So You've Succumbed........ And Had To Buy.................?

Started by mickeyflinn, December 13, 2014, 10:23:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

austinbob

Quote from: austinbob on December 14, 2014, 10:03:07 AM
Quote from: NeMo on December 14, 2014, 10:00:33 AM
Quote from: austinbob on December 14, 2014, 09:57:49 AM
Its supposed to be green - I've ordered one on that basis. I believe there is another thread discussing this issue which came to the conclusion its green.
Thanks. I just e-mailed them. 2D-012-006 is supposedly the green 22 with white (~1930s) United Dairies tankers. But blue with silver tankers would be more useful to me. We shall see what they say!

Cheers, NeMo

Unfortunately the Blue version is still at full price of £179.95 if you order it from Dapol direct.

For your info you can get the Blue version from Hattons at £142.
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

Pengi

Quote from: newportnobby on December 13, 2014, 03:13:41 PM
With my main layout being based in Oxfordshire there was no way I could justify a Blue Pullman (Rule 1 doesn't exist for me :no:) but when it came out I just had to have one.
Everything else I have can be justified :)

I think they did run in Oxfordshire, from 1967 - 69 Another link
Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

Calnefoxile

Well there were 2 models for me:

No. 1 being the Blue Pullman, being a Leicester lad I remember my dad telling me about them running through when they were new.

No.2 being the Class 70, just had to have one, I think they look great, a sweet oasis of difference in the vast boring desert of Class 66's!!!!!!!!!

Regards

Neal.

Newportnobby

Quote from: Pengi on December 14, 2014, 10:15:24 AM
Quote from: newportnobby on December 13, 2014, 03:13:41 PM
With my main layout being based in Oxfordshire there was no way I could justify a Blue Pullman (Rule 1 doesn't exist for me :no:) but when it came out I just had to have one.
Everything else I have can be justified :)

I think they did run in Oxfordshire, from 1967 - 69 Another link

Thanks Pengi :thumbsup: I think this was the clincher for me..........

In the end when the LMR cars did arrive there was a new non-stop Oxford service which covered the 63 1/2 miles in one hour, starting on the 6th March 1967. They were also used on additional Bristol trains which stopped at Bath. The "Bristol Pullman" made use of both 6-car sets on the 08:45 from Bristol and 17:45 return.

BudgieJane

When I find a Farish 4CEP going for £100 or less, I just have to buy it. Let me know if you know of any.

I'd like a class 70, but it must be in Colas livery, and if someone issues one, I'll just have to buy one.

And as for electrostar classes 375/377 and similar: if anyone issues one I'll just have to buy a couple of dozen.
Best wishes

Jane

railsquid

I'd like to add, for the sake of any manufacturers reading this, that I would readily succumb to a) a Class 33 (of the Crompton persuasion) and a Class 50 (of the Hoover persuasion).

Izzy

Scograil (Ipswich) has 4CEP's in all colours @ £99, 101's 3-car blue & blue/grey @ £79 and various other offers at present. i.e. Blue Pullman £179, 350 emu's £99 etc

www.scograil.co.uk

Izzy

railsquid

alypar11

You're a wicked man Izzy, that has just cost me £100 for a green CEP...... :thankyousign:

SD35

If I ever come across anymore Dapol 86s in Intercity livery out there I guarantee I will succumb.

That said, I managed to pick one up from Australia on ebay last month with a decoder fitted for fifty odd quid including postage.

ChrisWV10

Quote from: Bealman on December 14, 2014, 03:18:36 AM
Great to see so many people succumbing to a BP. By the way, they look like this  :D
[smg id=9027 type=preview align=center width=400]

Dagnabbit, don't do that! My wallet broke out in a cold sweat  :D

My treat to myself from TINGS from the Farish scrum which I just couldn't resist at 70 quid. I wasn't going to get another Tornado (I have it in *cough* OO) but at that price, in blue livery I just had to have it.

C. :)

Bealman

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

BudgieJane

Quote from: alypar11 on December 14, 2014, 03:10:07 PM
You're a wicked man Izzy, that has just cost me £100 for a green CEP...... :thankyousign:

You didn't have to buy it; you could have left it for me  :) But I mustn't be too greedy; I got 4 of them.  :NGF:

It seems they have now run out of all of their Farish 4CEPs. I don't suppose they'll get any more at that price.
Best wishes

Jane

Pengi

A Dapol voyager (because my Farish ones are so s-l-o-w) plus a Desiro (although in the wrong livery for me)

More Voyagers . . .

And a BP - a bit too ancient for my layout but I have my late father's Triang/Hornby OO version and it it a lovely looking train

And then a whole load of ICE trains . .
Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations