Tracksetta Troubles?

Started by 60006, April 21, 2014, 05:31:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dorsetmike

I've been modelling N since 1974 and never used one, so I can't help!
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

D1042 Western Princess

I might be wrong (as I often am  ::)) but aren't Tracksettas designed for use with Code 80 track?  :confused2:
I can't think that they would work with Code 55 or finer  :uneasy:.
If it's not a Diesel Hydraulic then it's not a real locomotive.

sparky

I have used the full range of tracksetta from 9 inch to straight and all on code 55...if anything code 55 is easier to shape than code 80 as the track profile is set deeper in the plastic to give the lower track height..they are tight but just do a little at a time and pin as you are going on tighter curves...also if its code 55 then make sure the arrows on the underside of the track point towards the inside of the curve as the track webbing is cut to allow it to form more easily in this direction.

Sprintex

Quote from: D1042 Western Princess on June 21, 2015, 04:08:07 PM
I can't think that they would work with Code 55 or finer  :uneasy:.

Why not? Still the same 9mm gauge and the cosmetic pandrol clips on the inside of the rail are deliberately shallow to still allow old pizza-cutter type wheels adequate clearance  :)

Paul

D1042 Western Princess

As I said, "I might be wrong", but my thoughts (if you'll pardon the pun!) were along the lines of if people are having trouble using them with Code 55 could it be the reason I suggest?
I must confess to not having tried to used them on Code 55, only Code 80.
If it's not a Diesel Hydraulic then it's not a real locomotive.

Newportnobby

Just to say I have used Tracksettas on both my code 55 layouts with no issues whatsoever. Maybe I just got ones with a thinner paint job :hmmm:

edwin_m

Quote from: 60006 on April 21, 2014, 09:37:35 PM
I've angled it just about every which way but it still doesn't want to happen.

I can manage to get about a third to a half done if I put in starting at one end and working my way along but then I get so far and it starts forcing itself back out.

Has it got twisted somehow? 

Please Support Us!
June Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: £0.00
Below Goal: £100.00
Site Currency: GBP
 0%