!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: A mis-spent lunchtime  (Read 1402 times)

Offline tadpole

• Trade Count: (+1)
    • Ebay
    • Facebook
    • PhotoBucket
    • Awards
A mis-spent lunchtime
« on: December 30, 2010, 06:52:02 PM »
I've had three blue Minitrix Mk1s sitting around doing nothing for months, and rather that put them on eBay I decided to convert them into a 3TC unit. Not the best conversion I've ever done, but not bad considering they were in revenue-earning service within two hours of my getting this daft idea (most of which was waiting for paint to dry).

3TCs were the same as 4TCs but without the first class car (FK), which meant they couldn't really work on their own. All were extended to 4TCs shortly after painting into blue/grey livery.

The raw materials, cabs glued on.

Paint over the cracks, add headcodes, BR logos, remove first class.

Plonk it on the tracks and await some horsepower

Aaah, that'll do nicely

Shunt it into the platform

....and away we go!

OK, it still needs touching up, and I'll probably add an FK to make it a 4TC eventually.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 06:56:18 PM by tadpole »
Two rails good. Three better.

Offline tadpole

• Trade Count: (+1)
    • Ebay
    • Facebook
    • PhotoBucket
    • Awards
Re: A mis-spent lunchtime
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2010, 07:00:04 PM »
And while I was at it, I also had the bizarre idea of painting a scrap coach into the livery of my favourite bus company (Aldershot & District).

- actually if I can find a chassis and some glazing (both are borrowed in the picture) this could become the FK for my 4TC.
Two rails good. Three better.

Offline Tank

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+30)
    • Awards
Re: A mis-spent lunchtime
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2010, 09:24:57 PM »
Good work tadpole.  I painted all of my Minitrix into NSE (surprise surprise)!  I think they're lovely carriages, and you can pick them up on ebay quite cheaply.  Just a shame that they're not 1:148, but never mind.   :)

Please Support Us!
January Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Jan 31
Total Receipts: £85.00
Above Goal: £25.00
Site Currency: GBP
142% 
January Donations

Advertise Here
anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal