!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Show your Latest Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase - Continental N  (Read 196280 times)

Offline Paul B

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 19167
    • Awards
Re: Show your Latest Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase - Continental N
« Reply #1575 on: June 26, 2020, 02:24:35 PM »

Been after one of these for a while - since they were released in fact, but could not afford it at the time. When this popped up on Ebay, it seemed silly not to put in a bid - and I got it for a decent price too!
LNER (and PKP) fan in the home of the GWR!

Offline Les1952

• N Gauge Society Number: 9060
    • Awards
« Reply #1576 on: June 26, 2020, 08:24:41 PM »

Been after one of these for a while - since they were released in fact, but could not afford it at the time. When this popped up on Ebay, it seemed silly not to put in a bid - and I got it for a decent price too!
Apart from being a Hobbytrain multi-voltage Taurus, any more details?

Les

Offline Jim Easterbrook

• Retired research engineer.
    • Personal web site
    • Awards
« Reply #1577 on: June 27, 2020, 11:25:18 AM »
I've just received a couple of MDS-Modell Rhätische Bahn Haik wagons. I need to replace the couplers before I can use them with the rest of my stuff - I'll discuss that in the "Modelling Swiss narrow gauge in 1:150th scale" thread.

I'm impressed with the level of detail on these, a lot better than I managed on my Sb-t made from a Shapeways 3D print.

Offline Les1952

• N Gauge Society Number: 9060
    • Awards
« Reply #1578 on: June 27, 2020, 03:15:22 PM »

Latest acquisitions, a batch of coaches.  Three centre-entrance by Arnold, which are currently a little track sensitive, plus a green Bm234 by Fleischmann and a luggage van by Roco, together with a pair of Modellbahn Union coil wagons.

Two of the centre entrance coaches.  Once they are fettled they will make a change from Silberlingen.  I've sold one modern coach on eBay so far  - to ntpntp of this parish it would seem.  I'm unsure whether to sell the rest of the Epoch VI coaches.  I'll give it thought until the boxes surface when I'm looking for something else.

Les

The beer vans behind are from an earlier purchase.

Offline Jim Easterbrook

• Retired research engineer.
    • Personal web site
    • Awards
« Reply #1579 on: June 27, 2020, 04:10:24 PM »
The beer vans behind are from an earlier purchase.

I don't remember seeing them, hint, hint.

Offline Paul B

• Awards
« Reply #1580 on: June 27, 2020, 10:02:53 PM »

Apart from being a Hobbytrain multi-voltage Taurus, any more details?

Les

Apologies. Yes, you are quite correct that it is a Taurus. It is in PKP (Polish railways) service, where it was known as the Class EU44 "Husarz" (Hussar). This was one of a number of Taurus locos that were painted up by PKP for the 2012 European football championships, which was held jointly in Poland and the Ukraine. The locos were painted in the colours of the countries taking part national flags. From what I have seen, most have now been repainted, but the Polish one is still in this colour scheme. I believe that Hobbytrain issued them with Polish, Ukraine and German colours. They were only available for a limited time, and as I said above I could not afford them at the time. So to find one now is something that I had been waiting for!

Offline TRXsouth

• Awards
« Reply #1581 on: June 29, 2020, 06:41:37 PM »
To Paul B -
Hi - the Hobbytrain EU44 Husarz in the Polish flag’s colours makes an interesting buy. But what coaches can be run with it? Apart from the Kuehn blue/yellow double decks, and the hugely expensive Berlin-Warsaw branded white coaches, is there any other Polish/PKP coaching stock? Could some types of DB or Czech/CD coaches represent some cross-border services?

Offline Paul B

• Awards
« Reply #1582 on: June 29, 2020, 10:53:00 PM »
Hi TRXsouth

Yes, Polish coaches are the hardest item for an N gauge Polish railway modeller to get! Over the years that I have been seeking Polish items, I have bought often assorted old German stock to (one day!) repaint and re-identify. However, I have within the last few years obtained a few items of Polish coaching stock. (and apologies for the quality of the photos - they were taken rather quickly with my phone and not in brilliant lighting!)

These are old Minitrix coaches. I believe that they were part of a boxed set, but I was lucky to get them split from the set.

These coaches are shown to be from Matu models and are great! These are typical of the coaches I used to see during my early trips to Poland in the early 1990's. Matu is based in Poland, and they do some lovely stuff. However, they are expensive (current exchange rate brings them out at just over £90!  :o) I didn't pay that much for these, but they weren't cheap. I want to get some of their ICCC coaches some day, once I have saved up enough.

These are the Berlin Warsaw Express coaches from Fleischmann. I have seen some discussions on European railway discussion boards, where they are not thought to be that accurate. However, as they are one of the only Polish inter-city coaches available, I had to get some when I could!

