!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: The Train Book , By Dorling Kindersley Review  (Read 728 times)

Offline silly moo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 28102
    • Awards
The Train Book , By Dorling Kindersley Review
« on: January 27, 2015, 04:04:30 PM »
The Train Book , By Dorling Kindersley

Book Review: This is a great BIG glossy coffee table book. It is rather pricey and I wouldn't have bought it for myself but I was very happy to get it as a Christmas present.

It is described as "The Definitive Visual History" on the cover. The cover features Mallard's big blue nose in profile.

There are pictures of over 400 locomotives and trains of all types starting with the earliest and going on to the most up to date.

The photographs are beautiful. Quite a few of them were taken of museum exhibits in tip top condition, no grubby steam engines here. Each chapter starts with an introduction which is followed by double page spreads featuring photographs and brief descriptions of the locos or trains. Interspersed with these are in depth, detailed, mainly photographic features on iconic locos, trains and rolling stock.

Not everyone will agree with the selection of locos and trains, most of your favourites will probably be there but I for one was surprised that the Intercity 125 trains and class 43 diesels only warranted a very small photograph and description, maybe they were all too busy working to have their photographs taken!

The book showcases Trains from all over the world with those from Britain and America predominating.

If you are a fan of coffee table books you will probably like this one but if you prefer more in depth information it may not be your cup of tea.

With a price of 25 I would suggest that if you think you might like this book you go and have a look at it in a bookshop before lugging it home.

Veronica.

ISBN: 978-1-4093-4796-5

Score: 3

Please Support Us!
July Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Total Receipts: £55.00
Below Goal: £5.00
Site Currency: GBP
92% 
July Donations

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal