Main Menu

Deltic

Started by wheelchairman, January 02, 2014, 01:49:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

wheelchairman

Hello, dropped my Pale Blue Deltic off layout, managed to catch it but broke coupling, I know it seems a daft question but what couplings does it take? the coupling snapped and there seems to be 2 bits left in bogie, as I bought it in a set there is no paper work, so how do I get bogie out, I know I must seem really stupid - but would really appreciate some help, on these 2 questions
Thanks
Fred  :-[
At least I can use my Wheelchair batteries if there is a power cut !!!

Ian McShane

It's a while since I messed with my Blue Deltic, but I'm pretty sure the bogies just pull out, but be careful, in case my (very old ) memory is failing me. It takes the standard Farish couplings.

Ian

Dr Al

If it's the Deltic prototype DP1 then it takes NEM standard shank rapidos:

http://www.ehattons.com/23575/Graham_Farish_379_401_NEM_standard_couplings_Pack_of_20/StockDetail.aspx

These just push into the NEM socket on the bogie.

If it's an older style production deltic then you'll need the older style sprung rapido:

http://www.ehattons.com/23577/Graham_Farish_379_405_Farish_N_Gauge_couplings_and_springs_Pack_of_10/StockDetail.aspx

The bogie frame will need to be unclipped, and be careful for the coupling spring which is in there - it may make a bid for freedom!

Cheers,
Alan
Quote from: Roy L S
If Dr Al is online he may be able to provide a more comprehensive answer.

"We have also arranged things so that almost no one understands science and technology. This is a prescription for disaster. We might get away with it for a while, but sooner or later this combustible mixture of ignorance and power is going to blow up in our faces." – Dr. Carl Sagan

wheelchairman

Hello Dr. Al, it is the pale blue Deltic that came in a set, I'll try to get bogie out, but while it is in I can't see a spring  :thankyousign:
Fred
At least I can use my Wheelchair batteries if there is a power cut !!!

Dr Al

Sounds like the newer style model (if it has working lights it is), so won't have spring couplers.

Cheers,
Alan
Quote from: Roy L S
If Dr Al is online he may be able to provide a more comprehensive answer.

"We have also arranged things so that almost no one understands science and technology. This is a prescription for disaster. We might get away with it for a while, but sooner or later this combustible mixture of ignorance and power is going to blow up in our faces." – Dr. Carl Sagan

Please Support Us!
October Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Total Receipts: £12.34
Below Goal: £87.66
Site Currency: GBP
 12%
October Donations