!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Hattons  (Read 48866 times)

Offline class37025

• Trade Count: (+33)
    • Awards
Re: Hattons
« Reply #330 on: February 22, 2019, 06:14:13 PM »
very happy bunny today, placed an order just before lunchtime, for some scenic stuff to do some work on, apologies, some 1/76 wargames vehicle bases and terrain hexes.
checked about 17:00 and been despatched  :thumbsup:

now up to royal snail to do their 48 hour thing, so I guess it will be monday that I will have to smuggle another box into the house, under SWMBO's radar  :-[

order cannot have taken more than 6 hours from placing to despatched. that is great service in my book  :D
typed by fur box mechanic - dictated by brain on a chain

Offline Leon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 27933
    • Ebay
    • Thistle Fine Art
    • Awards
« Reply #331 on: February 22, 2019, 08:24:27 PM »
Excellent service, super fast shipping, and cheaper than anywhere I can get here (thanks to JP for the tip that England is cheaper).

By the way, the shipping is faster than Chicago to Philadelphia!!! And that’s about 3000 miles less in distance.

Just saw your post and can testify to equally good service from Hatton's. I always use standard shipping but it doesn't take long for an order to arrive. I've stated previously on other threads that Hatton's prices and shipping charges are better than any British dealer from whom I've purchased. And, yes, the prices are usually better than any American supplier, with the possible exception of Woodland Scenics (whose products aren't cheap anywhere!).

Leon
"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." - Maya Angelou

Offline 1936ace

• N Gauge Society Number: 22564
    • Awards
« Reply #332 on: March 05, 2019, 09:32:46 AM »
Hi all, any idea when the hattons /Bachman issue will be sorted out. Both parties don't seem to want to provide any info.
Of the 164 wagons shown on their website they have just 25

Offline Cape Town Trev

• N Gauge Society Number: 7499
    • Awards
« Reply #333 on: March 05, 2019, 10:16:36 AM »
Hi all, any idea when the hattons /Bachman issue will be sorted out. Both parties don't seem to want to provide any info.
Of the 164 wagons shown on their website they have just 25

Commercial sensitivity?

I use Hattons because being in Cape Town a DHL parcel can be with me in 4 days with customs duties paid by me before its left Europe.  There are GF items I may want but Rails of Sheffield just do Royal Mail and that can take 2 months. I have a parcel sent by a book shop 3 Jan sitting in a container in Cape Town awaiting clearance having sat in Johannesburg for 6 or 7 weeks  :'(

Offline njee20

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 22598
    • Awards
« Reply #334 on: March 05, 2019, 12:33:48 PM »
Not seen any movement on the Bachmann/Hatton's issue in ages, it's got to be hurting both parties. Given Bachmann apparently have all of Hatton's historic stock allocated to them still they are obviously still expecting a resolution.

Offline Yet_Another

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25847
  • Chacun à son goût!
    • Awards
« Reply #335 on: March 05, 2019, 07:54:41 PM »
They will be losing business. It's my local supplier, but I've just set up my wishlist elsewhere, because there's some stuff about to come out that I want, and these days, if you don't get it when it's released, there's no guarantee you'll find it six months later.
Tony

'...things are not done by those who sit down to count the cost of every thought and act.' - Sir Daniel Gooch of IKB

Offline class37025

• Awards
« Reply #336 on: March 24, 2019, 05:13:31 PM »
just a heads up,
but I put in an order for some bits for wargames units / bases [sorry 1/76  :-[] on the 22nd, and checked today to see what was the status .....

'payment taken, awaiting picking'

went on 'chat' and asked when I might expect them to be picked / packed / despatched, and was told that

"Our warehouse do not work weekends so this order should be picked and despatched on Monday for you."

replied that I remember them working weekends, and got the following

"They did used to, this changed a few weeks ago."

so, be aware that they seem to be making savings, and if you want to get something quickly, do not order any later than Thursday to be on the safe side.

