!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Hattons  (Read 48723 times)

Offline class37025

• Trade Count: (+33)
    • Awards
Re: Hattons
« Reply #225 on: October 17, 2017, 01:24:43 PM »
to be honest, I have given up on Hattons.
I've been a customer of theirs for more years than I like to remember, and I would certainly not like SWMBO to find out how much I have spent with them over those years. service was great, prices great, despatch fast.
until they moved.
after that it seemed to slowly go downhill. orders took longer to despatch, stock control seemed to slip, with several calls from them to say they hadn't got an item that their site said they had, etc.
then recently they "upgraded" their systems  :veryangry:
since then it seems to be a complete c****p.
they don't send despatch e-mails now, 'the system won't let us'
they can't merge or add to orders ' the system won't let us'

I had an order a few weeks ago which showed as 'partially allocated' for several days  :confused2:
went on chat and asked what that meant 'oh, all the items are in stock, but some are still on pallets in the pallet warehouse, and we are waiting for them to come over to the warehouse so they can be picked'

for me, the final straw came this morning, when I received an e-mail to tell me an item I had on pre-order had come into stock. I had 4 on one order, and had added two more on another.

previously, they would have merged them and sent out the six as one order.

so I checked to see if I had any orders awaiting picking or packing, and I had one. so I went on 'chat' gave the invoice number and the order numbers of the two lots of per-order, and asked if they could be packed together to save two lots of postage.
reply ? 'we can't merge orders, the system won't let us'  :veryangry:
so are they going to come out as three separate orders each with p&p ? 'yes'  :censored: :censored:
can you cancel the pre-orders ? 'I can do that'

fine please do so !

I then went back into my account and cancelled all my other pre-orders, both for stuff for the railway and wargames. credit card gave a sigh of relief, and I felt a lot better.

SO BE WARNED, at the moment it seems that if you have anything on pre-order, each item will be sent by itself [themselves if more of that item on an order], with p&p added, even if on the same day.

rant over.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 01:26:21 PM by class37025 »
typed by fur box mechanic - dictated by brain on a chain

Offline daveg

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 22509
    • Awards
« Reply #226 on: October 17, 2017, 01:31:25 PM »
Ouch!  :doh: :worried:

Maybe a missive to Christine herself wouldn't be a bad thing - if you have the time and patience!

I'm 100% up to date and don't really expect ever to get that pre-ordered (Feb 2015) baby Deltic but that's not Hatton's fault.

It'll be interesting to hear from others with recently placed orders.

Dave G

Offline RailGooner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 17356
  • I'm supporting Soldier F
    • Ebay
    • Awards
« Reply #227 on: October 17, 2017, 02:00:55 PM »
I've been a customer of Hatton's for two decades or more. Since the sad passing of Keith Hatton, my experience has been very similar to that recounted by @class37025 .

Hatton's was once my go-to supplier - I'd only look elsewhere if Hatton's didn't have it and very rare was it that they didn't. Now, I might browse Hatton's to look at the pictures of an item before almost always buying it elsewhere for (one or more of the following reasons,) better service/less money/lower P&P/faster dispatch. I use their email notification service in a similar manner.

Sometimes companies get too big to maintain efficiencies and/or they get stuck focusing on the numbers at the expense of customer service.
“We are indebted to those soldiers who served with courage and distinction to bring peace to Northern Ireland,” UK Defence Secretary Gavin Williamson said. “The welfare of our former service personnel is of the utmost importance.”

Per Ardua ad Astra | Mens Agitat Molem | Victoria Concordia Crescit | Utrinque Paratus | Caveat lector

Offline PaulCheffus

• N Gauge Society Number: 4575
  • 2mm Association Number: 4172
    • Awards
« Reply #228 on: October 17, 2017, 02:19:00 PM »
Hi

I gave up on Hattons years ago after they twice sold my pre-ordered items to someone else because some  :censored: had fraudulently used my card. I had contacted Hattons within ten minutes of receiving the email from them that my card had been declined and on both occasions was told sorry we don't have any left now.

Cheers

Paul
Procrastination - The Thief of Time.

Offline Cape Town Trev

• N Gauge Society Number: 7499
    • Awards
« Reply #229 on: October 17, 2017, 03:57:57 PM »
What does "Open" mean on order status?  I have many saying "shipped".
To be honest all the "open" orders I have received.  I have 7 "open" orders going back to 2015.  I'm sure when I placed my recent order a few weeks' ago they were all "shipped".

Offline class37025

• Awards
« Reply #230 on: October 17, 2017, 04:13:16 PM »
not sure, mine normally go .

payment taken - awaiting picking - picked awaiting packing - despatched, mind you it's only the payment taken that seem to quick these days, the others can take ages to change

Offline class37025

• Awards
« Reply #231 on: October 17, 2017, 04:19:01 PM »
just checked my account, and if I check orders I get the open / shipped / cancelled, but if I check the invoices I get the statuses I quoted. sorry fr the confusion

Offline Ian Morton

• Ebay
    • Modelscape
    • Awards
« Reply #232 on: October 17, 2017, 04:22:59 PM »
I have placed, and had problems with, two orders in the past few months. In both cases one or more items were physically out of stock despite what the computer said.

