HELP !!!!. Addicted to buying rolling stock and locos

Started by sparky, August 21, 2014, 06:40:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Agrippa

Say £50 per loco and £10 per truck/coach gives about four grand!   :goggleeyes:

However compared with Bigrics's fleet it's a fleabite.

And I thought I was extravagant with four Peco DIY brake vans!
Nothing is certain but death and taxes -Benjamin Franklin

sparky

Whoops I did it again... I am sure that's a Brittany Speares classic...just ordered a couple of Dutch livery grampus wagons and a zaa for my Civils rake...and just 3 more pca and 2 more haas for the cement and coal rakes..I can't stop myself... Anyone know a good therapist :goggleeyes:

DJM Dave

Hi everyone, I'm David, and I have can addiction.

I can't stop buying Diesel Hydraulics. :'(

I try to give up, but everytime I think I have my addiction beat, bam, I see one and think, 'another can't hurt, I can give up anytime I want to', but I can't.

Yesterday a blue warship got delivered, and for a while I felt alive, but today I feel so dirty. One day, one day I'll, I'll............buy a 47!
N gauge Model Railway locomotive and rolling stock manufacturer.

DJM Dave

Quote from: Only Me on August 23, 2014, 03:15:06 PM
Maybe you need the ali forum for your CAN addiction ?? :D

Ps you could always sell me Welham Green Dave.. That would help you fund more hydraulics ;)

Lol you can always PM me with an offer  ;)
N gauge Model Railway locomotive and rolling stock manufacturer.

mereman

I have my addiction completely under control. I can walk pass a "bargain" anytime I want... it's just i don't want to :D
I keep forgetting to add Cheers Mike on the end of my posts....

So.....  Cheers Mike

silly moo

"The doctor said as he took his fees, 'There is no cure for this disease.'

Hillaire Belloc

Pengi

Being a sparky fan, there is not a lot to tempt me  :angel:. . . until i discovered Kato and the Continental/Japanese stock >:D

Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

petercharlesfagg

Quote from: GeeBee on August 21, 2014, 08:04:01 PM
Mine is laying track running to check all OK and then think if I just changed .............. will I ever get the scenery started!!!! 

This is also my addiction plus the fact that if I see something Blue or unusual or cheaper than others or I "need" just one more!!!

I am constantly broke!

Peter.
Each can do but little, BUT if each did that little, ALL would be done!

Life is like a new sewer pipe, what you get out of it depends on what you put into it!

A day without laughter is a day wasted!

4x2

Quote from: Pengi on August 23, 2014, 05:57:35 PM
Being a sparky fan, there is not a lot to tempt me  :angel:. . . until i discovered Kato and the Continental/Japanese stock >:D
Me too... The Japanese stuff is soooo tempting, i'm holding out so far but it's just a matter of time !  ::)

I already have a collection of US stuff and have already started with the German stuff (that's gonna be expensive... :doh:).

Expensive hobby this !
If it's got rails... you have my full, undivided attention - Steam, diesel and electric, 'tis all good !

Mike

Oldun

:whisper: I think you will find its a bit like smoking, once your addicted its hard to give up  :whistle:

Roger
Never take Life too serious, we are never going to make it out alive

Chocolate comes from cocoa which is a tree ... that makes it a plant which means ... chocolate is Salad !!!

sparky

grumbeast

Try modelling all over the world, after over 30 years of n scale ( my mum and dad bought me first n gauge when I was about 12) and 16 years in Canada, I have over 100 locos from 3 continents...

That said I've now learned to resist a little, as much as I love so many railroads, I do try and restrict my North American stuff to CN and CP

I think resistance comes with time :)

railsquid

Having just rediscovered this hobby, I've acquired 7 powered units (5 EMUs of varying designs) and two locomotives in the last couple of weeks. Need to hold off a bit until I get the layout built, and I'm going to restrict myself to the number of units which can be stabled on the layout. Good thing I like lots of points and sidings...  :hmmm:

Moreover, I've discovered a new financing method with health benefits - work stress got me into a bad snacking/energy drink habit, but by cutting those out and putting the money I would have spent into a savings box, methinks there is money to be had, which is already in the vicinity of funding an entire coach (though I'll hold out until I can get something with a motor in it) :idea:

scotsoft

That is a good idea and as you say will have health benefits as well  :thumbsup:

One of our members has financed his addiction to n gauge by giving up smoking and using the cash saved to buy rolling stock etc.

cheers John.

Please Support Us!
June Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: £0.00
Below Goal: £100.00
Site Currency: GBP
 0%