UPDATE 25th
just got an e-mail to advise picked & packed.
apparently coming via Hermes [paint and varnish in order so Royal Snail won't carry] but thes always came by Yokel, anything to read into this ?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2019, 10:50:36 AM by class37025 »

Offline Paddy

• N Gauge Society Number: 10732
  • 2mm Association Number: N/A
    • Awards
« Reply #337 on: March 25, 2019, 09:42:52 AM »
It is a shame that Bachman and Hatton seem to have a commercial dispute - both are very respected companies and I hope they can find a resolution.

Kind regards

Paddy
HOLLERTON JUNCTION (SHED 13C)
London Midland Region
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=11342.0

Offline crepello

• N Gauge Society Number: 3956
    • Awards
« Reply #338 on: March 25, 2019, 03:15:40 PM »
Only just discovered this thread! After waiting ages for the Farish catalogue and Western Pullman I cancelled my orders and got them from Rails instead. A friendly person on the Hatton's stand at Ally Pally advised me to do likewise as long as the dispute continues.

Offline Tonye

• N Gauge Society Number: 11231
    • Awards
« Reply #339 on: March 26, 2019, 07:59:12 AM »
 :hellosign: In the BRM mag, the April edition, Hattons adverts contains no N gauge at all. 
Tonye

Offline Cape Town Trev

• N Gauge Society Number: 7499
    • Awards
« Reply #340 on: March 26, 2019, 08:05:08 AM »
:hellosign: In the BRM mag, the April edition, Hattons adverts contains no N gauge at all.
Saving space and money for the advert!  I can understand no Farish items if in dispute.  But no Dapol!!!!!!  Perhaps was easier not to advertise N gauge.

Offline nookfield

• Trade Count: (+2)
    • Awards
« Reply #341 on: March 26, 2019, 12:38:59 PM »
Saving space and money for the advert!  I can understand no Farish items if in dispute.  But no Dapol!!!!!!  Perhaps was easier not to advertise N gauge.

Hattons have 11 pages of adverts. Probably more just a reflection of the demand for the various scales and the lack of anything new in British N scale. Rails also do not include any N scale.

Hattons do include Dapol Class 142 as a best seller and Class 50/68 for pre-order

BRM does include an article on the excellent Todmorden Midland
« Last Edit: March 26, 2019, 12:40:12 PM by nookfield »

Offline class37025

• Awards
« Reply #342 on: May 14, 2019, 12:41:34 PM »
just a heads up,
but I've just placed an order for paints, which I know will have to come via courier as Royal Mail won't carry them, and when I went to check out I was offered ..

£4 collect from shop
or
£7 DPD next day delivery.

being a grumpy / tight fisted old git I phoned up to query why no £4 Yodel option, though my last order including paint arrived by Hermes.

apparently Hattons no longer use either Yodel or Hermes, only DPD, BUT there should be an option for £4 via DPD as well.

the very helpful lady on the phone gave me a discount code to take off the difference, and I was able to place the order.

so, if you place an order including paint, and only get the £7 DPD option, it's worth giving Hattons a bell.

off now to get some work done in the garden, and after reading a certain thread on here I'll be wearin

rubber boots
rubber gloves
have one hand in my pocket

and be sweating my b******s off  :smiley-laughing:

Offline Skyline2uk

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lets preserve at least one HST.....
    • My home layout thread, Filton TMD
    • Awards
« Reply #343 on: May 14, 2019, 12:56:09 PM »
Thanks for info above, I need some paint.

rubber boots
rubber gloves
have one hand in my pocket

and be sweating my b******s off  :smiley-laughing:

And when you have finished that, will you be doing some gardening?

;)

Skyline2uk

Offline NinOz

• N Gauge Society Number: Ex3504
    • Awards
« Reply #344 on: May 14, 2019, 12:58:53 PM »
just a heads up,
but I've just placed an order for paints, which I know will have to come via courier as Royal Mail won't carry them, and when I went to check out I was offered ..

£4 collect from shop
or
£7 DPD next day delivery.
It costs 4 quid to pick it up from the shop. :o
I must be misunderstanding something here. ???
To be called pompous and arrogant - hell of a come down.
I tried so hard to be snobbish and haughty.

Please Support Us!
October Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Total Receipts: £74.00
Below Goal: £26.00
Site Currency: GBP
74% 
October Donations

Advertise Here
anything