How to get exhibition invitations - Not being a memeber of a Club

Started by paulprice, February 28, 2015, 09:42:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Komata

Gentlemen

Thank you  for the replies; I can see where a misunderstanding has occurred.  I would never 'gatecrash' a party (simply not done sir, even in the farthest reaches of the South Pacific) and had only taken the Kaiser's for the Club President's inspection in connection with his own work (which still isn't finished BTW: although it is a beautiful model).  That I was 'invited' to exhibit was somewhat surprising, and the post was included to show that it is possible to become an 'accidental' exhibitor when not even intending to.  Definitely NOT a case of 'hawking my wares' I can assure you, and had it not been for the visiting exhibitor nothing would have eventuated...

Hopefully this has clarified the situation.

(BTW: In the interests of 'politeness' and out of respect to the parties involved, recent events in a noble game involving bats, bails, wickets, bails and a lot of standing-around, will not be discussed...)
"TVR - Serving the Northern Taranaki . . . "

Bealman

No, I'm afraid it just wasn't cricket, was it (unless you happen to be from Sri Lanka)... oops....  :D

On second thoughts, I shouldn't be so smart after a woeful collapse in Auckland on Saturday  :-[
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Komata

"TVR - Serving the Northern Taranaki . . . "

Agrippa

Nothing is certain but death and taxes -Benjamin Franklin

Bealman

LBW, methinks....

But,  :bump: back on topic, I hope you do gets some invites, Paul...  your great layout is most definitely exhibition standard.  :thumbsup:

paulprice

Quote from: Bealman on March 02, 2015, 03:02:55 AM
LBW, methinks....

But,  :bump: back on topic, I hope you do gets some invites, Paul...  your great layout is most definitely exhibition standard.  :thumbsup:

Thanks for your kind comments but the layout still has a very long way to go

Bealman

All of them do, buddy! The corny old model railway saying that "a layout is never finished" is actually true.

Don't tell anybody I said that. Ooops I just told everybody.

Please keep the forum posted, Paul... obviously my location means I probably can't get to the second outing, but I'll lay odds that there are a few UK members who would love to attend.

Good luck!

George

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £100.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £90.67
Below Goal: £9.33
Site Currency: GBP
91% 
May Donations