New Server: Thank you for your patience. We moved to our new server. Everything should be back to normal EXCEPT for the Gallery. We will have that restored shortly and will make an announcement. If you see something that is not working please report it here: Server Upgrade.

!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Official NGF Coach Tour Participant List and Rules - 2015  (Read 190598 times)

Offline Rabbitaway

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: Official NGF Coach Tour Participant List and Rules - 2015
« Reply #90 on: January 18, 2016, 08:33:53 PM »
All

I live close to Egham but may not be at the show

Can we fit in a photo shoot on my layout

Would save sending the coach back up from Dorset

Let me know

Thanks

Offline Tank

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+30)
    • Facebook
    • Instagram
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #91 on: January 18, 2016, 08:56:28 PM »
Sounds good to me.  I'll leave it to you guys to organise it.  ;)

Offline Bob Tidbury

• Facebook
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #92 on: January 18, 2016, 09:03:48 PM »
TANK Where is the coach going after The Bournmouth show Do I send it to Petercharlesfagg or is it staying with  Dorsetmike .
I have sent a PM to Rabbitaway to find out where he lives if it's not that faraway from the show at Egham I  said I might be able to pop in on my way home to let him photo it on his layout. But it does depend where exactly he lives.
Bob
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 09:06:24 PM by Bob Tidbury »

Offline Dorsetmike

• N Gauge Society Number: 2365
  • Grumpy old fart
« Reply #93 on: January 18, 2016, 09:11:04 PM »
All I want is photos/videos of it on the N layouts at the Bournemouth show Feb 6/7, I can send it on to PCF or let Bob take it after the show, my home layout is not yet in photogenic condition!
Cheers MIKE
(Sorry, but you are not allowed to access the gallery)

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Offline Rabbitaway

• Awards
« Reply #94 on: January 18, 2016, 10:27:51 PM »
Tank

I have been in touch with Bob and we should be able to sort something out with me picking the coach up at the Egham show

Thanks

Offline petercharlesfagg

• Sadly Passed Away
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23769
    • Ebay
    • Facebook
    • Awards
« Reply #95 on: January 19, 2016, 12:35:40 AM »
All I want is photos/videos of it on the N layouts at the Bournemouth show Feb 6/7, I can send it on to PCF or let Bob take it after the show, my home layout is not yet in photogenic condition!

Not sure if it is a good idea sending it to me!

I have neither layout nor baseboard at this moment in time!

I am awaiting an estimate from a carpenter to construct a level baseboard that I can raise to the ceiling! ( Trying to think positively towards gaining some pleasure in the time I have left)

I had completely forgotten about the coach!

regards, Peter.
Each can do but little, BUT if each did that little, ALL would be done!

Life is like a new sewer pipe, what you get out of it depends on what you put into it!

A day without laughter is a day wasted!

Offline anselm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 20354
    • Awards
« Reply #96 on: January 19, 2016, 10:35:31 AM »
Tank

I have been in touch with Bob and we should be able to sort something out with me picking the coach up at the Egham show

Thanks

I think I follow Rabbitaway and this is just to say that I am happy to fit in with any arrangements, including delaying receiving the coach if that helps.  I'm not able to get to any of the upcoming shows so it will mean using the post.  All I need to do now is try to conjure up a story to explain how a Mark 2 coach appeared in Devon/Cornwall in the period 1955/65;  I suppose it could have been an early test version?

Ian

Offline railsquid

• N Gauge Society Number: 25547
    • My model railway website
    • Awards
« Reply #97 on: January 19, 2016, 11:07:31 AM »
Tank

Thanks

I think I follow Rabbitaway and this is just to say that I am happy to fit in with any arrangements, including delaying receiving the coach if that helps.  I'm not able to get to any of the upcoming shows so it will mean using the post.  All I need to do now is try to conjure up a story to explain how a Mark 2 coach appeared in Devon/Cornwall in the period 1955/65;  I suppose it could have been an early test version?