The second time I was told that the out of stock items would follow in a few days. A month later I noticed that the items were back in stock at Hattons but mine hadn't turned up, so I chased them. A week later I chased them again. A week later they turned up.

I am not minded to use them again.  :(

Offline daffy

• N Gauge Society Number: Lapsed
  • Learning everyday
    • Awards
« Reply #233 on: October 17, 2017, 05:23:37 PM »
@Cape Town Trev    Re 'open' orders: usually this means the item on the order has not yet been shipped. It's another way to say 'order in progress', and can refer to normal orders currently being processed for shipment, or perhaps a pre-ordered item that might stay as an 'open' order for months - or in some cases with n Gauge releases, years!. Orders normally cease to be open when they are 'shipped'.

But in my experience it has one other clear meaning - the supplier has completed the order, shipped it, and the customer has it. But someone, somewhere at the company pressed a wrong button and the order incorrectly remains indicated as 'open'.

In those circumstances I usually email the company and tell them to amend their records if what is 'open' has been shipped and received.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 05:25:44 PM by daffy »
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Offline Yet_Another

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25847
  • Chacun à son goût!
    • Awards
« Reply #234 on: October 17, 2017, 07:15:30 PM »
I had (have) an order in open status, which I chased, to be told that it had been sent, and there is a problem with orders updating, which they know about. Sure enough, it was waiting for me when I got home, but they really need to get the folks with ponytails on the case and sort their IT out.
Tony

'...things are not done by those who sit down to count the cost of every thought and act.' - Sir Daniel Gooch of IKB

Offline class37025

• Awards
« Reply #235 on: October 17, 2017, 07:33:36 PM »
makes you wonder if they tested this "upgrade" before they installed it.

don't think the person I spoke to today after my 'chat' appreciated my suggestion that they should go back to the system that worked.

what annoyed me as much as anything was that there was no offer of refunding the postage that I would have had to pay because their system is not fit for purpose.

obviously hadn't heard of the concepts of 'own the problem' and 'don't say what you can't do, say what you can'.

but hey, lots more box shifters out there. and it certainly doesn't seem from the posts on here that I'm the only one having problems.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 07:34:37 PM by class37025, Reason: typo corrected »

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #236 on: October 17, 2017, 09:39:13 PM »

but hey, lots more box shifters out there. and it certainly doesn't seem from the posts on here that I'm the only one having problems.

Problem is, people are moving away from Rails of Sheffield in protest at their recent website change which is not to everyone's taste. If you live in the UK and don't pay via paypal I can recommend TrackShack in the I.o.M. who give next day delivery and their prices are very competitive. I have used Hattons probably twice in 20 years but am still happy with Rails, especially as I've trained my rellies to get me vouchers for Christmas/birthdays :D

Offline emjaybee

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: Yes
  • 2mm Association Number: No
  • Grumpy, and proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #237 on: October 17, 2017, 10:16:45 PM »

Problem is, people are moving away from Rails of Sheffield in protest at their recent website change which is not to everyone's taste. If you live in the UK and don't pay via paypal I can recommend TrackShack in the I.o.M. who give next day delivery and their prices are very competitive. I have used Hattons probably twice in 20 years but am still happy with Rails, especially as I've trained my rellies to get me vouchers for Christmas/birthdays :D

I can't speak for everyone, but I haven't moved away from Rails in protest, merely because I can't find anything on their damn website. I will also vouch for TrackShack, fast, competitive, helpful.
Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Offline Cooper

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 22643
  • 2mm Association Number: 5048
    • Awards
« Reply #238 on: October 17, 2017, 11:01:58 PM »
The last few models I've bought have been from Colletts Models :

https://www.collettsmodelshop.co.uk/

Have to say excellent prices with excellent service. Usual disclaimers apply....

Offline RailGooner

• N Gauge Society Number: 17356
  • I'm supporting Soldier F
    • Ebay
    • Awards
« Reply #239 on: October 17, 2017, 11:50:16 PM »
https://www.collettsmodelshop.co.uk/

No orders will be shipped from 14th Oct until 23rd Oct
On Holiday
Sorry for any inconvenience caused

You see, I like and respect that sort of clarity and honesty. You only get that from the smaller traders. For me a big plus with a smaller business is, any correspondence/communication is with folk heavily invested in that business's reputation - likely the owners. I'll always prefer to be informed of delays or hiccups early, rather than be fob off with pitiful sob stories.

Ordered a few bits from Osborn's earlier today. Barely an hour later, Michael emailed confirming despatch of all but one - out of stock - item which would follow ASAP. :thumbsup: Works for me.
“We are indebted to those soldiers who served with courage and distinction to bring peace to Northern Ireland,” UK Defence Secretary Gavin Williamson said. “The welfare of our former service personnel is of the utmost importance.”

Per Ardua ad Astra | Mens Agitat Molem | Victoria Concordia Crescit | Utrinque Paratus | Caveat lector

Please Support Us!
October Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Total Receipts: £66.00
Below Goal: £34.00
Site Currency: GBP
66% 
October Donations

Advertise Here