These are coaches for the Jan Kiepura night train, which ran from Brussels to Warsaw. Unfortunately, this service ceased in 2016 due to not being used much. (Shame - if I had known, I would have loved to travel by train to see friends in Warsaw!) These are made by LS Models, although I am not sure if they make them at present.

Finally, as you mentioned them, here are my Kuehn Model double deck coaches. These are based on coaches used in the Wielkopolska region, which includes Poznan. As I have very good friends in Poznan and visit them as often as I can, I was really pleased to see these produced!

As well as these, I have some of the old Piko 2 and 4 coach double deck sets, which were in use in Poland, especially during the Communist era. However, they were also still being used even to relatively recently. As these are marked up presently as DR, I managed to get some transfers/decals for these to convert them to PKP stock. Unfortunately the decal manufacturer has since gone pout of business...  :'( Lukcily I managed to get some of his decals for a couple of steam locos I want to repaint as PKP, and some goods stock markings too!  :claphappy:

In answer to your question, I had not personally seen any mixed rakes of coaches on Polish services, but I was looking at some videos on You Tube earlier, and found one showing some Czech coaches mixed in with PKP ICCC coaches, leaving Berlin (although I can't find it now...  >:( )
« Last Edit: June 30, 2020, 11:02:24 AM by Paul B, Reason: missed a bit! »

Online ntpntpntp

• Awards
« Reply #1583 on: June 30, 2020, 01:29:12 PM »
...  I've sold one modern coach on eBay so far  - to ntpntp of this parish it would seem.

Indeed you have :D
Nick.   2016 celebrating the 20th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!

Offline TRXsouth

• Awards
« Reply #1584 on: June 30, 2020, 04:01:48 PM »
To Paul B -
Thank you for your comprehensive and illustrated reply about Polish coaching stock. Some searching has produced a link to the Matu range - mata.waw.pl - which seems to offer a useful range of extra information about the railways, and other transport, in Poland.
Now to explore freight wagons within and crossing into Poland.....

Offline Paul B

• Awards
« Reply #1585 on: June 30, 2020, 04:59:57 PM »
To Paul B -
Thank you for your comprehensive and illustrated reply about Polish coaching stock. Some searching has produced a link to the Matu range - mata.waw.pl - which seems to offer a useful range of extra information about the railways, and other transport, in Poland.
Now to explore freight wagons within and crossing into Poland.....

Yes, the Matu website is very interesting if you are after finding out what runs on Poland's railways. A good page on You Tube is Morfeusz120 - https://www.youtube.com/user/morfeusz120/featured who posts a lot of videos of Polish railways from around the Poznan area, and does show a lot of freight traffic, as well as passenger services.

Freight is a whole other subject - especially what is generally available in N Gauge! I may have to start a thread on the subject if anyone would be interested? (Rather than filling this thread with it!) Not that I am anywhere near an expert on the subject, and my collection is rather packed away, as we moved home last year. This means that a lot of my railway stuff is still in boxes, as the garage (to become my railway room) is being used for storage until the blasted lock-down is over...  >:(

Offline Hiawatha

• Awards
« Reply #1586 on: June 30, 2020, 05:21:08 PM »
Freight is a whole other subject - especially what is generally available in N Gauge! I may have to start a thread on the subject if anyone would be interested?

Yes, please! :thumbsup:
Peter

Online weave

• Awards
« Reply #1587 on: June 30, 2020, 09:32:57 PM »
Tak prosze from me too  :thumbsup:

Offline TRXsouth

• Awards
« Reply #1588 on: June 30, 2020, 11:49:48 PM »
Hi Paul -
It’s another yes from me for a freight thread - Polish or general European. With reduced travel willingness and opportunities, some shared knowledge and comment on this fascinating subject will be a helpful resource on the forum.

Offline Paul B

• Awards
« Reply #1589 on: July 01, 2020, 05:40:25 PM »
WOW!!  :o

Well that'll teach me to suggest something - comes back and bites me! (Although I think that I may have suggested this a while ago, but never got round to it - my defence then was that my stock was in the loft...  :()

OK - to Hiawatha, Weave and TRXSouth I will see what I can do! As I said below, it will mainly be from what little I know about Polish freight, which isn't a great deal, and will cover what could run (or be passed off as running) on Polish railways. Whether this fits in with Poland's neighbours, I am not too sure, as my interest is what runs in Poland!

Also as I said. it may take a little while to get some bits together, as stuff is packed away. However, my railway stock is indoors in the warm and dry so, although it may not be displayed on a layout, I can at least get pics of the stock!

Watch the Continental board!

Please Support Us!
July Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Total Receipts: £25.00
Below Goal: £35.00
Site Currency: GBP
42% 
July Donations

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal