!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Show your Latest Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase - Continental N  (Read 189153 times)

Online BlythPower

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Deutsche Bundesbahn in den 80ern
    • Awards
Re: Show your Latest Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase - Continental N
« Reply #1455 on: April 06, 2020, 02:16:06 PM »
Some more flat/stake wagons - a Minitrix Sps 719 and behind that a Roco stake wagon with swap body from the Thirst Express set.

A train of Roco Umbauwagen has also come together over the last couple of months:

And there's also a big hairy thing putting in a reappearance:

Offline Les1952

• N Gauge Society Number: 9060
    • Awards
« Reply #1456 on: April 06, 2020, 02:55:14 PM »
Many more pics to process, including cropping the pic of the E310 above.....

Would it be possible to give the name of the manufacturer when showing your locos etc?
I think it would be particularly useful to anyone new to Continental modelling especially those who fancy modelling the German scene.

Certainly.

All four of these are Hobbytrain.

Les

Offline Gordon

• Awards
« Reply #1457 on: April 07, 2020, 01:04:50 AM »

Would it be possible to give the name of the manufacturer when showing your locos etc?
I think it would be particularly useful to anyone new to Continental modelling especially those who fancy modelling the German scene.

Certainly.

Les

And the make of cat?  :laugh:
« Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 01:06:00 AM by Gordon »
Sometime Publicity Officer, N Gauge Society

Swiss Railways Consultant
French Railways Consultant
European railway expert

First British N loco (in 1972): Farish GER Holden tank!
Modelling French N gauge since 1975
Modelling Swiss and German N gauge since 1971

Offline railsquid

• N Gauge Society Number: 25547
    • My model railway website
    • Awards
« Reply #1458 on: April 07, 2020, 02:11:17 AM »

Certainly.

Les

Looks a bit overscale to me, mind you.
Takahachikawa - Japanese and other trains

Birmingham Knotmore Street - (ex) GWR mainline through the Midlands

Online BlythPower

• Deutsche Bundesbahn in den 80ern
    • Awards
« Reply #1459 on: April 07, 2020, 07:34:15 AM »
Quote from: Gordon link=topic=19028.msg628389#msg628389

Millie ™

Quote from: railsquid
Looks a bit overscale to me, mind you.

At the moment, I've more time on my hands to work on the shrink ray. And if any more live mice are let loose in the house...  >:(

Offline Les1952

• N Gauge Society Number: 9060
    • Awards
« Reply #1460 on: April 13, 2020, 11:08:50 PM »
Another pair, this time neither of them Hobbytrain.

I've always fancied the BR144/BR145 electrics.  Relevant for the area because one of the ones with extra brakes is (or was) retained at Freiburg im Breisgau.  I decided the new models were a bit steep, and when I saw this old Minitrix one secondhand on the e-Site already DCC fitted I couldn't resist it.  It growls a little, brass gears and all that, but runs a dream.

There are a few German steamers I really like, but if I were to nominate a favourite it would be the BR86, of which I've now had three in N (and a couple more in HO at various times).  On Boxing Day 1978 I blagged my way into Trier works to view their plinthed one.

It was fun as I speak very little German and the guard on the gate spoke no English, but we negotiated for me to sign an indemnity form and in I went..

My first BR86 in N was a Kato model back in a year beginning with a 1, and that was a bit of a lemon.  Vastly better was the Fleischmann one that I had on Furtwangen Ost and which was sold with the layout.  This one again is by Fleischmann but factory DCC fitted, secondhand out of someone's showcase.  Technically it is an East German one, but I may or may not renumber it wit ha West German number- very few can read numbers on N gauge locos on an exhibition layout.  Most can't even recognise the type......

More at some time, eBay has been kept busy while I've been in lockdown, spending the PayPal balance while my baseboards are still being made.  I've also been thinning out the OO and N gauge stuff I'm never going to use, again keeping eBay busy and filling the PayPal balance. It is amazing what you can post in a pillarbox, especially in N.

Les

Online mika

• Awards
« Reply #1461 on: April 14, 2020, 08:30:15 AM »
Very nice additions, Les.

The Fleischmann 86s are very nice locos. I also have an East German one (intentionally), albeit in its epoch III guise.
The give-away for being a DR loco are the signs on the tanks saying 'Kein Trinkwasser' ('no drinking water', white with a red skull) and 'Nicht unter Fahrleitungen dosieren' ('Do not refill under OHLE', yellow sign).

Best,
Michael

Offline dickrowland

• Awards
« Reply #1462 on: April 14, 2020, 11:40:43 AM »
The Kato/Hobbytrain version was a slightly different version, with longer side tanks.
A weak point, the pickups. Great when new, a split axle chassis should be perfect, but after about six months the running became extremely erratic.
Mine was put to one side as a 'roundtoit' job. In the meantime I acquired two of the excellent Fleischmann 86's.
Eventually I retrieved the Kato 86 from the 'one day' box. Carefully dismembering the chassis, no further than I had to, I found the cause of the pick up problem.
The axles run in phospor bronze horn blocks, the contact between these and the chassis block had worn until it had become extremely poor. I found that a strip of phoshor bronze shim on each side of the chassis, secured by the plastic keeper plate, arranged to electrically link the hornblocks to the chassis block, worked wonders.
At least the think would run, even though not quite as smoothly as the Fleischmann 86.
Things I still do not like: the horrible oversized front end lamps (even worse than the old Roco Br44!). These have been replaced by much finer lamps, meant for a Fleischmann Br39, but they still sit too high.
The front plate, on which the lamps sit, needs to be replaced with some sort of metal shim.
I still have work to do but at least the thing works.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2020, 06:55:25 PM by dickrowland »

Offline ntpntpntp

• Awards
« Reply #1463 on: April 18, 2020, 02:29:38 PM »
Ebay arrival this morning from Germany.  Brawa BR 261 Gravita in DB livery, this particular model is as rare as hen's teeth nowadays  :D    I failed to buy one when they came out, the DB ones sold out very rapidly.

Mint unused from Modellbahnshop Stuttgart.

Now I need to track down some more RK900 shunting couplings, to match those fitted to my MRCE Gravita.  The ones I used were lost wax castings by MMC, but I can't find them on their current web pages.   

Another option could be to try for Arnold spares as some of the Köf shunters have RK900s fitted (plastic).

Nick.   2016 celebrating the 20th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!

Offline swisstrains

• My N Gauge Forum Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #1464 on: April 18, 2020, 06:15:22 PM »
Hi Nick. Hobbytrain also have them as spares for their Vossloh G1000.
H3070-16 (2 long and 2 short  10 Euros)
John

Offline ntpntpntp

• Awards
« Reply #1465 on: April 18, 2020, 06:44:59 PM »
@swisstrains   Cheers John, where have you found them available for sale (or is that just from the instruction sheet)?    I'm not finding that part on the usual suspects such as gaugemaster, spur-n-teile, ebay.de etc.        Thinking I'll probably have to ping Lemke.
Nick.   2016 celebrating the 20th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!

Offline ntpntpntp

• Awards
« Reply #1466 on: April 18, 2020, 07:04:20 PM »
Ah-ha, they are still available from MMC - I wasn't looking in the right place on their online shop  :doh:

https://www.moba-shop24.de/rk-900-fuer-v60-v100-koe-usw-db-ag-1-paar

Offline swisstrains

• Awards
« Reply #1467 on: April 18, 2020, 08:23:08 PM »
@swisstrains   Cheers John, where have you found them available for sale (or is that just from the instruction sheet)?    I'm not finding that part on the usual suspects such as gaugemaster, spur-n-teile, ebay.de etc.        Thinking I'll probably have to ping Lemke.
Yes Nick as you suspected it was from the instruction sheet and only available direct from Lemke. Good to see that you have now found the original ones from MMC.
John

Offline cornish trains jez

• Awards
« Reply #1468 on: April 26, 2020, 06:02:31 PM »
Hi,

Not sure if this the right place to post but thought I would as it’s continental related. Just started my new Swiss N gauge layout and I’ve made my first YouTube video documenting an introduction to the layout. Hope you enjoy..

https://youtu.be/NKUBV-lOeng

Best regards,

Jeremy

Offline swisstrains

• Awards
« Reply #1469 on: April 26, 2020, 06:47:14 PM »
Hi,

Not sure if this the right place to post but thought I would as it’s continental related. Just started my new Swiss N gauge layout and I’ve made my first YouTube video documenting an introduction to the layout. Hope you enjoy..

https://youtu.be/NKUBV-lOeng

Best regards,

Jeremy

Nice video Jeremy but I think you need to start a new thread in the "Layout Construction" section of the forum.
John

Please Support Us!
June Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: £52.00
Below Goal: £48.00
Site Currency: GBP
52% 
June Donations

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal