!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Forthcoming Pacifics  (Read 1448 times)

MTSI Rail

• Trade Count: (0)
Forthcoming Pacifics
« on: November 09, 2011, 07:54:42 PM »
Have just seen announcement in Model Rail of new Dapol steamers - ex-LNER A3, A4 and ex SR WC/BB The A4 looks reasonable but the A3 chimney and banjo top feed are terrible - granted these are pre-production models but I have a horrible feeling that they could be going to do it again.......... ::) ::) ::). There wasn't a picture of the model Spamcan - but they announce both original and rebuilt versions. We shall have to wait and see.

Offline fisherman

• Trade Count: (+1)
    • Awards
Re: Forthcoming Pacifics
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2011, 08:02:44 PM »
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
decent west countries!!!

@ last!!!!
<o({{{<<

Offline MacRat

• Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2011, 08:21:46 PM »
4 weeks ago a thread run here: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=2282.0

It has been admitted by Dapol that the shown A3 is a shoehorned version to have it on display.
A3. We do have all the variants available to produce from the tooling, and the picture of the banjo dome showed a quickly scabbed on dome from a first EP model. This will be flush mounted for production samples, and the manufactrers plate will be removed form the smoke deflector and replaced (wher necessary in the correct position on the cab side or smoke deflector or not at all (if correct) by an etched brass one. (see reference with full context)

MTSI Rail

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2011, 03:55:37 PM »
Thanks Macrat - I am guilty of not following every thread on the forum! I just hope they pay some attention to the chimney as well - as I implied at the outet - we shall see........

Online silly moo

• N Gauge Society Number: 28102
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2012, 06:22:06 PM »
Has anyone heard anything about when the BoB and West Countries will be on sale? I read on R M Web that the cad cam drawings have been done, I'm hoping for June but I think it will is more likely to be September.

Regards

Veronica

:Dapol:

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2012, 09:41:05 PM »
Nothing to back this up, but my guess would be TINGS in September (fingers crossed)

Offline Jerry Howlett

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 11284
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2012, 11:13:07 PM »
Hope its later in the year , got to get the Blue Pullman first then I can spend another month or so persuading Mrs H what a great investment a nice southern engine will be... ::)
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

Please Support Us!
February Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Feb 29
Total Receipts: £65.00
Above Goal: £5.00
Site Currency: GBP
108% 
February Donations

Advertise Here
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal