!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Shawbury Foregate, late 80's BR inspired by Shrewsbury  (Read 7510 times)

Offline 1977joey

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: Shawbury Foregate, late 80's BR inspired by Shrewsbury
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2013, 11:51:13 AM »
Amazing detail, its a wonderful layout

Thanks JD :D Glad you like it

Magic.  I like layouts where you can spot the time and the place straight away.

Thankyou SD35, it's took about 10 months but it's really coming togather now, just the few last bits to do to get it looking fully how I want  ;)

As soon as i saw the Mk2 coaches at Hattons i brought 5. They sold there stock in about a day i think?

Matt
 :NGaugeForum:

Hi Matt, I know I got mine from Hattons, i'd pre-ordered them when they were first advertised...& now i'm glad I did seeing as they're now showing 'Pre order'  :worried:

I always enjoy updates on your layout Mark - it just gets better and better - I can almost hear the station announcements in my head  :)

One thing I'm curious about is whether you have plans for extending scenery from the shops back-left to the church back-right? Or a back-scene perhaps?

Thankyou Southernboy, glad you enjoy the updates, it keeps me inspired to do more :D

I am going to sort out a backscene for it once I've completed the area near the Abbey hill/tunnel so watch this space for that to appear  ;)

I always enjoy updates on your layout Mark - it just gets better and better - I can almost hear the station announcements in my head  :)

Same here!

Thanks Pengi  :thumbsup:

Welcome in Mark.

It is great to see you and your layout on here.
I look forward to your updates, absolutely excellent layout!

Cheers

Mark

Hi Mark,

Thanks very much for the kind feedback, glad your enjoying it :D. I have some annual leave coming up shortly so will get a lot more done to it & will of course be posting some more pictures :)

All the best,
Mark
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 11:53:44 AM by 1977joey »

Offline Guy

• Awards
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2013, 10:00:46 PM »
I've really enjoyed looking at your photos. Excellent layout and superb station detailing.  :)

Offline 1977joey

• Awards
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2013, 12:36:40 PM »
I've really enjoyed looking at your photos. Excellent layout and superb station detailing.  :)

Thankyou Guy  :D

Glad your enjoying it. I'll get some more pictures on here once more work has been done to the bottom half of the layout.

All the best,
Mark

Offline 1977joey

• Awards
« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2013, 05:07:44 PM »
Hi Chaps,

well my weeks annual leave is almost over  :( Wow, how that's fled....& the plans to do any modelling have been put aside for other things cropping up. However today I've had a good bash at the area below the 'Abbey' by tldying it up & constructing walls, pavements & back gardens to the terraced houses.
Lamp posts are yet to be added to finish it off & next to the railway opposite the signalbox I'm yet to add cabinets to set this area off.

Here's some pictures taken today, along with a bit of a running session of course  ;)

First up, on loan to Tyseley is a NSE Class 121 strengthening a Class 108 seen waiting at Platform 1 with the all stations service to Wolverhampton

Next the daily InterCity 125 service from Newcastle to Swansea (Via Manchester) is arriving at Platform 2 with it's booked call at Shawbury Foregate

This picture shows the reconfigured area below the 'Abbey'. I'm yet to sort out the road markings, lampposts & other details.

Next the Class 25 hauled Aberystwyth to Stanlow empty oil tank train is approaching the down goods loop for a crew change

The train draws to a stop next to the local service to Crewe formed of a Class 101 DMU

Cheers for now guys,
Mark
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 05:10:02 PM by 1977joey »

Offline scotsoft

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Scottish n' Newcastle
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2013, 05:28:49 PM »
Your photos are very good Mark along with the explanations of what is happening in the photo  :thumbsup:

I have been looking for a long time to find a small working clock to use as a station clock, I think it would be an excellent addition to a station.  There are small digital watches that can be stripped down and used but an analogue clock would be a find  ;)

cheers John.

Offline daveg

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 22509
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2013, 06:19:12 PM »
I noticed the clock, too. An analogue one in N that worked would be amazing.

Really lovely detail on the canopies as well.

Thanks for the great pics.

