!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Longcroft  (Read 106160 times)

Offline Milton Rail

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25213
    • Awards
Re: Longcroft
« Reply #645 on: October 25, 2019, 10:17:50 AM »
Cracking collection of loco's, envious of those class 58's in railfreight livery.

Offline crewearpley40

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
« Reply #646 on: October 25, 2019, 10:45:31 AM »
pretty impressive fleet of locos

Online Trainfish

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21524
  • IPAholic
    • Ebay
    • My layout, Longcroft under construction
    • Awards
« Reply #647 on: October 26, 2019, 12:21:45 AM »
Thanks for that. You do a very good Rick Wright and Roger Waters! I learned to play that song too. It's a good one. :thumbsup:

That track was from the Roger Waters version of The Wall. If you haven't seen it and you're a Floyd fan then it's an absolute must. You could get it on a "Buy & keep" deal from Sky but I'm not sure if it's still available.
John

To see my layout "Longcroft" which is currently under construction, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it!

<*))))><

See my Youtube video channel          >>>>>>>> here <<<<<<<<          >>>>>>>> or here <<<<<<<<          >>>>>>>> or here <<<<<<<<

Online Trainfish

• IPAholic
    • Ebay
    • Awards
« Reply #648 on: October 26, 2019, 12:48:35 AM »
Cracking collection of loco's, envious of those class 58's in railfreight livery.

You mean these in the best livery they ever carried? I was gutted when I got 'back into' railways a few years ago to find they had all been scrapped. Apart from the class 59 they were pretty much the newest and most modern loco I saw in my spotting days.

58 012

58 023

They are great models and run well. I wouldn't mind a few more numbered differently.

There are several of my videos which feature the class 58's including my very first video upload where 1 of them hauls 43 Yeoman wagons at speed. I have 68 of those now and am confident that the 58 would haul them with ease.

And here running in tandem
John

To see my layout "Longcroft" which is currently under construction, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it!

<*))))><

See my Youtube video channel          >>>>>>>> here <<<<<<<<          >>>>>>>> or here <<<<<<<<          >>>>>>>> or here <<<<<<<<

Online Trainfish

• IPAholic
    • Ebay
    • Awards
« Reply #649 on: October 26, 2019, 12:50:59 AM »
Very impressed with your Floyd rendition, John.
The wife thinks I have too many but I disagree

Quite right - only one Warship is unforgiveable :telloff:

Sorry Mick but like the kettles they were a bit before my time although I did see a few at Swindon works back in the 70's. Doesn't mean I won't add a couple more in the future though.
John

<*))))><

Online Trainfish

• IPAholic
    • Ebay
    • Awards
« Reply #650 on: November 09, 2019, 12:22:12 AM »
Stuck some track down today, that's it, no pictures. Maybe something in the next few days, weeks, months.....................
John

<*))))><

Online Trainfish

• IPAholic
    • Ebay
    • Awards
« Reply #651 on: November 11, 2019, 12:22:35 AM »
It may not look much but to a busy man like myself this has been a busy weekend. Ok, just a couple of hours today then.  :goggleeyes:

I've started laying code 55 track at 1 end of the station and also stuck down another platform. See, not loads but it's progress  :thumbsup:

Ok, so this was just sticking down some track which wasn't stuck down very well previously on the upper testing level

Platform being glued down and load tested with IPA

End of the station and trying to fit all tracks in. Not an easy task believe me

This will be the driver's eye view travelling between platforms 6 and 7

A better focussed view

Sticking track down

Sticking platform down

Only the centre track and the right hand track are stuck at present. If I really push myself I could get the 3rd track and the next platform section stuck down before December  :goggleeyes:

« Last Edit: November 11, 2019, 12:33:08 AM by Trainfish »
John

<*))))><

Offline Graham

• N Gauge Society Number: 20459
  • Modelling modern image
    • Awards
« Reply #652 on: November 11, 2019, 03:34:57 AM »
its coming on, good things come to those who wait.

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #653 on: November 11, 2019, 10:01:27 AM »
Someone's been necking some of your IPA and putting the caps back on :o
I suspect @Bealman myself :-X

Online Bealman

• N Gauge Society Number: 23151
  • Promotion remains in the future
    • Awards
« Reply #654 on: November 11, 2019, 10:07:34 AM »
Actually I was going to comment on that earlier in the Aussie day when I first saw it.

But on close inspection, they're all the same level, and I suspect it's not even beer in there.

Over to you, Trainfish!  :beers:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #655 on: November 11, 2019, 10:09:18 AM »
Please tell me it's not recyc! :sick2: :worried:

Online Bealman

• N Gauge Society Number: 23151
  • Promotion remains in the future
    • Awards
« Reply #656 on: November 11, 2019, 10:11:22 AM »
Looks like old socks to me  :D
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Online Trainfish

• IPAholic
    • Ebay
    • Awards
« Reply #657 on: November 12, 2019, 12:36:27 AM »
Actually I was going to comment on that earlier in the Aussie day when I first saw it.

But on close inspection, they're all the same level, and I suspect it's not even beer in there.

Over to you, Trainfish!  :beers:

Ok guys, I have a confession to make. Those bottles have been refilled with water, nothing else Mick. Let's face it, with that amount of bottles there you couldn't possibly leave them full of beer for long could you? The beer situation in the loft has actually moved on recently with the free beer fridge picked up a few weeks ago. It is now populated as below.

Decent IPA from Lidl of all places. At 99p a can you just can't go wrong although the contents are rubbish for sticking down track so you just have to drink them instead.

I went in the loft earlier fully intending to mount a couple of servo point motors but forgot to take a drill with me. By the way does anyone know of a cheap battery drill with a proper chuck? I'll keep an eye out in Lidl (well, the wife has orders to anyway) as I don't need anything substantial to drill 8mm holes through mdf. I then realised that to be able to test them as I go along I will need to fit my Megapoints controllers. I have enough to fit 48 motors in total but I seemed to be indecisive as to where to site them. So I had another beer instead.

I then found I have a problem with 1 of my previously fitted and working fine Peco point motors. For some reason I just can't get my head around what's going on and I may end up rewiring them and actually writing down what colours do what. It got quite stressful in the end so I came downstairs. And had a beer.
I think the points issue may have to wait until the weekend.
John

<*))))><

Please Support Us!
November Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Nov 30
Total Receipts: £25.00
Below Goal: £35.00
Site Currency: GBP
42% 
November Donations

Advertise Here
anything