!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Trepol Bay ??  (Read 171665 times)

Offline cornish yorkie

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: Trepol Bay ??
« Reply #1410 on: May 10, 2017, 12:39:56 AM »
Hello thanks for the update Martin, looking forward to seeing the new fiddle yard
     regards Derek.

Online port perran

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #1411 on: May 12, 2017, 04:13:24 PM »
Well........decorating finished.
Have tried various permutations to try to fit the layouts into the room more effectively but reverted to the original formation except that as I hinted, the fiddle yard will be smaller. So I've lifted all the track on the old fiddle yard board (inc 32 points) and am now working out a new track plan with a smaller board for the fiddle yard. Well, actually it will be the old board reduced in size.
Once the new fiddle yard is up and running, I can connect the layouts up again.
Big job!
If it looks right then it most probably is right.

Online port perran

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #1412 on: May 12, 2017, 08:36:07 PM »
The new fiddle board is now in place and the outer track which connects to Trepol Bay is down and tested. So the first trains for 10 weeks,  albeit light engines, travelled through the station this evening. More testing with loaded trains tomorrow just to ensure all the joints are ok.
As we have a 250 year old cottage and the floors are anything but level it takes me an age to get things level.
Next job is to line up the Port Perran layout which runs at right angles to Trepol Bay and fix the connecting tracks (via girder bridge) back in place so that I can run trains between the two layouts.
The whole layout has shifted right about  20 inches which means that a) we can now get to the window to open it and b) I can get behind Trepol Bay to fit my non scenic link track easier without having to stretch over at an impossible angle.
Final job will be to replace some of the sidings on the Fiddle Yard board so that I can store some of my stock. I hope still to be able to have about 16 trains  set up and ready to run.

Offline Chris in Prague

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 24400
    • Awards
« Reply #1413 on: May 12, 2017, 08:57:36 PM »
That's good news, Martin, and very quick work.

Online port perran

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #1414 on: May 13, 2017, 08:02:02 PM »
I managed some more work reinstating the layouts today. Good weather this morning enabled a visit to the allotment then some time preparing our 72 VW Camper for Bude Classic Vehicle show tomorrow.
Rain this afternoon forced us indoors. I've completed the off scene running line behind Port Perran. Port Perran layout itself is now back in position (except the beach which goes on last). The track has been relaid over the viaduct above the creek. Just the final linking sections between the two layouts (effectively 2 track sections) still to be laid. Plus I still have to connect the Trepol Bay harbour lines to the fiddle yard so that trains can run down the bank onto the harbour.
I should manage those jobs on Monday (wet weather is due again) and hopefully complete the new fiddle yard.

Offline keithbythe sea

• Awards
« Reply #1415 on: May 13, 2017, 08:28:46 PM »
Good news Martin. Look forward to seeing the new paintwork, oh and the layouts too.. :)

Offline Chris in Prague

• Awards
« Reply #1416 on: May 13, 2017, 08:30:53 PM »
Excellent news, Martin. I wonder what the 'Re-opening Special'(s) will be? Looking forward to some pictures, next week.

Online port perran

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #1417 on: May 15, 2017, 08:40:22 AM »
No work yesterday as we spent the whole day at the Bude Vintage Vehicle Rally exhibiting our 72 Vw Camper.
A great day with lots of very interesting vehicles to enjoy.
Anyway, slight delay to proceedings this morning as I've run out of rail joiners so I'll need to pop to Camborne in a bit for some more. As it's due to be wet here today, I'm hoping to get the two layouts pretty close to up and running again.

Online port perran

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #1418 on: May 15, 2017, 07:45:25 PM »
Popped over to Camborne for rail joiners. I didn't want to buy anything else so went in, asked for the joiners and out again without looking at anything else which might tempt me.
Been working on the layouts virtually sice 11.30. All track reinstated(inc fiddle yard) , firmly fixed  down and fully tested. All working well.
I must tidy up now to create space and then I can start putting the stock and locomotives back on the layouts.
Everything now fits in the room better and I can get right round behind both layouts which was impossible before. And......we can now get to the window to open it!
Hopefully, some re-opening photographs tomorrow evening.

Offline keithbythe sea

• Awards
« Reply #1419 on: May 15, 2017, 08:02:53 PM »
Eagerly awaiting the re-opening photos... :photospleasesign:

Offline Chris in Prague

• Awards
« Reply #1420 on: May 15, 2017, 08:16:51 PM »
Eagerly awaiting the re-opening photos... :photospleasesign:

Me, too, Keith. The 're-opening specials' should be well worth waiting for. 8-)

Please Support Us!
August Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Total Receipts: £155.00
Above Goal: £100.00
Site Currency: GBP
282% 
August Donations

anything