!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Dapol - Class 43 / HST  (Read 63714 times)

Offline Guy

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: Dapol - Class 43 / HST
« Reply #60 on: June 04, 2012, 09:46:29 PM »
Many thanks Shaun!!!
I'll now have a look for them online.

Offline EtchedPixels

• Advertiser
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 16353
  • 2mm Association Number: 4412
    • Ebay
    • Google+
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Etched Pixels
    • Awards
« Reply #61 on: June 05, 2012, 11:48:11 AM »
Does anyone know when Dapol are likely to produce the second batch of blue grey 125s? Having missed the first batch and tried almost everywhere to no avail, I don't want to miss it again!

Presumably the catalogue will tell us 8)
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Offline Greybeema

• N Gauge Society Number: 22399
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: June 05, 2012, 01:31:43 PM »
I got an app for my iPhone - ModelSpeed 0.74.  Just put in you scale, (British N) or whatever, The distance you are going to time over (feet, inches, metres, MM) and Robert is your Mothers brother.  Click to start.  Click to stop and you have your time. 

I have used this in conjuction with DC to set Top & Middle speeds which on my layout is 100% = 60MPH.  50% = 30MPH etc...
:Class414:
Worlds Greatest Suburban Electric - Southern
(Sparky Arcy 3rd Rail Electrickery Traction)

My Layout on NGauge Forum:- http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=12592.msg154278#msg154278

Offline EtchedPixels

• Advertiser
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 16353
  • 2mm Association Number: 4412
    • Ebay
    • Google+
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Etched Pixels
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: June 05, 2012, 04:53:17 PM »
I got an app for my iPhone - ModelSpeed 0.74.  Just put in you scale, (British N) or whatever, The distance you are going to time over (feet, inches, metres, MM) and Robert is your Mothers brother.  Click to start.  Click to stop and you have your time. 

As with all iphone aps - there's a free one for Android 8) (Scale Mate)
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Offline REFaust

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 20356
    • My N Gauge YouTube channel
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: June 10, 2012, 02:14:24 PM »
A little while in coming, but I've added a review of the Intercity Executive bookset to my YouTube channel:

Review - Dapol Class 43 HST Bookset in Intercity Executive Livery

Enjoy!

R E Faust

Offline Jeff McGhie

• Awards
« Reply #65 on: June 12, 2012, 10:22:16 PM »
Are the coaches for the executive set correct?

My (albeit fuzzy) recollection was that that style of intercity branding didn;t come in until the swallow livery and that it should be the smaller non itallic version.

Thoughts?
Jeff.

Offline BernardTPM

• N Gauge Society Number: 3490
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: June 12, 2012, 11:25:57 PM »
Jeff, your memory is correct, the later INTERCITY branding first appeared with the 'Swallow' version livery in late 1987, however, there was a degree of overlap and mixing of stock, so both types in the same formation would have been possible. Dapol did have an InterCity branded version on show at the N gauge AGM.

Offline scruff

• Awards
« Reply #67 on: June 14, 2012, 05:16:29 PM »
I think it was generally accepted that Dapol should have included the correct executive livery coaches in the bookset but they didn't, They included swallow livery coaches instead which wasn't a major problem as there was a period of overlap.

However, Dapol seem to have realised the error of their ways and are now releasing mk3 1st and 2nd open coaches in executive livery this month. Hopefully these will be in the correct executive dark grey colour scheme and not the later falcon grey.

Cheers

Mark

Offline bluedepot

• Trade Count: (+8)
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: June 14, 2012, 07:06:34 PM »
when did intercity swallow begin?  is it just the way intercity is written on the coaches that is the difference?

any news on the buffets??? are they in model shops now???

cheers

tim

Offline BernardTPM

• Awards
« Reply #69 on: June 14, 2012, 08:17:01 PM »
It was part of InterCity 21, the 21st anniversary in May 1987. There were subtle changes in the colours but, apart from the revised lettering, the most obvious differences were on locomotives and InterCity125 power cars where there was more extensive use of white and less of yellow.

Offline OwL

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 15643
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: June 14, 2012, 08:19:49 PM »
I noticed in the latest NGS journal that Dapol are releasing some Mk111 coaches in East Midland Trains Livery.

Proud New Owner of Old Warren Traction Maintenance Depot Layout.

http://www.c58lg.co.uk/  http://www.c60pg.co.uk/

Offline scruff

• Awards
« Reply #71 on: June 14, 2012, 08:32:08 PM »
Starting from the blue / grey livery(Rail blue and Rail Grey)
The HSTs had the addition of "125" applied to the text on Power cars and coaches.

The next livery was Inter-City Executive (executive light grey and executive dark grey) introduced on 3rd october 1983 (inter city sector relaunch)
The power car text was "Inter-City 125" the same as the coaches

The next livery was INTERCITY swallow (Silver white lower body on loco/power cars, executive light grey with Falcon grey upper bodyside) introduced on the 1st may 1987 (21st anniversary of inter city)

Mark 3 HST Trailers were lettered "Inter-city 125" in blue/grey and executive liveries but only Intercity in italics on swallow livery as well as smaller numbers. No buffers were fitted.
Mark 3a and 3b coaches were NOT used on HSTs, due to a different electrical and braking system. They were fitted with buffers.
As a result these only carried Inter-city lettering the same as the liveries above, but NOT the 125. Some were also painted in Scotrail colours, basically executive livery with the red stripe replaced by light blue and bold Scotrail lettering.

For indentifcation purposes, look at the coach number
Coaches starting 1xxxx are Mark 3a and Mark 3b Loco hauled coaches.
Coaches starting 4xxxx are HST Mark 3 Trailers.

I believe the Dapol buffet cars are due very soon as well as a pair of 1st and 2nd class HST trailers in executive livery.

HTH
Mark
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 08:44:13 PM by scruff, Reason: more info added. »

Offline RichardBattersby

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 22678
  • 2mm Association Number: 5151
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: June 14, 2012, 09:02:20 PM »
When did the Blue/Yellow livery (not sure of its proper name) come in/leave? Are Dapol going to bring out this livery again does anybody know?
Richard
Askham Battersby MKII - NE/Midland Modular Layout

"We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing."

Offline scruff

• Awards
« Reply #73 on: June 14, 2012, 09:19:13 PM »
HST power cars were introduced to the public in the Blue/Grey livery. but before launch there were livery trials of black and yellow on the power cars, with the black in roughly the same position as the blue on the front end (pointy bit :smiley-laughing: ) The back end was Blue/Grey to match the trailers.

I heard Dapol Dave say elsewhere that a new Blue/Grey HST is due pretty soon and will be an eastern region set.

HTH

Mark

Offline BernardTPM

• Awards
« Reply #74 on: June 14, 2012, 10:41:37 PM »
When did the Blue/Yellow livery come in/leave?
blue/yellow is the outer end of blue/grey, the blue changing position with the diagonal stripe. The coaches originally only had Inter-City on them until around 1979 when 125 was added. Inter-City became InterCity on 'Executive' livery (i.e. they dropped the hyphen). while the first few power cars had outline lettering like the earlier blue/grey power cars, but this was changed to solid white letters fairly quickly. Likewise the 'light grey' (actually a beige) above the dark grey on the power cars was dropped as it discoloured easily.

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £60.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £95.00
Above Goal: £35.00
Site Currency: GBP
158% 
May Donations

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal