!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Battle of Britain/West Country pacifics  (Read 20579 times)

Offline Fardap

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 26027
    • Twitter
    • Awards
Re: Battle of Britain/West Country pacifics
« Reply #90 on: November 28, 2018, 10:52:59 AM »
Received the following by email this morning about Dapol 2019 Member loco (Hattons has it as Jan-Mar 2020)Ö

N Gauge 2019 Special Edition Locomotive

In keeping with our popular run of Members only Limited-Edition Locomotives we are pleased to announce
that next N Gauge special will be the Ė N Gauge West Country Class Exeter 34001 in BR Early Crest
Lined Green

We will be offering this in DC, DCC; DCC & Sound fitted options.
Please state which model required:
2S-034-006 2-6-0 W. Country Class Exeter 34001 in BR Early Crest £145.00
2S-034-006D 2-6-0 W. Country Class Exeter 34001 in BR Early Crest DCC £170.85
2S-034-006S 2-6-0 W. Country Class Exeter 34001 in BR Early Crest DCC & Sound £275.60

Standard UK P&P costs apply UK: £3.95 Europe: £5.95, ROW: £19.95

Offline Chris Morris

• Ridgacre Branch & Little Aller Junction
    • Awards
« Reply #91 on: November 28, 2018, 01:14:34 PM »
I'm s little concerned as to whether this will be an accurate model. The last West country I saw was not a 2-6-0!
Working doesn't seem to be the perfect thing for me so I'll continue to play.
Steve Marriott / Ronnie Lane

Offline Paul-H

• N Gauge Society Number: 27678
    • Awards
« Reply #92 on: November 28, 2018, 01:34:13 PM »
i am more concerned that its gone from a post on the Dapol forum saying they were disappointing with how the new drive system was performing to announcing expected delivery dates in only a couple of weeks.  Hope they ironed out the issues before signing off on production.
Please excuse any poor spelling, I am Dyslexic, just think yourself lucky if you can actually read what I typed.

All tiepin as bean spell chequed on mi Pea Sea

Offline NGS-PO

• Trade Count: (+3)
    • Awards
« Reply #93 on: November 28, 2018, 01:46:07 PM »
I'm s little concerned as to whether this will be an accurate model. The last West country I saw was not a 2-6-0!

A second email arrived, immediately after the first, correcting the typo.
(PLEASE NOTE: Unless where obviously posting on behalf of the NGS, all posts and views are my own and not connected/endorsed by the Society.)

Anxiety is a lot like a toddler. It never stops talking, tells you youíre wrong about everything, and wakes you up at 3am.

I get nervous about just about everything. Sometimes I literally donít know why Iím anxious. I just am and no-one seems to understand that.

Offline NGS-PO

• Awards
« Reply #94 on: November 28, 2018, 01:51:32 PM »
i am more concerned that its gone from a post on the Dapol forum saying they were disappointing with how the new drive system was performing to announcing expected delivery dates in only a couple of weeks.  Hope they ironed out the issues before signing off on production.

Do you have a link? I can't see it on the BOB/WC thread....?
(PLEASE NOTE: Unless where obviously posting on behalf of the NGS, all posts and views are my own and not connected/endorsed by the Society.)

Anxiety is a lot like a toddler. It never stops talking, tells you youíre wrong about everything, and wakes you up at 3am.

I get nervous about just about everything. Sometimes I literally donít know why Iím anxious. I just am and no-one seems to understand that.

Offline Fardap

• N Gauge Society Number: 26027
    • Twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #95 on: November 28, 2018, 01:53:00 PM »
Yes they did correct the typo and apologise...

2S-034-006 4-6-2 W. Country Class Exeter 34001 in BR Early Crest £145.00
2S-034-006D 4-6-2 W. Country Class Exeter 34001 in BR Early Crest DCC £170.85
2S-034-006S 4-6-2 W. Country Class Exeter 34001 in BR Early Crest DCC & Sound £275.60

I get the impression they have abandoned the new drive or have at least gone in a new direction, TBH I lost track of the decisions so not sure now if New 5 Pole is anything new or if they are still pursuing a new development...

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #96 on: November 28, 2018, 02:55:39 PM »
£170 does sound a bit steep. Hattons are selling the latest batch of valenced A4s for under £130. It also makes it a lot dearer than the Farish Merchant Navy (against which it will inevitably be compared)

The prices quoted from Dapol appear to be much closer to the mark and not so off putting......

Yes they did correct the typo and apologise...

2S-034-006 4-6-2 W. Country Class Exeter 34001 in BR Early Crest £145.00
2S-034-006D 4-6-2 W. Country Class Exeter 34001 in BR Early Crest DCC £170.85
2S-034-006S 4-6-2 W. Country Class Exeter 34001 in BR Early Crest DCC & Sound £275.60

I get the impression they have abandoned the new drive or have at least gone in a new direction, TBH I lost track of the decisions so not sure now if New 5 Pole is anything new or if they are still pursuing a new development...

I just hope and pray they don't revert to the dratted cardan shaft

Offline Bob G

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 16057
    • Awards
« Reply #97 on: November 28, 2018, 05:08:42 PM »
Dont forget the Dapol price is the club price and that is much lower than the RRP for the Dapol Club class 50 50007 for example.
Bob

Offline nookfield

• Trade Count: (+2)
    • Awards
« Reply #98 on: November 28, 2018, 06:27:56 PM »

You need to check back to 15th June 2016 which is slightly more than a couple of weeks ago.

Offline nookfield

• Trade Count: (+2)
    • Awards
« Reply #99 on: November 28, 2018, 06:30:18 PM »
£170 does sound a bit steep. Hattons are selling the latest batch of valenced A4s for under £130. It also makes it a lot dearer than the Farish Merchant Navy (against which it will inevitably be compared)

The prices quoted from Dapol appear to be much closer to the mark and not so off putting......

[/quote]

The RRP is £199.99 so Hattons listed price is correct given the standard 15% discount on new models. The price was stated by Joel at the Dapol open day

Offline ChrisWV10

• N Gauge Society Number: 19469
    • Awards
« Reply #100 on: November 28, 2018, 06:36:28 PM »
<snip>

Agreed! Deal breaker for me. I refuse to buy Dapol tender locos because of this.
Their panniers are nice thoí

C.  :)

Offline NGS-PO

• Awards
« Reply #101 on: November 28, 2018, 06:37:36 PM »

You need to check back to 15th June 2016 which is slightly more than a couple of weeks ago.

that's what I thought. I remember it being the one of the issues that led to the abeyance a couple of years ago, but had seen nothing about the motor since. Hence my looking for substantiation........

Offline longbow

• N Gauge Society Number: Yes
  • 2mm Association Number: Yes
    • Awards
« Reply #102 on: November 29, 2018, 08:29:17 PM »
I'm pretty sure Dapol have already indicated there will not be a cardan shaft. Tender drive would not leave room for DCC sound gear.

Offline Bulliedman

• N Gauge Society Number: 16235
  • 2mm Association Number: 4276
    • Awards
« Reply #103 on: December 04, 2018, 10:58:37 AM »
https://www.dapol.co.uk/image/data/News%20Items%20and%20press%20release/BOB_WC%20Page%202b.jpg

That confirms it all, but at £200 I cant see me buying one no matter how good it is !

Offline Tank

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+30)
    • Awards
« Reply #104 on: December 04, 2018, 11:00:27 AM »
You beat me to it!  :)

Yes, the price seems to shocking some on the Facebook page as well.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £45.00
Below Goal: £15.00
Site Currency: GBP
75% 
April Donations

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal