!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Withiel  (Read 14159 times)

Offline anselm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 20354
    • Awards
Withiel
« on: December 03, 2011, 02:58:10 PM »
I started this thread in layout planning but we have at last moved in to the construction phase.  The shed is up; the baseboards have arrived, the plans have been revised followiing lots of helpful suggestions and the track is being laid.  Today I laid the track over the join between two boards, cut them and checked that everything was still aligned.  This shows how far I have got:

Ian :)

Offline Tank

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+30)
    • Awards
Re: Withiel
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2011, 03:14:09 PM »
Looks like a great shed with a posh floor! ;D  The baseboards look solid and a great start on teh track laying. :thumbsup:

Offline Oldman

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Grumpy old git who hates sport
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2011, 03:48:27 PM »
Looks like a great shed with a posh floor! ;D  The baseboards look solid and a great start on teh track laying. :thumbsup:
Definately posh shed looking at that picture. 8)
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+68)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2011, 04:49:56 PM »
Ian - are you sure that's not somebody's sauna :smiley-laughing: I've never seen such a clean shed. Shed certainly sums up my own, which is not particularly weatherproof/spiderproof/waspproof etc so there's no way I could use it for a railway. Layout is looking good - keep the piccies coming please :camera: :thumbsup:

Offline anselm

• Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2011, 05:33:35 PM »
Ian - are you sure that's not somebody's sauna :smiley-laughing:

Just a new shed this year!  I like the idea of a sauna but not sure of the effect on plywood baseboard  ;)

Just a vinyl! Glad you like it!  :smiley-laughing: Baseboards from B and R Baseboards.  My first time with flexitrack and really enjoying it. I also enjoy the wiring which sounds a little sad!  ;D

Offline Flakmunky

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2011, 09:43:12 PM »
Looks like you will have a good long station there. I like the curves...

Was it an off-the-shelf shed?

If you find a post helpful, thank the poster... Up there to the right of their name! :) ↑↑↑↑↑↑↑

Current Build: Barnton Yard - An Inglenook dock

My previous build: My BR 1980's Layout Thread

Offline anselm

• Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2011, 09:09:17 AM »
Was it an off-the-shelf shed?

Sorry not to have responded sooner.  The shed is a Caspian interlocking shed from Woodlands in Station Road, Leeds.  I chose the 44mm thick walls with double glazing - and its very cosy in this cold weather!  I had someone erect it for me but you can do it yoourself.  :thumbsup:

Offline Andy

• Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2011, 07:49:36 PM »
I had hoped to find some detail about baseboard construction, or details on this layout's costs, etc. But like so many topics and subsequent exchanges it just degenerates - all very disappointing!!

Offline Dock Shunter

• Trade Count: (+10)
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2011, 08:39:40 PM »
I had hoped to find some detail about baseboard construction, or details on this layout's costs, etc. But like so many topics and subsequent exchanges it just degenerates - all very disappointing!!

Andy....some people don't give details of baseboard construction or other topics unless specifically asked as they may feel that they are going over ground that has already been covered.
I am sure if you were to ask on this and any other subject then you will find members only too
willing to help.

« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 02:47:54 AM by Dock Shunter »

Offline Tank

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+30)
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2011, 06:20:15 PM »

I'm more than disappointed by your own post.  You could have asked the questions yourself and they would most likely have been answered.  I'm afraid that if you feel that the posts on this forum are not to your needs then this is obviously the wrong forum for you - especially as you have contributed nothing to the forum yourself. 

Offline Flakmunky

• Awards
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2011, 05:05:18 PM »
Anselm - thanks for the info... I've been after a decent shed for a while now!

Have you made any more progress on the layout? I'm looking forward to seeing this develop further.

« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 09:11:37 PM by Flakmunky, Reason: Lawrence is right. Lets keep the thread on topic... Anselm\'s layout! »
If you find a post helpful, thank the poster... Up there to the right of their name! :) ↑↑↑↑↑↑↑

Current Build: Barnton Yard - An Inglenook dock

My previous build: My BR 1980's Layout Thread

Offline anselm

• Awards
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2011, 08:53:05 PM »
I had hoped to find some detail about baseboard construction

Andy, I think you might have overlooked my post 3 before yours when I identified the baseboards as coming from B and R Baseboards.  You will find that they have a comprehensive website with full details and costs.  As to the rest; the track and points are Peco code 80 whose prices readily available from lots of online retailers.

I haven't found that the comments on this thread have "degenerated".  I have nothing but praise for the help, advice and good humour found on this forum.

Ian

Offline Lawrence

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • N Gauge Society Number: Closed
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2011, 09:06:01 PM »
I would hate for this to detract from Ian's exciting build, I am sure Andy has got the message so I think it is probably best if we all concentrate on what Ian is doing with the layout from this point on.
Thank you

Offline pippindoo

• Pipp's Piccie Page!
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2011, 11:53:58 AM »
Just 'if' anyone wants any further details on the aforementined shed buildings, I live 2 minutes from Woodlands DIY where Anslem ordered his from and will gladly collect some details to either post here or forward to members. No connection with them at all but been a customer for many years. Cheers!
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 11:55:52 AM by pippindoo »

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+68)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2011, 01:16:37 PM »
Just 'if' anyone wants any further details on the aforementined shed buildings, I live 2 minutes from Woodlands DIY where Anslem ordered his from and will gladly collect some details to either post here or forward to members. No connection with them at all but been a customer for many years. Cheers!

Hi Pippindoo - welcome to the forum and thanks for a helpful first post. Long may you remain and be content. :wave:

Please Support Us!
November Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Nov 30
Total Receipts: £25.00
Below Goal: £35.00
Site Currency: GBP
42% 
November Donations

Advertise Here