Model Rail 2013 wishlist results

Started by guest311, June 10, 2013, 04:08:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guest311

July's Model Rail slipped through the letterbox this morning, and includes the results of the 2013 wishlist.

for N the results were :

1. BR mk.1 TPO stowage van

2. BR class 92 co-co electric

3. BR class 117/118 Pressed Steel DMU

4. BR Cowans Sheldon 75t breakdown crane

=5.  BR class 40  & GWR Churchward '43xx' 2-6-0

over to you, Bachman :bounce:

EtchedPixels

Interesting. Thats 3 of my 5 wants. Would have been four but it looks like an even better modern image crane is on its way in 3D print format.

"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Luke Piewalker

That's one of my five... if it's painted as D200/40122....

bluedepot

i would definitely buy a class 40 and maybe a class 117 dmu if they were produced

so get cracking bachmann / dapol / hornby arnold!!!

tim

johnlambert

The 117/118 is just the DMU I need and although I don't necessarily want a Churchward Mogul it would be useful to have one, I could probably find room for a Class 40 diesel too in all over green or with small yellow panels.

On the other hand I'm sure my overdraft would rather these never made production  :smiley-laughing:

ScottyStitch

Farish do a class 40 currently don't they? Presumably there are problems with it? What am I missing?

Sprintex

One of the old models - not DCC ready, no lights, etc ;)

Paul

DCCDave

Quote from: Sprintex on June 10, 2013, 10:41:32 PM
One of the old models - not DCC ready, no lights, etc ;)

Paul

And splits gears like they were made of rice paper...

Sprintex

ScottyStitch

Ah right, gotcha!

What about the peaks. Suffer from the same problem?

Newportnobby

Quote from: ScottyStitch on June 11, 2013, 07:56:24 AM
Ah right, gotcha!

What about the peaks. Suffer from the same problem?

Again, not DCC ready, no lights etc.
The bogies need 'slimming down' too

ScottyStitch

Yep I was aware of that, but was referring more to the stripping gear problem.

I have to say the lights, etc, don't concern me that much, and it looks pretty much how it's supposed to I'd say, apart from the buffer beam being part of the bogie (!).

EtchedPixels

Quote from: ScottyStitch on June 11, 2013, 01:09:39 PM
Yep I was aware of that, but was referring more to the stripping gear problem.

I have to say the lights, etc, don't concern me that much, and it looks pretty much how it's supposed to I'd say, apart from the buffer beam being part of the bogie (!).

I would take a look at a real one if I was you. The buffer beam *is* part of the bogie !

Not had any problem with gears beyond the usual and they can be replaced. Lights would need adding but for its era it isn't a bad model.

Alan
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Thorpe Parva

Quote from: EtchedPixels on June 11, 2013, 03:21:23 PM
Not had any problem with gears beyond the usual and they can be replaced. Lights would need adding but for its era it isn't a bad model.

Alan

I agree. I have 3 Peaks and am perfectly happy with them. Just one split gear so far but easy to replace.

I would rather that Bachmann/Farish used their resources to update some of their outdated models such as the 8F. A Split-Headcode Peak would be nice though!

David

EtchedPixels

Quote from: Thorpe Parva on June 11, 2013, 03:31:17 PM
I would rather that Bachmann/Farish used their resources to update some of their outdated models such as the 8F. A Split-Headcode Peak would be nice though!

Very easy conversion to do especially if you avoid picking the tiny number that also had nose doors.

Alan

Please Support Us!
June Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: £20.00
Below Goal: £80.00
Site Currency: GBP
20% 
June Donations