!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Spray Booths  (Read 1133 times)

Offline trainsdownunder

• Sadly Passed Away
  • Trade Count: (+5)
    • Awards
Spray Booths
« on: April 11, 2013, 04:07:53 AM »
Hi

Anybody out there got any experience of the portable spray booth such as shown in the link

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/airbrushsupplyonline/_i.html?_nkw=spray+booth&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=]http://stores.ebay.co.uk/airbrushsupplyonline/_i.html?_nkw=spray+booth&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=]http://stores.ebay.co.uk/airbrushsupplyonline/_i.html?_nkw=spray+booth&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=

I can get similar out here (Aus) for a reasonable price but don't want to waste money if building something might be better.

Any help or advice gratefully received

Colin
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 08:16:05 AM by trainsdownunder »

Offline kiwi1941

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 11394
    • Awards
Re: Spray Booths
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2013, 05:11:48 AM »
Anybody out there got any experience of the portable spray booth such as shown in the linkhttp://stores.ebay.co.uk/airbrushsupplyonline/_i.html?_nkw=spray+booth&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg= Colin

Yep - was using mine today. It seems good [although I can't test my lungs to see if it works as well it seems to].  I'd go for it - better than trying to hold your breath for long periods.  ::) Brian
Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty." Wendell Phillips.

Eternal paranoia is the price of liberty: vigilance is not enough. Len Deighton.

Offline Phil Hendry

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 9598
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2013, 08:29:16 AM »
Yes, I got one a week or two ago.  Great piece of kit.  If you're spraying solvent-based paint, the extractor hose might be needed, to get the fumes outside, but if you're just spraying acrylics or other water-based stuff, I wouldn't bother with it. 

The filter seems to remove all the particulates from the airflow - at least wiping around my kitchen after messing with the airbrush for several hours dsidn't yield any 'paint dust' at all.
I am not a complete lunatic - there are pieces missing!

Offline Neonoodle

• N Gauge Society Number: 22887
  • Hi everyone
    • Facebook
    • Google+
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2013, 09:42:36 AM »
I've been using one for a couple of years now and i think there worth the money and replacement filters are easy enough to get hold of. I had a slight problem with the bolts that hold the extractor house on the back where a little to short for my liking. Also i found that if you didnt place tape over the joins in the folding out bit you can be left with spray lines on the table or where ever your use it

Neil
Noodles are for life, not just for a snack!

My Layout - http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=5994.msg67092#msg67092

Offline alibuchan

• My page on shapeways
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2013, 02:36:18 PM »
Those spray booths are great. I didn't bother with the extractor system. Been using mine for a few years.

One thing not to cheep out on is the airbrush I got a cheep one with a compressor and tank system. I have now replaced it with a iwata one which is just so much better. You can really tell the differance.

Alistair

Offline Phil Hendry

• N Gauge Society Number: 9598
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2013, 02:49:05 PM »
I have been taking my time about deciding, finally, which airbrush to get to replace my venerable Aztek A470.  I have decided to get an Iwata Eclipse SBS, not least because it's 'side feed', so I can use it, effectively, as either siphon feed (from a bottle) or top feed (from a cup) just like my Aztek, with the advantages of both types; the nozzle/needle assembly seems to be designed with 'heavier' paints (like acrylics) in mind too.  I'm trying to decide whether to replace my old compressor while I'm at it too - it's a mite primitive, with no regulator - though it's max output pressure is about 30psi when using the Aztek, which is about right for most jobs anyway, so it's never mattered much.

Once the missus gets back from Germany later on today, we'll have a conversation about the purchase - well, once we've talked about other stuff anyway - she might get a bit hacked off if my first words when she walks in the door are 'About this airbrush I'm thinking of buying...'  :no: :laugh3:
I am not a complete lunatic - there are pieces missing!

Offline oversetts models

• N Gauge Society Number: 26736
  • RTC Derby, the good old days....
    • Oversetts Models
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2013, 06:09:12 PM »
I can definitely recommend the shown booth, I use one in my workshop with the hose out the window. Also worth remembering is you can join two together for bigger projects. I purchased mine thru eBay and also got spare filters in the box aswell.
Hope that helps,
Bob
Kindest regards
Bob

Offline painbrook

• Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2013, 07:41:32 PM »
Seriously guys, take every precaution to work in a clean air environment. Over the years I've worked in total ignorance, workwise and hobbywise, the old stuff ,paints, glues, heating plastics to stretch, super glues etc.. (vapours). Overnight it seems you suddenly are gasping/fighting for breath at the least strenuous effort. COPD is what you want to look up. Anyway lets enjoy our hobby. Cheers john. Cheer up it may never happen :laugh3:.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £105.55
Above Goal: £45.55
Site Currency: GBP
176% 
March Donations

Advertise Here
anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal