!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Poll

What do you think of this model?

Superb
6 (28.6%)
Good
9 (42.9%)
OK
5 (23.8%)
Poor
0 (0%)
Terrible
1 (4.8%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Author Topic: Graham Farish - Class 37's - From 1990's  (Read 3072 times)

Offline Tank

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+30)
    • Awards
Graham Farish - Class 37's - From 1990's
« on: January 22, 2011, 08:28:12 PM »
 :NGaugeForum:

Offline Chris

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 20957
    • Ebay
    • Google+
    • YouTube
    • My layout photos on Flickr
    • Awards
Re: Graham Farish - Class 37's - From 1990's
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2011, 08:53:45 AM »
This is an excellent model and streets ahead of the older Poole version which never looked right in my eyes. The Bachmann 37 is one of the best runners I've seen and the body proportions are much better.

Offline tadpole

• Trade Count: (+1)
    • Ebay
    • Facebook
    • PhotoBucket
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2012, 02:06:50 PM »
Yep, I like this one.
I have the Regional railways model, which looks great and runs smoothly and quietly, but slowly.
This is fine for my layout which is centred on a station so speeds are low, but if you're modelling an open stretch of line you'd rightly argue that my example is too slow.
Two rails good. Three better.

Offline Dr Al

• Trade Count: (+52)
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2012, 09:29:32 AM »
Yep, I like this one.
I have the Regional railways model, which looks great and runs smoothly and quietly, but slowly.
This is fine for my layout which is centred on a station so speeds are low, but if you're modelling an open stretch of line you'd rightly argue that my example is too slow.

It shouldn't be slow, so may need overhaul.....

Cheers,
Alan
Quote from: Roy L S
If Dr Al is online he may be able to provide a more comprehensive answer.

“We have also arranged things so that almost no one understands science and technology. This is a prescription for disaster. We might get away with it for a while, but sooner or later this combustible mixture of ignorance and power is going to blow up in our faces.” – Dr. Carl Sagan

Offline mickd247

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2014, 02:12:27 PM »
I have one of these which I think if from the 90's, but could be wrong :dunce:

Farish code 8036 running number 37699 in Railfreight Coal Sector livery

It's been stored in my loft for over 15 years so cannot comment and vote on it until it has had a good clean and lube job, but it will have to wait it's turn with all the other Farish loco's :laugh:

Offline mark100

• Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2014, 04:53:56 PM »
Our Paul
sold his class 20's,37's 47's and 56's and used the funds to purchase a second hand newer version of each class, it worked out 2 early versions for 1 newer version. they all looked good, but it looked weird having a Poole type body double heading with the newer type and a 8 year old stated that they looked different. We are still awaiting a large logo class 50 from Hatton's

Mark
You cant get better than a Betta Fish

Offline DesertHound

• N Gauge Society Number: 25245
    • www.thefarishshed.com
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2014, 06:38:15 PM »
Had to give this one a "Good". Bought mine recently secondhand from Janes Trains in Tooting, SE London. Haven't got my hands on the gubbins yet but it's the standard large diesel chassis from Grafar.

One issue my one has (Petroleum sector, good detailing so I think it's 90's) is that it appears as though the chassis has "elongated" somehow. The yellow end panels (head codes?) need to be popped off / on before / after body removal, since they are very tight. Even when on they are not a perfect fit.

Still, it's a Poole example so in my book gets a "Good"  :P
Visit www.thefarishshed.com for all things Poole Farish and have the confidence to look under the bonnet of your locos!

Offline Dr Al

• Trade Count: (+52)
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2014, 06:43:43 PM »
One issue my one has (Petroleum sector, good detailing so I think it's 90's) is that it appears as though the chassis has "elongated" somehow.

Bear in mind that as well as this, the Poole 37 is actually too long - it's overscale as it uses the 47 chassis block. Not greatly noticable, until you park one next to a new tool model, and then you can see the difference!

Cheers,
Alan
Quote from: Roy L S
If Dr Al is online he may be able to provide a more comprehensive answer.

“We have also arranged things so that almost no one understands science and technology. This is a prescription for disaster. We might get away with it for a while, but sooner or later this combustible mixture of ignorance and power is going to blow up in our faces.” – Dr. Carl Sagan

Please Support Us!
June Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: £52.00
Below Goal: £48.00
Site Currency: GBP
52% 
June Donations

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal