!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Questions on scenic effects  (Read 379 times)

Offline springwood

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: Questions on scenic effects
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2019, 03:19:54 PM »

re : concrete flooring for sheds - have a look at model rail  261 july 2019 - i have a copy but no colour copier or access, you could obtain back copy if you dont have one - step by step guide.

Crewearpley40 refers to an article in the July 2019 edition of Model Rail which sounds interesting. I don't subscribe to this publication and it is now difficult - if not impossible - to find a copy as Aug 2019 is on the shelves. Has anyone got the mag and could possibly scan, and post to the thread, the relevant page(s)?

Thank you in advance.

Online crewearpley40

• Awards
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2019, 03:22:45 PM »
you could call bauer media and ask if they have back copies and what price. sorry i am using mine as reference material at present

For subscription or back issue enquiries model Rail , please contact us at bauer@subscription.co.uk. Phone +44 (0) 1858 438884
« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 03:55:41 PM by crewearpley40 »

Offline port perran

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2019, 03:51:25 PM »

re : concrete flooring for sheds - have a look at model rail  261 july 2019 - i have a copy but no colour copier or access, you could obtain back copy if you dont have one - step by step guide.

Crewearpley40 refers to an article in the July 2019 edition of Model Rail which sounds interesting. I don't subscribe to this publication and it is now difficult - if not impossible - to find a copy as Aug 2019 is on the shelves. Has anyone got the mag and could possibly scan, and post to the thread, the relevant page(s)?

Thank you in advance.

I have a copy.
If you PM me your address, Iíll pop it in the post for you.
If it looks right then it most probably is right.

Offline bob lawrence

• Awards
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2019, 04:18:05 PM »
Iíve used DAS clay. Rolled into a cigar shape, placed between the tracks and flattened using a piece of dowel of suitable length. The dowel makes it level with the tops of the track and cuts off the excess.
 I then use small pieces of DAS placed onto the surface and rolled in using the dowel, this gives a cracked surface effect. A wagon can be ran along the tracks. I have found careful use of a Peco track rubber is sufficient to clean the track.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 04:19:50 PM by bob lawrence »

Please Support Us!
July Goal: £160.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Total Receipts: £65.00
Below Goal: £95.00
Site Currency: GBP
41% 
July Donations

Advertise Here