Reading forum posts...

Started by Zogbert Splod, June 04, 2015, 04:16:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sprintex

Quote from: austinbob on June 04, 2015, 08:40:17 PM
Quote from: Bob Tidbury on June 04, 2015, 08:14:54 PM
If we didn't have points our trains would just go round and round ,and that would be boring.
Bob
You're absolutely right Bob but if we had nothing but points our trains would not go round at all!
:)

You think? ;)

Paul

Bob Tidbury

If all those points were sidings then you would have one hell of choice of trains to run on the circle it would really be THE CIRCLE LINE but they would have to be DMUs or push pull trains or 14xxwith auto coach so they could reverse back in to the siding again , of course some of you with DCC and computers could do a program for random selection of which train ran next,
By the way I only joined just over a year ago but I'm just as mad as most of you already,I used to be quite sensible once upon a time .
Bob

Mito

This is a pointless discussion. We're just going round in circles :toot:
Now where's the nearest funny farm? ???
You know you're getting older when your mind makes commitments your body can't meet.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=24101.0 Off on a journey

Sprintex

Quote from: Mito on June 04, 2015, 10:05:49 PM

You mean you haven't realised yet . . . . .

Paul

Mito

Quote from: Sprintex on June 04, 2015, 10:07:12 PM
Quote from: Mito on June 04, 2015, 10:05:49 PM

You mean you haven't realised yet . . . . .

Paul

Of course I'm all right, it's just the other people........... :hmmm:
You know you're getting older when your mind makes commitments your body can't meet.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=24101.0 Off on a journey

railsquid

Quote from: Sprintex on June 04, 2015, 09:12:33 PM
If we didn't have points our trains would just go round and round ,and that would be boring.
Bob
You're absolutely right Bob but if we had nothing but points our trains would not go round at all!

You think? ;)

Paul

And here's one I made earlier.

Zogbert Splod

Where's the sticky back plastic?  GET DOWN SHEP!
"When in trouble, when in doubt, run (trains) in circles..." etc.
There, doesn't that feel better? 
Lovely!

Planning thread:
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=25873.0

My website: Zog Trains

Run what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law
I may appear to be listening to you, but inside my head, I'm playing with my trains.

D1042 Western Princess

Quote from: scotsoft on June 04, 2015, 06:32:26 PM
There are a few pointless threads on the forum and this collection of pointless and factual is what helps keep this forum from getting stuffy.  I realised after reading the first post that it was not to be taken seriously and even joined in myself.  So once you realise this is a bit of fun, it is very easy to ignore it if you are not interested.

cheers John.

Absolutely true. What's life for if not to enjoy?
Even when I was playing trains with my big layout (the 12" to 1' one) as a Guard on BR, then all the way through Thames Trains to First Great Western the ONLY thing I took seriously was safety.
I'm certainly not going to get too worried about my N Gauge layout - or this site; life is far too short for that.
Keep the wheels turning Zogbert, and thanks for the smiles.
:thankyousign:
If it's not a Diesel Hydraulic then it's not a real locomotive.

D1042 Western Princess

Bob

Ah, but just think how much cheaper they would be to build! :)

D1042 Western Princess

Bob

Ah, but we could as shown above by Sprintex and Railsquid. By linking up all the curved bits of all the points we could go round and round, and that's the straight answer to this point. Of course we could just use curved points then we would never get a straight answer!

P/S I was going to say this discussion is now going round in circles and getting pointless but that would be getting off the point so I won't. :no:

Bealman

Sorta reminds me of the particle accelerator at CERN. You could fang a loco around and around until it reached almost light speed, switch a point to hurl it down a straight track into a wall, and hey presto, you've discovered the Hicks Boson.  :D :laugh3:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

austinbob

Quote from: railsquid on June 05, 2015, 12:47:10 AM

You think? ;)

Paul

And here's one I made earlier.

[/quote]

OK you've made your point.
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

Agrippa

Quote from: Bealman on June 05, 2015, 07:12:39 AM
Sorta reminds me of the particle accelerator at CERN. You could fang a loco around and around until it reached almost light speed, switch a point to hurl it down a straight track into a wall, and hey presto, you've discovered the Hicks Boson.  :D :laugh3:

Is that related to the Higgs Boson or the Hoggs Bison?

PS is fang Oz for project at high speed or a jaggy thing in a shark's mouth?
Nothing is certain but death and taxes -Benjamin Franklin

Bealman

Over here all sharks have teeth, all snakes have fangs and all spiders have 8 legs. You steer clear of all of 'em.  ;)
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Please Support Us!
June Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: £0.00
Below Goal: £100.00
Site Currency: GBP
 0%