!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Trepol Bay ??  (Read 178195 times)

Online port perran

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: Trepol Bay ??
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2014, 07:52:48 PM »
Thanks for the info Chris.
I'm not bothered about running numbers particularly as long as the locomotive classes are reasonably correct. I don't want to get too many locos and with my 60th birthday coming up in 6 months I'm going to be patient and see if I get any surprises !
At the moment I'm thinking :
45XX (I already have 2)
GW Panniers - I have 3 (inc one in restored condition in GW green)
Class 03 which I already have.
Class 08 (already have).
Bubble Car (I have one)
Class 22 (I have one but would like another).

Wanted :
SR N Gauge
SR WC pacific (prob just one)
BR Standard 2-6-4 and 2-6-2 (one each)
Ivatt 2-6-2 (poss 2)
T9 (Union Mills)
Possibly an SR Black Motor

I'd also like an 0-4-0 Railbus and a GW 43XX (kits I believe ?).

And of course I've also just bought a new Q1 (using Rule 1).
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 09:01:57 PM by port perran »
If it looks right then it most probably is right.

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+88)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2014, 03:46:32 AM »
Regarding the WC pacific - I'd suggest waiting for the Dapol version to emerge, although it could be a long wait ::)

Offline Chris in Prague

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 24400
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2014, 07:48:30 PM »
I've decided to stick with upgraded Graham Farish Bulleid Light Pacifics because I know they will run fine. Mine have all been through BRLines' 'works' and been upgraded, where necessary, for DCC fitting. A very kind friend got me a full set of detailing parts and new nameplates. As soon as more of my fleet of come Light Pacifics back from DCC-fitting at Wickness, I'll have a go at upgrading a couple. (I have a set of approximately N Scale plans so I can see where all the detailing should go!)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 08:27:48 PM by Chris in Prague, Reason: Updated. »

Offline Chris in Prague

• Awards
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2014, 08:01:11 PM »
You have a Class 04 which is fine for the SR but you 'need' a Class 03 for the WR. 8-)

For the others, I'd also like

SR N Gauge
SR T9 (Union Mills)
SR Black Motor (Union Mills, also, I believe)
An AC Cars Railbus (not easy to do in N; there was a discussion with Alan -- Etched Pixels. Maybe 3D printing on a Japanese tram chassis)
and a GW 43XX (yes, there is a kit; uses a modified GWR 2-6-2T chassis), plus a Grange (either a kit on a Hall chassis or the new (bound to be very expensive) Dapol one.

As a 43XX was, in reality, the heaviest steam loco. that could work from Bodmin Road to Bodmin General (after WW2 track upgrading), I really ought to have one!

I already have:
SR WC and BB Bulleid Light Pacifics (6, the minimum to authentically work a summer weekend WTT)
BR Standard 2-6-4Ts (3, to make up for only being able to afford 1 N)
BR Standard 2-6-2T (one in BR Lined Green)
Ivatt 2-6-2T (two: one P&P fitted)

Offline Chris in Prague

• Awards
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2014, 08:03:10 PM »
Glad to be of help, Martin. If possible, I like to have stock (locos, DMUs, SR Coach Sets) numbered as examples of real life ones which ran in North Cornwall but that is strictly optional.

Offline EtchedPixels

• Advertiser
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 16353
  • 2mm Association Number: 4412
    • Ebay
    • Google+
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Etched Pixels
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2014, 11:54:01 PM »
AC is still on the todo list to tackle. Likely to all slip a bit though. Some time ago we established there were about five houses we'd ever consider moving to. One of them came up for sale a bit over a year ago and we missed it, the one next door came up for sale recently and we are now at the surveys, accepted offers and running around like lunatics stage.

On the bright side the new model railway room has been allocated with management and the ongoing Snow Hill project will still fit with about a foot trimmed out of the offscene area.

But if anyone has been thinking I should do the AC cars cad and waiting for me, they might want to just get on with it !
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+88)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2014, 05:03:20 AM »
And there was me thinking you were purchasing the property next door so you could knock through and double the size of the layout ;)

Offline EtchedPixels

• Advertiser
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 16353
  • 2mm Association Number: 4412
    • Ebay
    • Google+
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Etched Pixels
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2014, 12:32:40 PM »
And there was me thinking you were purchasing the property next door so you could knock through and double the size of the layout ;)

Next door to the one we failed to buy not the one we live in alas, not I suspect that I could get away with removing the door from one room and adding a door the other side then persuading someone they'd like to live in the rest 8)
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Offline Chris in Prague

• Awards
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2014, 05:25:07 PM »
Thanks, Alan. I think a far number of us would like a BR WR AC Cars railbus but it's not an urgent requirement.

Has anyone asked you about the GWR Ocean Saloons?

Offline wookie

• N Gauge Society Number: 24741
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2014, 05:44:02 PM »

I built a summerhouse at the bottom of the garden last autumn, for us to enjoy the sun in the evenings......guess what I've filled it up with  :D

Offline Chris in Prague

• Awards
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2014, 06:17:02 PM »
Meanwhile at Trepol Bay confirmation has arrived from Penmayne that a short rake of three BR SR Mk 1s (BSK, BCK, CK) have departed for Wadebridge behind 0-6-0PT 3679 from where they will be taken, by a light engine expected from Port Perran to Port Perran for stabling until the reconstruction of the line to Trepol Bay has been completed. With the local PWM department at Halwill Jn. also working on the upgrade of the line from Wadebridge to Cant Cove and Penmayne, resources are having to be brought in from the WR elsewhere. Penmayne has been lent Class 14 D9501 for use on PWM trains and rumour has it that a Q1 is going to be tried out at Port Perran for use on the line to Trepol Bay!
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 06:19:05 PM by Chris in Prague »

Online port perran

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2014, 04:43:49 PM »
Thanks for that Chris. I missed that post earlier in the month.   Very apt indeed.
Spent the day today on the clifftop at Godrevy soaking up the sun but popped into Kernow MRC on the way home to pick up some plasticard etc. The plan is to construct a former LSWR signal box as the spur to get me started on Trepol Bay.

Offline Chris in Prague

• Awards
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2014, 05:04:03 PM »
Thanks, Martin. I have a visiting group of U.S. university students and their professors in Prague, for two weeks, they are all very nice but I won't get any (or much) railway modelling done for two weeks. From tomorrow, the students start on their business consultancy projects but today my two young female colleagues (our Assistant Deans) and I took them to Pilsen and a tour around the Pilsner Urquell brewery but that meant an 8:30AM departure! Very good beer though. 8-)

I hope the plans I sent you will help you to construct a LSWR-pattern signalbox like the one still existing at Instow, perhaps?

I have cut out the printed version of a NCR station but need to stick the sections on cardboard and arrange them as the component building sections. I'm still collecting Humbrol paints ready to paint all my metal items once they have been spraypainted with an undercoat of grey. Now, I have guests from Slovakia so nothing will get done, today, either!

Online port perran

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2014, 02:23:31 PM »
so...I'm now thinking about adding a canal to Trepol Bay (perhaps bringing various commodities such as granite or broccoli or other things) from inland and perhaps taking sand (as a fertiliser) back the other way. I'd incorporate a sea lock as at Bude.
Also thinking of adding a small narrow gauge line coming in to Trepol Bay from the south. Perhaps will need some help re track and locos for that ??
Will be adding various warehouses in the port area together with a wagon turntable and hopefully (as I suggested before) I will have the station at a slightly higher level than the port itself.
Hopefully will think about the baseboard in a couple of weeks (after the Lostwithiel show) so that planning can begin in earnest.

Offline smileyjon

• Facebook
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2014, 03:56:02 PM »
Just read this posting....... will follow with interest

Jon

Please Support Us!
November Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Nov 30
Total Receipts: £345.00