Dave G

Offline Bealman

• N Gauge Society Number: 23151
  • Promotion remains in the future
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2013, 11:42:10 PM »
Good pics! Hope that Abbey is still standing next time.... Donald Kong is getting perilously close!  ;D
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Offline kaiwhara

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 19901
  • Train Driver and former Signalman from New Zealand
    • Facebook
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2013, 11:54:22 PM »
Good pics! Hope that Abbey is still standing next time.... Donald Kong is getting perilously close!  ;D

:laughabovepost: :smiley-laughing: :laugh: :claphappy:
:Class414:  :NGaugersRule: :Class37:

My Model Planning Thread:

(Click on Picture to view thread)

View my photos at my Flickr Account

Offline 1977joey

• Awards
« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2013, 12:35:37 AM »
Your photos are very good Mark along with the explanations of what is happening in the photo  :thumbsup:

I have been looking for a long time to find a small working clock to use as a station clock, I think it would be an excellent addition to a station.  There are small digital watches that can be stripped down and used but an analogue clock would be a find  ;)

cheers John.

Thankyou John,

I like the working clock idea...mine were pictures of a real one sized down & printed on card, only problem is it's always 13:00 at Shawbury lol!

I noticed the clock, too. An analogue one in N that worked would be amazing.

Really lovely detail on the canopies as well.

Thanks for the great pics.

Dave G

Thanks for the great feedback Dave, glad you like it :)

Thankyou Bealman....& yes your right about Donald kong lol!  ;D I always forget to move him out of shot. Must remember next time. Eventually i'll have a backscene to hide whats behind  :doh: Though it may hinder his view of the trains  ;)

All the best,
Mark
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 12:38:11 AM by 1977joey »

Offline 1977joey

• Awards
« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2013, 11:38:38 AM »
Hi Chaps,

well not much in the way of modelling done to the layout lately as it's just been too hot, but I have received my 3 Class 150/1's back from 'r3resprays' & I have to say they look fantastic.

Now my Cambrian lines services to Aberystwyth & Pwllheli as well as some local services from Shawbury have a Sprinter service...

First up in bay Platform 3 is a 4 car set formed of 150128 & 150132 forming an Aberystwyth service while 150114 waits on the up goods for it's next duty

Later that day 150114 arrives back at Shawbury on the 16:17 Wolverhampton to Chester service

and comes to a stand at Platform 5b

Before sending the units off I painted the seats red with black frames to represent how they were at the time (red with navy stripes)

Cheers for now guys,
Mark
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 11:40:34 AM by 1977joey »

Offline Greybeema

• N Gauge Society Number: 22399
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2013, 12:38:56 PM »
Looking good.  Love the pictures, and the attention to detail.  Keep those pictures coming…
:Class414:
Worlds Greatest Suburban Electric - Southern
(Sparky Arcy 3rd Rail Electrickery Traction)

My Layout on NGauge Forum:- http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=12592.msg154278#msg154278

Offline 1977joey

• Awards
« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2013, 04:59:18 PM »
Looking good.  Love the pictures, and the attention to detail.  Keep those pictures coming…
Thanks Greybeema  :) Glad you like it. Once this weather actually cools down i'll be getting some more modelling done :goggleeyes:

All the best,
Mark

Offline 1977joey

• Awards
« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2013, 11:07:30 PM »
Hi chaps,

well a little modelling done today, this time the signals at the tunnel mouth have been re-configured. I thought the semaphore that was next to the tunnel did look a little too steam age for my liking along with the rest of the semaphores in the station, so I thought a change to colour lights would look better (for the station approaches). I decided to have a Bi-directional gantry so the signals are controlling both the exit of the station (as distance signals) with a feather route indicator for the Hereford/Welshpool line & for the approaches at the tunnel mouth, a theatre route indicator which would tell the driver what platform the train would arrive.

I've done it the same way as my other 'pretend' colour lights, by chopping up the rest of the knightwing traffic lights, adding plasticard for the route indicators, painting them black & using a gel pen for the lenses...

This picture shows the Gantry constructed & one of the signals glued on

Now with all Signals glued on with A 150 Sprinter having just passed under after leaving platform 2 for Birmingham New Street as a Class 108 DMU is signalled into Platform 5 with a Swansea to Crewe service

Drivers eye view of the signals guarding the approaches to Shawbury Foregate station.

Cheers for now guys,
Mark

Offline Bealman

• N Gauge Society Number: 23151
  • Promotion remains in the future
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: July 24, 2013, 04:48:13 AM »
All lookin' good, buddy.  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Offline daveg