what are people doing on their layout right now

Started by B1 61126, August 16, 2011, 07:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CarriageShed

Quote from: GeeBee on November 13, 2013, 04:44:42 PM
Hi, Martini Holt base boards 75% complete but I think I will have to redesign track plan SWMBO wants more scenic area ho humm I will just have to loose 20ft of track somewhere hoping to take some photo's next week
regards
Graham

Or perhaps build a scenic area over the track...?

GeeBee

CarriageShed

I'm often wise when it's for other people. If only I could manage it for myself.  ;)

Jerry Howlett

Quote from: GeeBee on November 13, 2013, 04:44:42 PM
but I think I will have to redesign track plan SWMBO wants more scenic area ho humm
regards
Graham

Mrs "H" also stressed that the layout had to have more scenery but in her case buildings, no easy fix with hills or rolling meadows.

So far this is over a years progress with 2 metres to go covering the fiddle yard.

You can just see one of the points under the end terrace.
Scalescenes downloads are a reasonably cheap way of producing terraced houses and shops.

Jerry
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

Malc

It's looking really good Gerry, not a bad idea covering the fiddle yard. Is the scenery removable?
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Jerry Howlett

Thanks Malc,

Yes the town boards are in removable sections of between 600mm to 900mm by about 300mm. They are 100mm above the rail level but with wood support there is a mere 90mm "prodding" height before you have to lift off a section.
In addition the canal is on seperate lift out sections "just in case".

Jerry

MinZaPint

Hi Jerry

Hope you both got planning permission for that lot! Looks very good as long as you can keep track of what's in the fiddle yard. Hope you've got a pub or two in there  :beers:

Cheers  David
Cogito Sumere potum alterum

Jerry Howlett

So far 2 pubs a small hotel 2 chippies a chinese takeaway (opening soon) it really says that on the window! and an Indian restaurant. Numerous small shops etc. The hardest part is finding names for all the small shops. Every visitor gets their own place.Not easy if they are Italians.....

Ollie3440

Currently doing some final checks on Sheaf ready for it's final outing of the year at Retford this weekend :)

Ollie

:NGaugersRule:
Hi I'm Ollie, and I'm a addicted to buying MK1s......

My Previous Exhibition Layout - The Sheaf Valley Railway
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=24.0

My Current Exhibition Layout - Wenlock
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=23228.0

GeeBee

Pete33

Or perhaps build a scenic area over the track...?

You can just see one of the points under the end terrace.
Scalescenes downloads are a reasonably cheap way of producing terraced houses and shops.

Jerry

Pete33 and Jerry
Many thanks for these great idea That frees up a 1meter by 450mm space for her town and leaves me enough room for my engineering sheds
:thankyousign:  :bounce: 8)

CarriageShed

Pete33 and Jerry
Many thanks for these great idea That frees up a 1meter by 450mm space for her town and leaves me enough room for my engineering sheds

Anything to help preserve those vital engineering sheds.  ;)

Peter

ParkeNd

Contemplating trial ballasting for the first time ever using a length off offcut track on cork and a piece of wood. Secretly regarded as a potential act of vandalism by wife. Tales of green ballast, jammed up points etc rattling through my brain.

dodger112958

Testing the track on my layout 'Ashdon' and working out the track plan for the goods, engine shed areas plus the Factory. Also testing my birthday presents.  :D A Class 37 in BR Green with split head codes that light up, my first brand spanking new loco since my initial Liverpool Express set. A second-hand purchase from my local model shop of A4 'Silver Fox'  in BR Green, a real beauty and finally an ebay purchase of a Class 55 'Royal Scots Grey' also in BR Green.
Ian
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

tutenkhamunsleeping

60 Wagon Test Train
Testing the lengths of various trains and how they fit in the fiddle yard.  Being relatively new to N I don't have a 'feel' for this like I did in 4mm.  For a start, trains take up a little more space than I estimated because of the size of those infernal Rapido couplings :worried:

Newportnobby

That is just SO impressive, Steve. To coin a hackneyed phrase, you must be chuffed with that :thumbsup:

Please Support Us!
June Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: £0.00
Below Goal: £100.00
Site Currency: GBP
 0%