

and extended to other single purpose brushes!

continuing my theme of finishing off things I had started, I dropped a bit more flock around the station area at Muthill in readiness of erecting lineside fencing

and the ferry wagon was cleaned up and prepp'd for a new transfer

....it's a lost cause ... I can't help starting a new project  :-[  but this one is linked to the work at Tullibardine station, so I make my case on those grounds  :angel:  .... I'll keep you in suspense with this one   8)   the carriage you see before you is a cut down 4 wheel carriage (I sold one recently on eBay ... and in the advert mentioned that I had no idea why the carriage had been cut down..... I still don't).  The previous mod was done to a good standard, I had to look twice to spot it .... but it actually suits my purpose being a tad shorter.

Offline weave

• Awards
« Reply #2921 on: May 11, 2019, 09:10:38 AM »
Morning Andrew,

The Whisky ferry wagon looks great.

Port Regleun is slightly on hold at the moment due to lack of funds and a competent engineer to design and build the cross door and window sections.

The previous engineer was relieved of his duties but found re employment building a new small station in the Principat d'Izaro which is going well. He seems far more at ease with the manana manana lifestyle there and the locals and tourists are looking forward to future deliveries from Escocia.

Cheers weave  :beers:

Offline Milton Rail

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #2922 on: May 11, 2019, 08:03:40 PM »
Test of Flickr as photo host.... (thanks Martin!) .... this is the van 3 years ago

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/32880656067_92e8b22dc1_o.jpg[/img]]

work in progress .... not sure how to not have the text showing.... but it is better than the double images I was getting half an hour ago!

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+63)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #2923 on: May 11, 2019, 08:50:38 PM »
this is the van 3 years ago

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/32880656067_92e8b22dc1_o.jpg[/img]]

Thank goodness you stated that. I thought a bunch of nefarious tea leaves had been round! :worried:

Offline Milton Rail

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #2924 on: May 12, 2019, 08:07:30 AM »
Cheers Mick, nothing untoward in the real word thankfully

Good to hear that the engineer has found gainful employment in a more tranquil setting Chris, wouldn't mind a bit of that action myself!

Vinyls on, just needs to be reprogrammed and it can be pressed into service with it's sister set

Embarking on what will hopefully be the last station platform I need to build on this layout, I elected to use some ratio platform walls with a balsa top, just checking the height here and making sure of clearances

Some very important visitors were in town from Port Regleun and Principat d'izaro to finalise the arrangements for shipments of whisky, rumours of Brandon Williams being in town were also being discussed in the Golf Inn, giving hope to the distillery workers that demand for their product was growing.  It also gave local trainspotters a more unusual carriage set to admire while it was parked up in the bay at Auchterarder

While the deals were being done, the Carriage & Wagon works released the new rolling stock onto the rails and they were duly shunted to the distillery sidings to be packed for onward shipment.

Some sharp work by the local fencing contractors saw the smart new lineside fencing erected at Muthill keeping both the PRPS visitors and the nudists out of harms way

Please Support Us!
July Goal: £160.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Total Receipts: £65.00
Below Goal: £95.00
Site Currency: GBP
41% 
July Donations

Advertise Here