Maybe @Chris in Prague can come up with something: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=31019.msg353977#msg353977
Takahachikawa - Japanese and other trains

Birmingham Knotmore Street - (ex) GWR mainline through the Midlands

Offline Chris in Prague

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 24400
    • Awards
« Reply #98 on: January 19, 2016, 06:04:06 PM »
The prototype Mark 2, FK 13252, was built in 1963, (it's now preserved by the National Railway Museum and on loan to the Mid-Norfolk Railway). The first Mark 2 coaches were constructed as early as 1964–66 (see my BR SR Green Mark 2 FK on Cant Cove) but the 'production' Mark 2A series (as modelled by Graham Farish) did not appear until 1967–68. So, if you can pretend that it is a Mark 2 on trial then you can justify it appearing in Devon/Cornwall in the period 1964/65.

Offline Bob Tidbury

• Facebook
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #99 on: January 19, 2016, 07:14:17 PM »
 :hellosign: Anselm  I'm Bob if Rabbitaway borrows the coach on Saturday I'm going to take it to Southampton Show in case there is a Forum members layout there , Then down to Bournemouth Show for Dorset Mike to photo it on the layouts there then as Mike says you only live in Berkhampstead  you can come over to High Wycombe and pick it up if you would like to see my layout as I don't like driving I go with Ray from BHE to all these shows   if not I will try and persuade my wife to run me over to you or I will post it to you.My layout is DC 20ftx8ft there is a few old video clips on Utube
Stonehouse N Gauge Layout.  A new clip will go on showing the Forum coach while I have it.
Bob

Offline anselm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 20354
    • Awards
« Reply #100 on: January 19, 2016, 08:39:41 PM »
Thanks Bob.  Will pm you.
Ian

Offline PostModN66

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 17980
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #101 on: January 23, 2016, 08:28:02 PM »
Progress report:

Coach taken by Rabbitaway from the Egham show, returned then taken away by Bob Tidbury.

Nice to see both of you at the show guys!

Cheers Jon  :)
“We must conduct research and then accept the results. If they don't stand up to experimentation, Buddha's own words must be rejected.” ― Dalai Lama XIV

My Postmodern Image Layouts

Lofthole http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=14792.msg147178#msg147178

Deansmoor http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=14741.msg146381#msg146381

Offline Bob Tidbury

• Facebook
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #102 on: January 23, 2016, 08:44:58 PM »
Next stop Stonehouse then next weekend Southampton just as a publicity showing then Bournemouth Show the first week in February to be photographed on some members layouts then I will post it up to Anselm .not Perercharles fagg as on the list unfortunately his layout isn't ready and his eyesight is not good at the moment,this is has all been given the go ahead by the boss TANK so I hope this hasn't upset anybody thinking they will miss thier turn.
Thanks to PostModN66 for a very nice look behind the scenes of Deansmore and to Rabbitaway for trying to get the coach back to the show on time despite the horrendous  traffic in his area my friend and his wife were getting a little bit fed up waiting for me , but they did understand , in fact we got held up a little while going through Slough on our way home.
Cheers
Bob
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 09:37:28 PM by Bob Tidbury, Reason: Can\'t spell »

Offline Rabbitaway

• Awards
« Reply #103 on: January 23, 2016, 09:19:14 PM »
Bob

Apologises for the delay in getting the coach back to show. It would appear the world decided to go shopping in Staines jamming up the traffic!

Look forward to seeing the photos of the coach on your layout

Jon

Great layout, best in show in my view!

I will try and get my photos of the coach on Fintry Junction on the forum tomorrow

All the best

:thankyousign:

Offline Bob Tidbury

• Facebook
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #104 on: January 23, 2016, 09:35:10 PM »
Rabbitaway the photos will be in a folder in my media next week as I still haven't rememberd how to get the photos into a post and the video will go on Utube if I Can remember how I done that ,I'm an absolute idiot when it comes to this modern technology ,It took several members quite a while to get it into my thick skull in the first place unless I do it over and over again I just forget .
Perhaps I can get my five year old grandson to help me he ( TIDED UP HIS MUMS IPHONE BY PUTTING ALL HER ICONS INTO ONE ) it took her a while to sort it out. I wish I was young again.
Cheers
Bob
« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 06:38:38 PM by Bob Tidbury »

Please Support Us!
December Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Dec 31
Total Receipts: £120.00
Above Goal: £65.00
Site Currency: GBP
218% 
December Donations

Advertise Here