One for the Trekkies

Started by Adam1701D, August 22, 2013, 07:49:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeDunn

Err ... you do realise that some people pay up to £850 for this model ?  :o

The price it's listed at is very reasonable !  I can't recall if this is the 'special' or the ordinary edition ...

Adam1701D

Quote from: MikeDunn on August 22, 2013, 03:47:03 PM
Err ... you do realise that some people pay up to £850 for this model ?  :o

The price it's listed at is very reasonable !  I can't recall if this is the 'special' or the ordinary edition ...

What is the difference between the editions...I'm almost afraid to ask. :-[
Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Peterborough, UK

MikeDunn

Gawd ... now you're asking ...

Just checked an old catalogue (she was released in '06 I think), and it looks like that one pre-dates her (odds are it's the 05 one).

I know she was available in two outfits - one silver (400 made), and one maroon (that's the special ... 200 made).  The difference for the special was just the maroon uniform, and the cost was a bit more too I think (usually, the specials had something extra - eg both the Obi-Wan (Alec Guinness) and Darth Vader figures had droids - Obi-Wan had the learning remote that shot Luke in the Falcon when practicing with the light saber, while Darth had the "toaster" droid that Chewie roared at & sent fleeting when "captured" on the Death Star).  Personally, I prefer the silver outfit ;)

For some reason, most (all ?) of Trek is missing from their site :(

Luke Piewalker

Are you saying I didn't have to build one myself...  :D

ent2 by Luke Piewalker, on Flickr

scotsoft

I bought the magazine today with the first model and I am astounded at the quality of the model.
What I think is a big omission is there are no Vulcan ships  :confused1:  I always thought the design of the Vulcan ships was way ahead of the others.

If they had only made it a monthly magazine then I feel more people would manage to fit it into their budgets.  When I was chatting to the shopkeeper she agreed there would be very little take up at £9.99 every two weeks.

If you have not bought the first magazine yet, you will be missing out a highly detailed starship  :heart2:

cheers John.

Fratton

Might by the first two, I love my trek but I'm absolutely in love with the "JJ-prise" I don't get all the nerd rage about the new ship and movie,

Are they going to be to scale the models surely There's a size differance to a constitution JJ-prise and the galaxy class?
Charlie.

MikeDunn

Fratton

having looked at the website these models they are pushing with these mags are just the furuta collectibles models re-hashed, they can be bought on ebay and most of the less popular models far below £9.99 each, yes the magazine is a plus point but they usually get a bit thin, especially with ships that never featured much in the shows just trumped up schematics and scene grabs of their 5 mins of fame on the screen,,,,,
Charlie.

Agrippa

Are these spaceships N gauge?  :D
Nothing is certain but death and taxes -Benjamin Franklin

NeMo

N gauge? Probably not!*

But to concur with Scotsoft above, the model is really nice, and for £1.99 for this issue, amazing value. I can't see myself getting every single issue, but for sure some of the ones with models I happen to like. Shame they don't seem to have the Vulcan shuttle from the first film; I always thought that was a really nifty design.

Cheers, NeMo

*Quick calculation suggests that if the real NCC-1701 D is 642.5 m long, then at 1:148 it'd be 4.3 m in length at n scale!
(Former NGS Journal Editor)

Luke Piewalker

My Enterprise is 1:600 and is 48cm long...
I suppose I could hang it over my layout and just tell people it's far away...

scotsoft

Quote from: Agrippa on August 24, 2013, 06:42:13 PM

Spaceships!!!!!! They are Starships  :D

EtchedPixels

Quote from: scotsoft on August 24, 2013, 08:30:56 PM

They are little plastic toys
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

MikeDunn

Quote from: EtchedPixels on August 24, 2013, 08:35:28 PM
Quote from: scotsoft on August 24, 2013, 08:30:56 PM

They are little plastic toys
They'll fit right in with the toy choo-choos then  >:D

Please Support Us!
June Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: £0.00