!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Track Expansion/contraction  (Read 2194 times)

Offline kirky

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 18171
    • Facebook
    • Awards
Re: Track Expansion/contraction
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2013, 02:51:00 PM »
Thanks for those comments guys.
I agree whole heatedly that direct sunlight is a major problem. As pointed out in my post yesterday, the temperature at the club on Thursday was 31 Celsius in the shade but in direct sunlight at least 45 Celsius, at 10:30 in the morning! A Temperature like that is a rail bending temperature.
Unfortunately we cant do much about direct sunlight as the window is 20 feet up. However,  I will be bringing the problem to the attention of the committee.
Today at the club, it was a very pleasant 20 Celsius.  :claphappy:
Cheers
Kiky
Northallerton will make its next public appearance at the LINCOLN MODEL RAILWAY CLUB ANNUAL EXHIBITION Feb 29th -1st Mar 2020

Layout: Northallerton: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=1671.msg16930#msg16930

www.northallertonngauge.co.uk

Cleveland Model Railway club website: www.clevelandmrc.club

Offline EtchedPixels

• Advertiser
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 16353
  • 2mm Association Number: 4412
    • Ebay
    • Google+
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Etched Pixels
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2013, 03:31:39 PM »
This is apparently why you will see the sides of some pointwork in 1:1 scale is nowdays painted white.

Alan
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Offline kirky

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 18171
    • Facebook
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2013, 04:40:46 PM »
This is apparently why you will see the sides of some pointwork in 1:1 scale is nowdays painted white.

Alan

Thanks for that Alan.
I'd often wondered why rails are painted white. I seem to recall there are some white rails at Darlington, but under the canopy.
Northallerton will make its next public appearance at the LINCOLN MODEL RAILWAY CLUB ANNUAL EXHIBITION Feb 29th -1st Mar 2020

Layout: Northallerton: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=1671.msg16930#msg16930

www.northallertonngauge.co.uk

Cleveland Model Railway club website: www.clevelandmrc.club

Please Support Us!
February Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Feb 29
Total Receipts: £65.00
Above Goal: £5.00
Site Currency: GBP
108% 
February Donations

Advertise Here
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal