!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: New Video - Anglezarke & Belmont Model Railway  (Read 909 times)

Offline Tdm

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
New Video - Anglezarke & Belmont Model Railway
« on: April 18, 2015, 03:44:42 PM »
I have just uploaded a new video of my Tenerife storeroom DC operated layout to YouTube, which includes in it both moving and still images of most of my rolling stock. 

Most of the footage was shot using my camcorder placed on a new tripod just acquired, but also includes some old footage (of a test of Train-Techs sound module) taken when the camcorder was solely hand help, and the difference is quite noticeable.

As my 7th floor storeroom is very small, and the layout “buts” against 3 solid walls (and has a main road outside and apartments all around), it made it difficult to find somewhere to stand the camcorder to do the filming, and a lot of the footage had to be taken from the only space at the operation control end.

The location of the storeroom also means that some traffic noise is picked up from outside, and at one point in the film you can also hear the cleaners talking in the corridor outside when they came to change the linen in the apartment next door.

When watching it is worth pointing out that the main line loops round twice using both an outside and middle track, but the inside track is just a single loop “up & over” figure of 8, but the design does allow 2 trains to be run at the same time.

My latest offering is nowhere near what I would call a “good model railway video”, but it is in my opinion an improvement on all previous efforts, and in it I have tried to show quite a number of my locomotives actually running round the track.

Click on the YouTube menu screen below to view it and make sure you have the sound switched on, the whole video lasts just under 15 minutes in total.

http://youtu.be/bZ-TG0A4ms0
« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 03:47:33 PM by Tdm »

Offline Tdm

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: New Video - Anglezarke & Belmont Model Railway
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2015, 10:59:19 AM »
Have today just done an edit on the video in YouTube, using the YouTube "stabilise" option to try and improve the footage at the end (sound test) that was shot before I acquired a tripod.

Not sure though whether it has made this part of the recording better or worse as it makes the frame around the footage go up & down whilst keeping the content steady, but I find that a little distracting.

Maybe in the future I will re-shoot the "sound test" part using the tripod, as I want to test the "diesel" sound model as well as the steam one when I return from the U.K. in a couple of weeks time with it.

As well as picking this module up from my son's house in Chester, will also be bringing home the B.R.Lines repaired locomotives which Bob has sent there - a Blue D1 Deltic prototype, an "old" Network Rail Class 31, and an EWS liveried Class 37.

Should also be in the package some driveshafts to fit the modified Class 55 I recently bought as a "used" item from Hattons, but which only ran for about an hour before breaking one of it's shafts.

Leave for the U.K. on the 27th of this month and won't be accessing this Forum whilst away as having an ear test, a prostrate biopsy, and attending a Wedding in Mold (in that order), so won't have much time for accessing the Internet. Back in Tenerife on May 6th.

PS. Oh and by the way also found out regarding the video that by upping the pixel count using the "cog" shaped "settings" option on the video start screen it does improve the quality of the video when watching.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 11:02:16 AM by Tdm »

Please Support Us!
September Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Total Receipts: £71.00
Above Goal: £11.00
Site Currency: GBP
118% 
September Donations

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal